"Zipper"y do dah....our first Zipper wand post :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well, broke my phone last night....yep I dropped it again....but this time, didn't survive. Will be up and running later this morning I hope.

But....

Here are a couple videos of the other night.

Tough Restaurant and Bar we do. 2 levels, so big job.

In the past, have tried RX-20-'s

Have tried Red pad scrub and high flow (12 flow)on 6 jet Prochem Titanium's and Hooked to High Heat Butlers (with the 47 larger Blowers)

Has presented different problems in Cleaning each time.

This time we just presprayed (using Harvard products PM me if you wand the formula) , no agitation (intentionally) and went to see what the Zipper could do.

It did great. Definitely a time saver for our application.

There were some areas the High Flow Prochem Titanium had a hard time cutting, but the Zipper would buzz it right out. I think it is able to keep the heat enclosed a bit more, but also, the angle of the jets is pretty dang spot on.

Set up of the Zipper is way easier than thought.

See Erik's video for basic care and set up. Set up on commercial carpets, be able to slip a business card under and have it just start to hold the business card. (oh and take off the weights that are on the zipper....really will not need it)

For residential carpets, set the back glide up to about 3/16" from the FLOOR or Hard flat surface you are using to set distance from....Then go clean the carpets. You can mess around with it a bit more, but it is just minor tweeks or adjustments maybe from here.

We used the same setting on 2 different height residentials yesterday to test....did great! (again taking the weight off the unit was a big help compared to our first run)

The larger unit is harder to use on residential, but I really don't mind. If going to do more residential and you want easier, get a smaller head one and maybe ergo handle.

Now for the Videos, lighting is terrible, but hey....THE DANG THING PLAIN OLD CLEANED AND IN ABOUT HALF THE TIME :)

So, I am not an expert with the unit, but wanted to try and share what we have experienced.

AND I DID ORDER ANOTHER SAME LARGE UNIT WITH "T" HANDLE :)

We have some large jobs coming up next week and we want both vans to have it.

Enjoy....if you can....

And Marty....let's hear those snarky comments. (Love that guy :) )

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Just wondering if any Zipper owners are in the NE Ohio/Western PA area? I'd like to take a Zipper for a spin, using my Thermalwave Vortec. Haven't made any Fests or coventions lately to try one out. I just have nightmare memories of the old Steamway powered drag wand. When I first got to try out a light weight scrub wand, it was like a ...a....miracle!
Hpoefully, someone in the Cleveland/Akron/Pittsburgh area has a Zipper I can demo.

I have used mine with both my Thermalwave vortex and my 570...........the zipper did a excellent job with both machines....
I will be buying another one so each truck has it's own...........................

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just wondering if any Zipper owners are in the NE Ohio/Western PA area? I'd like to take a Zipper for a spin, using my Thermalwave Vortec. Haven't made any Fests or coventions lately to try one out. I just have nightmare memories of the old Steamway powered drag wand. When I first got to try out a light weight scrub wand, it was like a ...a....miracle!
Hpoefully, someone in the Cleveland/Akron/Pittsburgh area has a Zipper I can demo.
Didn't Justin Foulk mention he was selling off all those tools because he bought a Zipper and didn't need them any longer?

Reactions: Erik

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Zipper is a flushing machine... without the need to try and feather out weird "clean rings" at the beginning and end. AND it goes forwards :p
IMG_2419_zps048c0bbb.jpg

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I currently have a rotovac xl on the truck. In my opinion the zipper is a commercial tool where as the rotovac is a residential. Not that either of them can't clean both but it's just not their strong suit. The zipper is definitely a high production tool. It's allowed me to decrease my total job time by an average of 40% in a commercial setting.

Name
Marcus
I predict this zipper will take off in less than a year as the tool of choice
Over a wand or rotary........
Still have the rx20 if anyone is interested..........
Homes still need a wand to go under beds furniture and closts

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have worked with machines and tools all my life....I am pretty good at judging good quality tools .....Hoss is not going anywhere. ..it is going to be a hard rotary to ever beat as far as its construction and what it is capable of doing.....the Zipper follows right in those same foot prints.....I would not sit on the fence to long Marty....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I went and looked at that Restaurant/Bar in the video tonight and honest to goodness, I had people applauding when I walked in and talking about how great the place looks.

Honestly, the Zipper did the best cleaning on THIS job, that we have experienced while fighting with it.

I used the Zipper on an empty 2nd story apartment today. Was way easier than getting a rotary up there (crappy place to get in and out)

The 2 owners of the apt there were from Texas and blown away.

They wanted to know if I would come to Texas because they have never seen anything or anyone clean like this.

Told them I know of a few people in Texas I could get them in touch with....and I do know of one Texas cleaner with a zipper or two or three or....:biggrin:

Reactions: Erik and tmdry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ok. You guys have me sold. I just cannot decide if i want to order the 13" or 15". I will be using it with a standard Butler system.

I'm not sure what to tell you here Tracy.

What are you planning use it on? More commercial, or commercial and residential?

Erik can definitely help out too.

Do you run any 2.5 inch hose. We did find that a section of 2.5 from the van with the smaller blowers still did help.

Just have to decide if the 2.5 inch is worth it to you.

Give me a shout also and I will try my best to help

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have a high heat Cleanco 47 and my biggest concern is loss of heat. I run a 6 flow wand because it's not exactly the "fire breather" that some guys run.

I think Saiger has done some mods to get much higher heat than what I see.

Part of me wishes he lived down the road and the other part of me is very happy he is far, far away (ok, not THAT far) from my market ;-).

Great thread!

Reactions: kingjoelking

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I am fine with my stock butlers heat, but I have never really been a huge high heat guy. I would rather have the maximum vac setup my machine is capable of. Sounds like 2.5 or 4 to the door might help with that.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Tell Eric what you have and let him decide what is the best fit for you......
I spoke on the phone with Tracy and he cleans a lot of hotels with large conference rooms. He has a Butler with a 45 blower and makes a lot of long hose runs. I wish I could say buy a 15 inch for the conference rooms with short hose runs. However, I think he'll get more use out of the 13 inch with better performance for the hotel rooms that have longer hose runs from the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom