1st month owning a cds

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Haven't been over there for a few months.

An AD with no power hahaha

Mikey P

Administrator
Tre wanted a few key words that A6OU was high ranked for on google

and he wanted to absorb the data base.

I'm sure Cooper sold it for cheap.

F

FB7777

James told me he got a free month of weight watchers and a case of Fels Naptha for A6OU

Reactions: hogjowl

Mikey P

Administrator
I wonder what Tre offered Foster for his blog?

his offer to me was ludicrous.

clearly showing he has no idea of the income and power behind TWGCCF.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I guess I just didn't get lucky enough to have 20 years of buying broken crap some guy made in his garage or commercially sold units that had bad management and were bought and sold and run into the ground. Just trying to share my experience.

I really did mean that coming from you, it meant a lot. I'm learning to trust your opinions.

However, your opinion of me, and the rest of the one horse guys here is not correct. The majority of us buy good equipment that is well made and in good working order. And I don't think I have ever met anyone on this board who has bought "broken crap". In fact, there's only a handful of folks here, that I know of, who have bought a TM made in someone's garage.

Almost all of us have stayed away from the Atlanta and Texas bulletin board wonders.

Having said that, let me hasten to say that I completely agree with you that where you buy your TM, and who you depend on to service it is key.

I have only two good choices, that I know of. Jon-Don and TCS. Both are in Atlanta. One sells the CDS, and the other sells the Cleanco.

Is that one fitting on the CDS shaft really that hard to grease.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Whatever I end up buying will go in an extended van. The days of carrying a wand, upholstery tool and a sprayer are long gone. We have to carry do many different tools today that we need a box truck.

No more "cargo vans" for 2015 due to EPA... We will all be in box trucks in 5 years(because we have to save gas)..LMAO!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a long talk while cleaning my neighbors(way lefty) carpet.. This guy cuts his grass with an electric mower and his flower beds look like a typical liberal's..

He said to me after my bitching about these new vans: "Being fuel efficient only matters if the vehicle does the job it needs to do".. Amen to that! Too bad it's too late!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Tracy, the same here for both my CDS and Pro-1200 - a regular non extended van.
Not out of choice, as I'd love to have an extended, but due to city parking necessity. I still carry a lot of extra equipment with me (portable, two wands, a zipper, a 175 fllor machine, a vacuum, lots of upholstery tools, 2 stair tools, electrical sprayer, a zillion chemicals, 325 feet of vacuum & solution hose, 150 feet water hose, a ramp for pedestrians crossing, etc.) and still can fit in a few oriental rugs.
Right use of space and organization is a must.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I really did mean that coming from you, it meant a lot. I'm learning to trust your opinions.

However, your opinion of me, and the rest of the one horse guys here is not correct. The majority of us buy good equipment that is well made and in good working order. And I don't think I have ever met anyone on this board who has bought "broken crap". In fact, there's only a handful of folks here, that I know of, who have bought a TM made in someone's garage.

Almost all of us have stayed away from the Atlanta and Texas bulletin board wonders.

Having said that, let me hasten to say that I completely agree with you that where you buy your TM, and who you depend on to service it is key.

I have only two good choices, that I know of. Jon-Don and TCS. Both are in Atlanta. One sells the CDS, and the other sells the Cleanco.

Tom's response to you was funny as crap. Literally. I knew you were trying to give him one of your rare compliments as he has proven to be a savvy businessman. I think he needs a laxative.

Reactions: TomKing and hogjowl

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It seems Tom made his $ as an excellent salesman before joining this industry.

We have much to learn from a guy like him AND he has much to learn from those of us who have labored in this industry for many years.

I love that about this board. If you keep an open mind, there's a huge education to be gained.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I apologize I am learning to understand your humor. My mistake. Long week and some wine not a good combo for me on the board. Sorry.

I really don't think the old guys on the board fit in that category. Old meaning time in the industry.
I value the experience here on the tech side cause honestly that's my short fall.

I try not to respond on the equipment or chem side of things much because I really don't touch that in our business day to day.
One of our techs called me last week with a Wool question in a home. I told him call one of these two guys cause I will mess you up for sure.

Sorry Marty.

Reactions: Art Kelley

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We run the extended vans.

I have wondered what one of those little 10ft box trucks like u haul uses would be like?
Any body use that or the Spartan 12 ft that Chevy has?

I know Day has the extended Van. What size van do you other CDS owners use?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
What the heck does the money if any I made prior to this industry have to do with the conversation?

My father taught me it is classless and inappropriate to talk about another mans income?

I spent 13 years in NON-profits prior to corporate America by the way.

We have much to learn from a guy like him AND he has much to learn from those of us who have labored in this industry for many years.

I love that about this board. If you keep an open mind, there's a huge education to be gained.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Tom, you are a stand up guy!

Statistically, your assumption that Marty was being a smart ass would correct 99% of the time

Gawd ... that's the pot calling the kettle black.

No problem Tom, but you really should start commenting on all sides of the industry. This place is a fairly inbred bunch.

We could use some fresh genes.

hogjowl

Idiot™
What the heck does the money if any I made prior to this industry have to do with the conversation?

My father taught me it is classless and inappropriate to talk about another mans income?

I'm not sure, but I think he meant that as a compliment too.

Reactions: Russ T.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
No That's not the first time it has come up.

and I should not comment about the tech side. I am not bad with a wrench I just don't have time to become competent like so many on this board.

My son is becoming a wiz with a lot of the chemistry. We often go to lunch with Yeadon and those two get going and I sit their like and idiot and eat my sandwich.

I'm not sure, but I think he meant that as a compliment too.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Just saying I thought you had been a successful salesman, hard to give you a compliment it seems.

Reactions: hogjowl
J

JS41035

He obviously meant that you were successful in sales. How much money you made is your business.However If you had gone broke , I wouldn't pay attention to your advice.
I also think it is tactless to get into personal income in public. It is also tactless to assume the worst of people. The guy was giving you a compliment.
I've noticed how you like to disagree with someone in a direct manner, then give your opinion. It's kinda unique and it makes me think you are confident in your opinion.
But sometime people yield out of politeness , not reverence. And you might not want to assume the worst of people because your self-conscious about something.

Reactions: Russ T. and hogjowl

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No problem Tom, but you really should start commenting on all sides of the industry. This place is a fairly inbred bunch.

We could use some fresh genes.

Tom, just be aware that it is perfectly within your constitutional rights not to give your social security number, when Marty asks for it.

Reactions: TomKing

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

I've read this several times and can't, for the life of me, figure out why you were offended Tom.

I sincerely apologize if I did offend you but that was (clearly, I believe) not my intention.

Were you upset that I said you might have much to learn here as well?

I definitely did NOT talk about how much $ you made, simply that I thought you had a pretty successful career in sales.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
ux_a12051700ux0360_ux_c.jpg

Only if you won't spend the $4 for one of these for your grease gun. (Our mechanic made his own using a scrap of copper tubing.)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The greasing nipples are not very easily reached but that ain't the main issue.

They need to be greased every 100 hours which means that the inside engine cover has to be removed. [Make sure not to lean it on the van's seats unless you'd like to leave a trail of grease wherever you sit thereafter :winky: It gets pretty greasy there.]

For someone who carries a lot of equipment and is very busy, just to be able to remove the inside engine cover required me to move lots of stuff. That alone may be a big inconvenience. It certainly was for me.

For large companies who have dedicated mechanics, that's evidently not a biggie.

Also one thing that is not being mentioned in the Pro-1200 versus CDs debate, is the CDS's substantial loss of space in the front seating area of the van.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom