175 vs crb

theden

I know a 175 is significantly heavier than a crb machine but I would like to know if someone has actually tested one against the other and found one does a better job of pre-scrubbing in the prespray before hot water extraction?

Joe Couch

In my opinion the CRB is far better at getting deep down on the fiber than the 175 and it is faster.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
let me repeat in case you missed it

a heavy rotary with VCT type pad is FAR superior at shearing soil off the fiber than a CRB
On soiled tight looped piles the difference can be dramatic

a CBR is superior at digging loose and impacted crUd "out" of cut pile fibers

Guys gravitate to the CRB cause it's lighter and less hassle than dragging a heavy rotary in.
That's why they convince themselves it's better !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

It looks to me like the crb would be better for scrubbing tile as well. I have never used one so I wouldn't know. I don't have any problems with the 175 though. I keep brushes and different pads on the truck and I think the 175 would be a lot faster. Ideally you should have both, but it I had to choose just one tool to keep on the truck it would be the 175 for post padding, scrubbing, cleaning hardwood, and buffing sealer out. Everyone needs a 175 on the truck.

G

greentech

To me in comes down to which machine is easier to carry in and out of the van and in and out of a customers home.

The CRB is a lot lighter and much easier to operate. It is less effort then a vacuum. You can get right up to the edge of a wall and furniture without having to worry about bumping into things.

I also use it for tile. You can tilt the machine right into a grout line.

You can split hairs about which does a better job. A CRB is more then satisfactory in just about any situation.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If the carpets just needed the traffic areas scrubbed. I use a 12" Oreck. Light like the CRB and it also, will dig into grout lines when tilted.

The best of both worlds.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The machine you will actually use will always do a better job than the one that stays in your van.

I prefer the CRB to get the added benefit of standing up the pile to allow easier extraction of the soils. Matted and crush tufts can make it difficult to reach impacted soils. Brush Pro takes care of that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
greentech said:
You can split hairs about which does a better job.

it's not splitting hairs as far as shearing soil, Bro

there's a reason the Cimex is king of encRap sCampoo and NOT the CRB machines
and it has nothing to do with speed of production ...it's simply cause heavy rotary action with pads shears soil off the fiber better..period

a side by side evaluation on a trashed com will tell you all you need to know in less than 5 minutes

I do however agree with my friend Scott...

"the one that get used is better than the one that stays on the van"

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Erskine Allin said:
there's a reason the Cimex is king of encRap sCampoo and NOT the CRB machines
and it has nothing to do with speed of production ...it's simply cause heavy rotary action with pads shears soil off the fiber better..period

..L.T.A.
I would say that the CRB is used to clean a lot more square footage . . .

than Cimex in the U.S.

I also think the CRB is unmatched in standing up pile on matted carpets.

Larry

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
for residential carpet the crb is better. First it lifts hair and debree to the surface. Second when you consider the amount of brush touching the carpet the weight to brush surface area is greater. And third because of the way they are used they are faster because they are used squarly not fanned making them more efficient. And finally, they are easier to use and will get used making them the best tool for it.

Fred H

roto-vac 360 always finds hair and sand that pre-vacuuming leaves behind. :shock:

rv 360 weighs in at 39 pounds and can be carried in one hand. also has pad driving head so you can post bonnet or just plain encap with shiteatinggrin

why spend time pre scrubbing with a crb when you can pre scrub and extract with one machine? 8)

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I'm surprised at the answers. I have and use both and i really like the crb but a 175 is way more aggressive.

If its a trashed apartment especially a berber with bad dark grease spots or whatever i use the 175. The crb doesn't do much on berber or really bad spots. Ive thought about putting some weights on the crb to improve it but i just push down with my foot on the back wheeley bar on my whitaker in bad areas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would say that the CRB is used to clean a lot more square footage . . .
Larry are you saying as a stand alone process or as one of the steps in the cleaning process?

Are your numbers including sq/ft cleaned by janitorial staff? Generally I wouldn't compare that type of cleaning with that of a "professional carpet cleaner".

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I like the crb.

Fast, lighweight and easy to use.

Imagine how much experience a tech would need in order to run a 175 inside a custy's home without damaging something. Then, up and down stairs with that heavy piece of equipment and its only a matter of time before something bad happens.

The bennifits, if there are any, don't justify the risk imo.

Crb is the way to go. You can train a tech how to safely use one in about 2 seconds.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Imagine how much experience a tech would need in order to run a 175 inside a custy's home without damaging something. Then, up and down stairs with that heavy piece of equipment and its only a matter of time before something bad happens.
It takes a little time to get used to how to control side to side but it's really not bad. Even at that in a home you'd only hit traffic areas away from furnishings.

Not weight.....I totally agree with you, sucks going up and down stairs with them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yep ..it's the weight that sucks
that's why some on this thread CHOOSE to be in denial about which one shears soil off a fiber better

Now..I know there can be many "pros" to CRB that out weigh the cons of a rotary to you.
I can dig that.
but to suggest it's just as good or better for shearing soil off a fiber...is to be in denial of the obvious

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
It comes down to right tool for the right job... match the procedures to the soiling! My CRB is for cutpile all beit residential or commerical. I use a 175 for commerical or at times larger residential areas with either a brush or pads. 175 with pads always wins on commerical level loop carpet like meat said. In the wash pit on rugs though its a 175 with an adjustaglide brush that i prefer over a crb on rugs any day..

And as someone mentioned there are times when using a rotary extraction tool can be just as effective on moderatly soiled carpet than trying agitate and extract.

Match the process to the soil load.

Name
Ron lippold
This one did not look to bad...
Before
photobucket-23898-1328917733392.jpg

photobucket-770-1328917649501.jpg

photobucket-2160-1328917692533.jpg

after

this baby digs up alot of shit..

I love my cbr. and 24 flow....... :shock:

Attachments

• photobucket-23898-1328917733392.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 121

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Brushes looks like it fooked up the fibers. Yes a 175 will ball up and dig out gunk. Carpet still looks bad.

Golden Boy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kicked the shit out of that carpet, of course that one needed it. What about lighter soiled carpet is it to aggressive for that? I'd be a little concerned the client might question where all the fuzz clumps came from.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What kind/brand of machine is that?

Might be worth picking one up.

I've just seen the procaps or the brushpro

Name
Ron lippold
Wow just knocked out 1960 sq ft in a theater, first time we have used the cbr on this carpet. Normally we use about 280 gallon this time we used less tha 200. less time better results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom