1st truck mount advice

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Well I got my van back yesterday with my brand new TM installed.
They did a great job. got my soft water tank in there as well to use when filling my
fresh water tank.
The installer was very knowledgeable and a great guy as well. We ran the machine and he took his time to go over everything with me. Couldn't have had a better experience.
Now i can't wait to clean with it.
Gotta say I was very happy with my Escape ETM and the suction it had but this machine is most definitely better.

I already know i'm gonna love it.
I do however realize that there will be more maintenance involved as compared to a portable or the ETM I had.

But i bought it new and it's only gonna serve me as well as i take care of the thing which I will, I just dropped 16 grand so you can bet i'll be taking very good care of it

Mikey P

Administrator
Well I got my van back yesterday with my brand new TM installed.
They did a great job. got my soft water tank in there as well to use when filling my
fresh water tank.
The installer was very knowledgeable and a great guy as well. We ran the machine and he took his time to go over everything with me. Couldn't have had a better experience.
Now i can't wait to clean with it.
Gotta say I was very happy with my Escape ETM and the suction it had but this machine is most definitely better.

I already know i'm gonna love it.
I do however realize that there will be more maintenance involved as compared to a portable or the ETM I had.

But i bought it new and it's only gonna serve me as well as i take care of the thing which I will, I just dropped 16 grand so you can bet i'll be taking very good care of it

If you can keep a mighty from burning down your city, surely you can load a few pictures of your new real truckmount here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
Well I did my first job with the new TM this morning. It was such a pleasure. No water hose to hook up as i just used my fresh water tank that was pre filled at home. no power cords to run and no propane heater to light.

Not that those things took that long anyway but not having to do it at set was nice, and it goes with out say that breakdown was that much easier as well.

machine worked great suction wise, great heat, only had to run 100 foot of hose which is most of my jobs anyway with the occasional 120 to 150 foot runs.

I do notice a difference in suction over the Escape LX. The TM is better.
Was it like night and day difference, did I say holly cow this thing blows the escape away on suction. No I did not. But there is a definite noticeable difference no doubt. I'm happy.

Biggest thing for me is ease of use, and the time savings on set up and break down. No more trips to uhaul to buy propane either for the little giant heater.

jobs I turned down in the past I will no longer turn down. Like 3rd floor condos for example, it was just to much of a PITA with water hose, electric cords in addition to vac and solution lines however no getting around them anyway.

Distance to was a factor, i'll go 200 feet if i have to with the new TM and feel good about it.
Not so much with the escape LX although I know some do it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why would you need a high temperature pump?

Do they run hot water through the pump?

I am still using my Cleaning Technologies truckmount that I bought new in 1984. It has over 30,000 hours on it, with a few new parts here and there but it was definitely worth purchasing it. It came with a #45 blower, LG heater, and Cat high pressure pump and all the necessary accessories, including a dual vac portable with 2 wands, hose reels, hose, etc., for 6K.

It is simple but runs dual wands with no problem at 150' each wand.

Tonight I will also be using that truckmount running dual wands, and my 15" Zipper SS from my ETM. ETM has Cat pump and 240,000 BTU LP heater. We are cleaning a mega church in town (12,000 sq. ft.).

It should take under 4 hours.
What’s your yearly cost on fuel?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
try an' keep up, Damon
He didn't ask Kevin

.L.T.A.
OH hell, screw it all. Coffee!

I have a day from hell. Christmas is coming and I got my wife 2 Roomba's. One dedicated to our hard surfaces, and one for the carpet. The carpet one is the i7 with a self cleaning bag. Our giant German Shepherd is a hairy beast and we (she) vacuum everyday. I just hope she doesn't kill me for getting her a vacuum cleaner.

Now i'm off to a floor strippping job and I hate stripping floors! just hate it! and plus I need to wait a month to get paid. Love that commercial work!

Then on top of it, my 870 is running funny. It does this weird thing on humid and very cold days. It goes into safe mode and the check engine light flips on. I figured out it's something with one of the environmental sensors, like a mass air flow sensor or along those lines. The humidity screws up the readings for the computer. Like I said, it only happens when really humid.

Ok, back to the subject at hand; What's your yearly fuel cost?

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
She may not kill you for the roombas, but she’ll probably look around for the rest of what you’re getting her! And think, one man’s trash is another’s treasure. I love floors. Well, I use to🤷🏼‍♂️

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
such mEEness so close the Christmas......

1576708176138.png

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom