2.5" Hose

Name
Steve Lawrence
The deniers of the improved cleaning ability with increased suction are hilarious! Why do you guys think people buy Vortexes or Aerotechs? I think they buy because those machines are so capable due mostly to the extra suction of that huge #6 blower. Anyway, I love having great suction, too, it may not be quite as good as a V or an A but it's pretty nice to have 2.5" hose for the first 50 feet anyway (plus crank up the RPM's a bit)!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The deniers of the improved cleaning ability with increased suction are hilarious! Why do you guys think people buy Vortexes or Aerotechs? I think they buy because those machines are so capable due mostly to the extra suction of that huge #6 blower. Anyway, I love having great suction, too, it may not be quite as good as a V or an A but it's pretty nice to have 2.5" hose for the first 50 feet anyway (plus crank up the RPM's a bit)!
And then you buy a hole glide because you can't push the wand.

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have 100 feet of that 2.5 sitting in my basement.
Haven't used it for years now.
Like Ron said on runs of over 150 feet it does make a difference.
But the hose is hard to manage and when it gets colder too hard to handle.

Someone come and buy it from me.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I run 2” as my lead, everything after that is 2.5. After 225’ I have another setup for running another person. It’s mostly used on commercial but we have some huge 2 stories we use it on.

Joseph225

Have 100 feet of that 2.5 sitting in my basement.
Haven't used it for years now.
Like Ron said on runs of over 150 feet it does make a difference.
But the hose is hard to manage and when it gets colder too hard to handle.

Someone come and buy it from me.
How much do you want for it?

Name
Jeff T
I have it on good authority authority that Jon Don chucked about 33 mi of 2.5" hose once they figured out you're all too much of a lazy bunch of panzy asses to use it..
I used 100’ of it today... and a 25’ of 2” whip hose...
Just cause I could.
I ain’t afraid of no anaconda.
They wanted it dry fast, well, I can do that.

Name
Jeff T
I used 100’ of it today... and a 25’ of 2” whip hose...
Just cause I could.
I ain’t afraid of no anaconda.
They wanted it dry fast, well, I can do that.
I really wanted to see how much difference it made on short runs.
A SHIT TON!!!!
Yeah, the guys who say it doesn’t, HAVE NOT TRIED IT...
Cause I’m telling ya, it does...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I really wanted to see how much difference it made on short runs.
A SHIT TON!!!!
Yeah, the guys who say it doesn’t, HAVE NOT TRIED IT...
Cause I’m telling ya, it does...
How much faster would you guess it dries?

I have no experience with 2.5 but seems like I've read several time it made little difference unless you were running extended lengths.

Name
Jeff T
I know...why did they cut before Pyle has to choke himself
Wasn’t the guy who plays the drill sergeant, a marine DS in real life? And I think he did a tour in Nam?
How much faster would you guess it dries?

I have no experience with 2.5 but seems like I've read several time it made little difference unless you were running extended lengths.
IDK, but when trying to communicate between myself and my helper, we were yelling at each other over the sound of the wand (commercial job, had to be finished by noon, we were the only ones in the building from 7:30-12), when it was off the floor.
Yes, it was dry in 45min-hr, and I was running 475psi, single wet, single dry pass..
I did the 30 second knee test, and no moisture at all on the khakis...
I know, really scientific but hey, didn’t have my moisture meter ...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wasn’t the guy who plays the drill sergeant, a marine DS in real life? And I think he did a tour in Nam?

IDK, but when trying to communicate between myself and my helper, we were yelling at each other over the sound of the wand (commercial job, had to be finished by noon, we were the only ones in the building from 7:30-12), when it was off the floor.
Yes, it was dry in 45min-hr, and I was running 475psi, single wet, single dry pass..
I did the 30 second knee test, and no moisture at all on the khakis...
I know, really scientific but hey, didn’t have my moisture meter ...
The knee sounds lame but still a very good test. So had you only used 2- inch, had much slower do you think it would take to dry?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
In my experience not all 2.5 is the same. The hose I'm using can be pulled off the reel and figure 8 over my shoulder. Certainly not as easy as 2" but doable. Normally I just pull and drag it to the building entrance. I picked up 100' of cheap 2.5 one time. It was too stiff to deal with.

Reactions: Jimmy L

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
For those that are using 2.5" hose to the filter...how do you store it? I can't really see a functional method for rolling it up on the same reel as my 2" hose. I currently put it in the bed of the truck (I have my rig in a trailer), but there's got to be a better way.
Last hose ( or two) on the reel, first hose off is how we found the 2.5" was easiest to manage it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom