zipper

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
In my opinion ALL wands and tools should be customizable for the user's height. Especially the tool where the shaft is NOT part of the extraction tube.

Manufacturers should sell small 4-6 inches long pieces of the same material and the user could just pop it in as many as he wants. The same way as a power stretcher connects. (but obviously just with the short pieces)

The solution line could be longer already to accept the different length (same way as a Rotovac 360 XL solution line)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Ok, I about to call him and order one. Answer me a question though. Are they all the same? Or, are there different configurations or options I need to avoid, or specifically ask for? I want a 15 inch ... that's the biggest one, right? I know they make a more traditional wand style handle, or the T type handle. It looks like most of you guys prefer the T handle?

Marty I had the 13" for over a year before I ordered the 15". I wanted the bigger one for commercial so we were both running zippers. I never intended to use it on residential. The 13" almost never comes out now as Cody always grabs the bigger one even for residential.

Gene

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Same here
I bought the 13 first then ordered a 15 and I hardly ever use the 13. I would suggest the larger one.

Marty I had the 13" for over a year before I ordered the 15". I wanted the bigger one for commercial so we were both running zippers. I never intended to use it on residential. The 13" almost never comes out now as Cody always grabs the bigger one even for residential.

Gene

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I would not mind paying a little more if Erik would build them for us normal size folks.
I am sure Eric can figure it out and once he does it will be the same top notch quality.
It will boil down to: Is the investment and the hassle worth the financial return?

Maybe the hormonal imbalanced group can stop their sniffling (:winky:), band together and make a group purchase large enough to justify Eric's investment.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Why would I add a Zipper to my 360s and XL? $2000.00 for a wand?

Another one..... That doesn't understand that you don't compare the Zipper (or any other wand) to a rotary extractor....

They do different things and shine in different circumstances.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Another one..... That doesn't understand that you don't compare the Zipper (or any other wand) to a rotary extractor....

They do different things and shine in different circumstances.
That's an answer to my question?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
  • It is a top notch tool that will last forever.
  • It saves a lot of time in open large spaces.
  • It leaves the carpet very dry, more then any other tool, even when using very high flow.
  • Super easy to move, particularly if you clean (and extract) using only forward motion (very possible and easy).
  • Worth every penny.
Like any other tool (or machine) it is not just how much it costs, it is how much money it makes you in time and or effort savings. If it works for your specific business needs.

I've purchased many tools and later felt like an idiot paying for them. Not the Zipper.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Why wouldn't I compare them, they perform the same function?

The same way you don't compare a 2000 dollar necklace and a 2000 dollar wedding ring.... Both could be made out of the same precious metals and could have equal amounts of precious stones on them....but I want to see how your wedding ring fits and performs on your neck and vice versa the necklace on your finger.

They do perform the same function right? They both are jewelry... They both are to make one feel more pretty or feel whatever. You got my point.

Reactions: rick imby

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
The same way you don't compare a 2000 dollar necklace and a 2000 dollar wedding ring.... Both could be made out of the same precious metals and could have equal amounts of precious stones on them....but I want to see how your wedding ring fits and performs on your neck and vice versa the necklace on your finger.

They do perform the same function right? They both are jewelry... They both are to make one feel more pretty or feel whatever. You got my point.
I normally avoid hair-splitting, but in this case since you invoked an ad-hom in your first post, I will respond.

While both pieces of jewelry are, in general, used as adorning ornaments, the fact is the two you allude to in your analogy adorn two separate parts of the body. Not analogous here though because the two pieces of equipment we are actually discussing are used in the same fashion and perform the exact same function in the exact same scenarios. Because one rotates with a motor and the other doesn't makes zero difference as to their exact purpose.

Get my point?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You took that as an ad-hom....?

I see you're fairly new here...apologies. You'll get used to it.

The two carpet cleaning "jewelry" are also being used in different parts of the "body"
A lot of times a rotary is useless on CGD because of "bouncyness" and chatter whereas a wand or Zipper would be ok.

Anyways.... Having cleaned tens of thousands of sqft with a Zipper and even more with rotaries (Rx20,Hoss, RV XL) I still say, they're not comparable even if it's possible to used them on the same carpets.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That's an answer to my question?

This, however, was an answer to your question:

• It is a top notch tool that will last forever.
  • It saves a lot of time in open large spaces.
  • It leaves the carpet very dry, more then any other tool, even when using very high flow.
  • Super easy to move, particularly if you clean (and extract) using only forward motion (very possible and easy).
  • Worth every penny.
Like any other tool (or machine) it is not just how much it costs, it is how much money it makes you in time and or effort savings. If it works for your specific business needs.

I've had purchased many tools that later I felt like an idiot paying for them. Not the Zipper.

Seems like the answer may not be quite what you're interested in.
What will make your day, Bob?

Last edited:

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
This was answer to your question:

However it seems like the answer may not be quite what you're interested in.
What will make your day, Bob?
And, so, what is it you're looking to me for? Acknowledgement? Recognition? Validation?

You responded and I read your response. I don't need to agree or disagree.

BTW, what is it you're inferring, that I'm trolling?

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
You took that as an ad-hom....?

I see you're fairly new here...apologies. You'll get used to it.'re

The two carpet cleaning "jewelry" are also being used in different parts of the "body"
A lot of times a rotary is useless on CGD because of "bouncyness" and chatter whereas a wand or Zipper would be ok.

Anyways.... Having cleaned tens of thousands of sqft with a Zipper and even more with rotaries (Rx20,Hoss, RV XL) I still say, they're not comparable even if it's possible to used them on the same carpets.
Rotories work just fine on CGD, just slow it down, that's all.

I'm certain you're quite happy with your Zipper. Be it far from me to accuse you of anything else.

I asked a simple question in relation to my business, that's all.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Back to the subject at hand.
You may want to try it particularly if you do large open spaces and long hallways (in my opinion that's when it is at its best, though there are quite a few here that use it in homes. I didn't like it in small spaces).

Maybe there's a member here in your area that you can borrow it from and decide through personal experience if it works for you or not.

Like many other tools, many times it also boils down to personal preferences.

Reactions: Russ T.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The only major impediment I see to making different handles (or handle extensions) is the internal routing of the solution hose. Erik might have to stock a few different lengths or change the way the hose is routed (or maybe create a hose extension). I imagine the extension(s) would be attached at the bottom of the handle to preserve the grip/valve lever location.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

I'm certain you're quite happy with your Zipper. Be it far from me to accuse you of anything else.

Just two weeks ago on a 3600 sqft CGD....we tried running a RV XL...Impossible. We could not hold it in place it was bouncing so much. Doesn't matter how fast or slow we try. So we ended up wanding it and padding it with Orbot.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

Just want to say, I have all the mentioned above tools... And I carry most of all of them on my van.... (there's even probably a video of that on here and my YouTube)

Not a "one horse pony show" you could say.... BUT...

We probably use the Zipper (and we have 1 on each van) 80% of the time. We do mainly residential, but also a good share of commercial.

As has been mentioned, the Zipper is hands down faster... Gets it drier, and for us, our go too Favorite tool...

We have the larger ones also....

Here is my YouTube channel Zipper playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg45027waKT-BW4GqIEAj4Vvhcv07fZuk

And also my YouTube channel... You will see, we clean with a lot of different tools too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Also, my Facebook pages with lots of pics to show you what we are about and what we are doing and using.

https://www.facebook.com/Saigers

https://www.facebook.com/mark.saiger

Hopefully, this might give you some ideas why we love the Zipper.

Also as mentioned, I think everyone who owns one would be more than happy to let you come try one.

I have an open invitation to anyone to come over and ride along with us and or meet us so we can let you try it all.

Looking forward to maybe answering any other questions you might have as well :)

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Bob this probably won't help but the reason I bought the zipper was to replace my wand. I still have and use my rotary but only on about 10 percent of my jobs. I was a wand user like most for over 20 years. It tends to be hard on the body. The zipper not only cleans better but my body feels much better at the end of the day. I'm on my 5 or 6 th new helper since I got it and I always train them on both. Not one of them grabs the wand.
I tend to think long term when buying equipment instead of focusing on the short term price. My body is stronger and healthier using the zipper and that's priceless.
Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom