zipper

Name
Nate W.
I've been a power wand/head user since the mid 90's....... I'm an avid user of my RV360i in residential and commercial jobs... Since getting the Zipper Jr. back when Cintas had the exclusive rights, I haven't used my RV360i on commercial.... The difference in flushing/rinsing ability the Zipper can do, the powerhead's can't match without the job taking longer as in doing more dry passes... And still running the risk of over wetting, which is the #1 complaint when we get new accounts.... In the end, I choose the Cimex/Zipper combo over the rv360i, rx20, Prochem power glide, OG rotovac's in commercial settings....

If what you're doing works for you, keep doing what your doing....

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I lift my wand perpendicular to baseboards (chop stroke), or tilt it (parallel) to get edges of carpet when they're dirty. This doesn't appear to be convenient with a Zipper. How close, front and sides, does a Zipper clean to baseboards?

Much obliged.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
we have 2, love the zipper

Attachments

• zipper 1.jpg
    zipper 1.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 199
  • zipper 2.jpg
    zipper 2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I lift my wand perpendicular to baseboards (chop stroke), or tilt it (parallel) to get edges of carpet when they're dirty. This doesn't appear to be convenient with a Zipper. How close, front and sides, does a Zipper clean to baseboards?

Much obliged.

Actually does pretty well Johnny....

I don't notice much problem running along baseboards....

Even sometimes, I can lift the corner of the Zipper head and do the same on a occasion when getting into something strange along a baseboard in front of me..

Pulling along the sides of baseboards I feel it does very well.

I prevac and use a crevice tool while doing vacuuming, so not sure if it is because of this, I don't see problems....

Just as you use the Zipper more, you get used to doing tricks with it like any other tool I guess you could say

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We love our zipper and agree with all that is said here. For me it does all that and it is cordless. I hate cords.

Reactions: Russ T.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've had my Zipper for 2 months now, and can't remember the last time I pulled the 360i out of the truck.

I also carry a strong dry crb, and use that instead of the 360i to prescrub when its trashed, and it is much faster (have the trays if needed as well).

When we do the crb/zipper combo, the carpets are left fairly dry if not at least one level of the home is dry b4 we leave (we dry stroke 'em).

For commercial restaurants we also use the crb w/ black brushes, followed by the zipper, and the results are kick ass.

Our zipper is a 13 inch T handle w/ 10 flow.

You'll really see a huge time savings in big rooms or long halls (like the one posted above w/ no furniture), you can do long strokes and be done at least half the time vs a wand. The only wand we have is our stair wand in the truck now.

We had a recent commercial job we did a week ago, one hallway was roughly 3k sqft, low soil, we did prevac w/ crb, prespray, n zipper-it in a hour (it felt a lot less).

Reactions: Mark Saiger

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Forgot to mention, if you strap your hoses to yourself by using a Velcro around the 2 hoses, than tie it to your belt buckle on a string/cord, about 3-4 feet from your Zipper, you won't need to hold the hoses on your back strokes since they will attached to your body, as your body moves so will the hoses, this helps for guys that are tall (I'm 6'5), and noticed a HUGE difference not having to hold the hoses in one hand, nor do you need a helper moving them. By using both hands, your posture is better and your production rate is quicker too.

Just my .02 cents.

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Mark, tell me about the special holding tray. Didn't see it on his site. Thanks

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
Forgot to mention, if you strap your hoses to yourself by using a Velcro around the 2 hoses, than tie it to your belt buckle on a string/cord, about 3-4 feet from your Zipper, you won't need to hold the hoses on your back strokes since they will attached to your body, as your body moves so will the hoses, this helps for guys that are tall (I'm 6'5), and noticed a HUGE difference not having to hold the hoses in one hand, nor do you need a helper moving them. By using both hands, your posture is better and your production rate is quicker too.

Just my .02 cents.
I'd really like to hear more about how running the zipper is for a tall guy (6'7"). Do you think Erik could do something with the handle?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, tell me about the special holding tray. Didn't see it on his site. Thanks

2015-04-18 09.14.13.jpg

I cover my Zipper head with white rags to prevent scratching of the Blue

2015-04-18 09.18.12.jpg

2015-04-18 09.14.03.jpg

2015-04-18 09.13.47.jpg

Erik supplies screws that bolt to the floor and through, but I used these self tapping screws instead....not knowing if this is the place I would really keep the Zipper permanently, but so far for 8 months, this is the place it will be.

2015-04-18 09.15.43.jpg

2015-04-18 09.13.52.jpg

Reactions: Big Jim and Mikey P

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
transport trays work perfect....mine sits in front of the vacuum hose reel and the only time it comes out of that tray is if I pull it out....

P4100285_zpsuwj7vrlk.jpg

Reactions: tmdry

Big Jim

Name
James Milne

As usual outstanding response and pics

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It's JB's stair climber, I don't know anyone else that has it, if you go on his site, under straps it's #7.

We use for the staircase to strap the hoses and also strapped to us.

You guys that have the Zipper will really like it, I love it w/ mine...if you do the Zipper one handed a lot it'll start hurting the back, vs waking w/ it I think...since the hoses are strapped to you the whole time, you're in full control of it.

Try it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom