1st truck mount advice

rick imby

Name
Rick
Are you calling someone cheap without knowing anything about their situation, really!! come on you should know better.
I just laid out $3500 to pay my chevy van off early, just bought a new 2019 car and am in the process of buying the house i'm currently living in.
I'll be paying cash in full for my new TM, I own and owe nothing on any of my equipment, all of it was bought new and paid in full at time of purchase. My TM purchase will be no different

I'll finance a house, i'll finance a new car but when it comes to my business I like to own everything outright from day one. Thats just the way i am

I have made the statement many, many times. There are two reasons to borrow money. "To buy a house and to make money. Any other borrowing is living beyond your means and will decrease your standard of living." I have borrowed many hundreds of thousands to make money but I always paid cash for my cars. I don't understand new cars that lose 50% of their value in the first 3-4 years when good safe transportation can often be bought for the price of the down payment and then the maintenance can be paid from the tax and insurance savings.

However treating your customers and your worklife to trouble free efficient and effective equipment that you make payments on makes more sense to me.

You are within striking distance of two highly regarded small manufacturers in TCS and Judson. But I only know about those machines by comments on the web. Isn't Reliabilt a long ways away?

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I have made the statement many, many times. There are two reasons to borrow money. "To buy a house and to make money. Any other borrowing is living beyond your means and will decrease your standard of living." I have borrowed many hundreds of thousands to make money but I always paid cash for my cars. I don't understand new cars that lose 50% of their value in the first 3-4 years when good safe transportation can often be bought for the price of the down payment and then the maintenance can be paid from the tax and insurance savings.

However treating your customers and your worklife to trouble free efficient and effective equipment that you make payments on makes more sense to me.

You are within striking distance of two highly regarded small manufacturers in TCS and Judson. But I only know about those machines by comments on the web. Isn't Reliabilt a long ways away?
Yes relia-Built is long way away, i'm in north Carolina and he's in Colorado and it is for that reason only that i won't go with his unit, l'm going to stay local, I have a Sun belt USA an hour away that sells

the judson TNT for $13,395.00

and The Boxxer 318 for $12,774.51

and the Rage by Sapphire Scientific for $14,107.91

I can also go with The TCS BRAVE for $10,775.00

or the TCS Warrior for $14,885.00

or the The TITAN 325 for $14,225.00

Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes relia-Built is long way away, i'm in north Carolina and he's in Colorado and it is for that reason only that i won't go with his unit, l'm going to stay local, I have a Sun belt USA an hour away that sells

The rage comes with a Kohler engine and a General pump. Good long term reliability on both those components. A 3006 (36) blower will be fine.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
is there much of a difference between a 33 and 36 blower
Yes. a 33 blower will get you maybe 170 cfm, a 36 can get up to 330 cfm. big difference in hose run length and drying times. I have a 36 blower on one of my units, (sutorbilt 3ll) It out performs my unit with a 4ml blower. I run my units at aprox 3000-3200 rpm. A lot of the performance depends on type of exhaust heat exchangers and blower plumbing. A 36 should give you the performance you need for what you are doing. It will perform ok up to 200 ft. Larger engines and larger blowers will allow longer hose runs and will generate more heat volume. If you are used to a portable, a Rage will be a dream machine. edit. 195 on a 33 blower. These specs are at 3600 rpm. Nobody usually spins them that fast.

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Ok think I may go with the boxxer 318 from sun-belt usa for $12,774.51
waiting to get a quote back from them on the unit itself with installation

They are the closest place to me, only an hour drive away. This played heavily in my decision

FredC

Village Idiot
Ok think I may go with the boxxer 318 from sun-belt usa for $12,774.51
waiting to get a quote back from them on the unit itself with installation

They are the closest place to me, only an hour drive away. This played heavily in my decision
Did you also consider the TNT?

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Did you also consider the TNT?
Most certainly did. Back ordered up to 3 month wait on them.

Going to go with the boxxer 318 from sun-belt usa for $12,774.51 that price did not include a fresh water tank but they said they'd include one at no extra charge, also will give me a wand, plus 100 foot of solution and vacuum line plus a bunch of chems as well. waiting for final quote with install. Installation with fuel tap kit will be around $1200

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I don't know anything about reliabuilt really but are the people who are saying these good things owners? Do you know them? Can you visit someone close that owns one?

I only ask because I can think of at least two manufacturers that I hear good things about and most of the people saying these things have likely never seen one let alone ran one for any time. Usually they just find the owner of the company or someone else that owns one likable. Its kind of odd really......

we have 6 years on one. Also have a Judson TNT with a 150gal waste tank. TBH our next machine will be another Relia built, the way the 45 blower is set up it pulls significantly harder than the TNT.... perhaps the TNTs blower will last a bit longer but ill take the performance as its easily lasted 6 years hard use and is no where near being done.

Best thing about Relia built is every time you call Kacy he answers and is a really honest dude to work with. We paid $8k with no HX but it was one of his earlier units.

I cant imagine spending near 25k for the same performance.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall

We are all the way in WA state, and we also bought a TNT from SC.. no real need to be neighbors both machines can be fixed with any trip to the auto parts store... when your boxxer needs repair youll be likely needing to take it to a Jon-Don which can mean weeks of downtime.

Relia built is also a much better machine than a 318 boxer.

• Haha
Reactions: Glynn

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Most certainly did. Back ordered up to 3 month wait on them.

Going to go with the boxxer 318 from sun-belt usa for $12,774.51 that price did not include a fresh water tank but they said they'd include one at no extra charge, also will give me a wand, plus 100 foot of solution and vacuum line plus a bunch of chems as well. waiting for final quote with install. Installation with fuel tap kit will be around $1200
Sounds like a good choice. Be sure when you have it installed to be specific in where you want everything bolted down. When they installed my TCS they didn't leave me any room for a chem rack and my vacuum hose rubs on the fresh water tank if I put 250' on it. They are great mechanics but evidently have never actually cleaned carpet.

BTW-I went with a 36 blower and it actually has way more suction than the Roots 45 I ran for 14 years. It may be because it is plumbed with bigger tubing. Also it doesn't have a heat exchanger slowing down the air flow. Either way the Boxxer should give you years of service and tons of happy customers.

Name
Matt Ross
There are a ton of boxers out there and I dont remember too many posts out there complaining of problems. And I dont see a crazy amount of them for sale used. Plus the dealer location, sounds like a winner. When you get it working and a good system in place I'd appreciate a thread from you about how much faster, or easier it is than your portables. Not dissing them as they have their place, but guys new to the industry should have accurate info about truckmounts vs portys. You have a good perspective after all your experience with both.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
You’ll love the little Boxxer.

The 36 blower machines are very underrated. Even The Relia-Bilt guy said he doesn’t notice much of a difference between the 36 and 45. You multiply both numbers and that gives you the relative performance difference. 18 vs 20.

You will want another 150 feet of hose. I have 200 feet but have only needed it once.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Give me a call when you get it installed and I can give you some tips. I can get that little bastard churning out some hot water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom