1st month owning a cds

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
So far so good
fuel economy seems to be ok
we can not really tell any difference between this and our slideins
run it on high and the heat is 235 or so.
The room in the back is 7ft we put 20 axials in the other sunday
very nice.
did the oil change onThe water pump easy
can not say enough good things about Chris at cleaners depot
my tech called him for some tips on service very helpful.
can actually carry a conversation next to the thing running
so far so good

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty, my situation is different, as I work mostly in the city and a side door is a must. However, I like it that way much better than my Apex that had the wheel in the back.
It lands itself much better to having much larger storage space in the back. I do have an electric wheel accessed from the side door too. If you also needed a water solution hose wheel to be accessed from the side you 'l need a barn not a sliding side door.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've always worked from the rear, but I've had a heads up watching, and few jobs make any difference.

I'm at my condo in Gulf Shores this week, and my carpet is trashed ... thanks to my grand kids.

Down here, in these tight quarters, working from the side would be awkward.

All I see down here is portables.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I like side door access. I live in a rural area, but it is nice to be able to either just back in or pull in depending on which side of the driveway the house is.

Kipp

Name
kip
What were you running prior to the CDS?

Is the suction and heat comparable?

Is working out of the side door a pain?

I've only spent a few days with my CDS but I can tell you it is my favorite set up out of the 14 I've owned. I like it better than my White Magic Pro 1200's even. The 47 blowers spins faster and really can't tell the difference from the 56. The heat performance is better. I get to 235 much faster and it pons it even at high flow. I have the low profile water pond with everything out the side door and it works very well. One big advantage of the water pond being centrally located vs the rear mount water tanks on the WM is the van handles much better.

I have the electric live vac reel with live water and solution reels. I leave 150' on the reel and have another 50' rolled hanging in the back. On jobs that I only need 100' I go ahead and disconnect the vac off the reel and plug into waste tank for extra vac power...either way though it has great power.

Also both my WM always seemed to bog under a load for some reason...this CDS doesn't drop at all even if you plug the hose.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Barn doors are better than dealing with a slider right??

I had sliders on a Ford yrs ago. Much better with barn doors and some bungee cords for inclines.

Glad the CDS is making its way good. Witch door you have David??

RDS

I got a little over 80 hours on my new CDS I have been very happy with it. Vacuum is great and heat good at 235. Love all the space in the back its easy to keep everything organized. Marty I wasn't sure I would like working out the side doors at first because my other truck everything pulled from the back but it is no big deal.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Barn doors will give you a few more inches of extra space still accessible from that side, possibly for a solution wheel.
I prefer the slider door because in the city at times we cannot open a barn door (trees on sidewalk).
Also when windy barn doors can slam.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
F

FB7777

You San Francisco boys and you're obsession with a few more inches around your barn door

hogjowl

Idiot™
why?

So Doyle can tell you to pound sand here too?

only company you stand a chance with is Cleanco.

I'm willing to take the heat. I'm sure you haven't noticed, but Bill's been very responsive to customer complaints since that post of mine. I've personally noticed his direct involvement in two threads where problems or concerns have been aired. I applaud him for stepping up.

I hope it continues.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I'm willing to take the heat. I'm sure you haven't noticed, but Bill's been very responsive to customer complaints since that post of mine. I've personally noticed his direct involvement in two threads where problems or concerns have been aired. I applaud him for stepping up.

I hope it continues.

I recall a number of instances in the past where Bill has been very responsive. His latest posts just continue that trend. Seems no different to me.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have 3 of the 4.8 CDS units with the salsa. 1 2008 unit and 2 2013 units. They all have electric reels, pump outs and hydro ponds. The 2013 units have the dual solution line option.

The side option gives you more storage in the rear and moves your load to the front.
The dump for your wast also comes out the side this is great for when our trucks return. We ran a drain down the center of our shop.
All 4 of our trucks can dump and fill at the same time if need be.
We ran water line down the wall with quick connect for filling.
i have seen my neighbors cleanco and the butlers both nice units the cds just gives you more room.
it has been a great option for us. As long as we can get trucks for them to be installed in i don't see us changing.

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
We have 3 of the 4.8 CDS units with the salsa. 1 2008 unit and 2 2013 units. They all have electric reels, pump outs and hydro ponds. The 2013 units have the dual solution line option.

The side option gives you more storage in the rear and moves your load to the front.
The dump for your wast also comes out the side this is great for when our trucks return. We ran a drain down the center of our shop.
All 4 of our trucks can dump and fill at the same time if need be.
We ran water line down the wall with quick connect for filling.
i have seen my neighbors cleanco and the butlers both nice units the cds just gives you more room.
it has been a great option for us. As long as we can get trucks for them to be installed in i don't see us changing.

Coming from you, that means a lot.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I guess I just didn't get lucky enough to have 20 years of buying broken crap some guy made in his garage or commercially sold units that had bad management and were bought and sold and run into the ground. Just trying to share my experience.

Coming from you, that means a lot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom