2007 Chevrolet c4500 "carpet shampoo" truck

Able 1

Name
Keith
Why the the Zero rez TM is a POS? Or is it the truck?

Bob Foster

The concept of a heavier truck with an Alison transmission with a Chelsea PTO is theoretically valid but

It is a pig to drive into residential driveways because of its length and very different turning radius than a cab over truck.
Its heavy on fuel driving or cleaning
It suffers the Vortex curse for parts and service

Why do you think Zerorez dumped them?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Bob, have you owned one of these trucks?

I'd disagree. Having had 2 of them I think they are a phenomenal value. They are bigger than most of the carpet cleaning rigs out there but you also get a TON of storage, you get to carry all of your water, you get on demand heat, a TON of suction power and a dependable machine. All parts are available at any local dealer... or pressure washer shop. Furthermore, the C4500 is a really dependable setup and will go forever.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dealtimeman said:
Looks to be a repossession. Notice the tools.

I noticed the lack of room in the back....good size truck....not much storage......

fuel cost probably killed them........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
So....is it a Blue Line, or Zero Rez, with a kero burner?? That's one hell of a truck!

Up North here, you'd stick a plow on it and use it off season plowing snow!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
For all you ney-sayers (BOB) you wouldn't want that rig pulling up across the street from a job you were working on....that is one bad ass truck!!!!

F

FB7777

4-5 year old Commercially based Carpet cleaning truck with a whopping 1700 hours and 30K miles

Brilliant business decision

Another subscriber to the " if you own it they will come" school for phucktards

I'm with Foster on this one, no way that monstrosity is functionally practical in the residential market

If this truck was used for commercial, you'd think they'd have more than 7 or 8 hours of work a week

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I see they are in Mesa, just a few minutes from me. Apparently everyone agrees with Bob and Fred, no bids...

Bob Foster

bensurdi said:
Bob, have you owned one of these trucks?

I'd disagree. Having had 2 of them I think they are a phenomenal value. They are bigger than most of the carpet cleaning rigs out there but you also get a TON of storage, you get to carry all of your water, you get on demand heat, a TON of suction power and a dependable machine. All parts are available at any local dealer... or pressure washer shop. Furthermore, the C4500 is a really dependable setup and will go forever.

I think after a year or so you might have a different opinion about how service friendly and parts friendly they are.
How much are you paying per hour for fuel?
Have you even driven a cab over truck?

Ben, in your opinion, why do you think Zerorez is dumping them?

Bob Foster

curt johnson said:
For all you ney-sayers (BOB) you wouldn't want that rig pulling up across the street from a job you were working on....that is one bad ass truck!!!!

Oh yeah???

Bring it on!

DSC02631.jpg

DSLow2.jpg

K P

From a truck perspective,your good Bob.From a component perspective,not so good Bob.It is at least a dual system(even if an overkill one)which it kills you in production which would make up for the gas savings.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I didn't think zerorez used shampoos, how could that be because thats a "shampoo truck"

why is it that most of the direct drive trucks the equipment takes up nearly all the room inside?? for crying out loud there isn't an engine inside the box to run things. both bulter and vortex made it so most of the room was gone. this was a poor layout of the components.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I believe they tried to carry insane amounts of their ionized water or what ever and thus the ridiculous tanks and loss of room.

Ben can you park the aerotech next to one of these to get a better perspective on the size of one of these zeroes trucks.

Bob Foster

My customers carpets are just as clean and as dry with my TNT as they would be with any Vortex. And I can run high flow and as hot as the best of them. Since I don't dual wand I don't need a bigger blower. And by the way, a V/AT will not output high heat high flow while dualing.

When I do put the next truck on the road (and sell my current one) I will seriously consider just transferring over my 24+ year old Judson TNT because there is nothing wrong with it and it performs as well as a new one. However I might put a new C4 propane unit in the next van so I can sell my current van as a complete operating unit. I think its too big for a backup unit. I would rather have a one ton extended van as a backup unit.

I don't need the 14' box that I have either. The Isuzu I bought has a 12' box. Besides, the consumer appeal comes more from an exceptional appearance of a vehicle (wrap) than its size. And today if you put a 170" Sprinter 3500 dual wheel beside my Isuzu and asked which one I wanted I would pick the Sprinter.

I'm still toying with idea of selling the Suzi and buying a good 07 or newer Sprinter. There would be some compromises in cargo capacity but not as much as some would think with a good interior storage design.

Some of the reasons I am considering moving away from a box van:

Box vans are a higher back up collision risk with non owner drivers (even with a backup camera)
Overall drive-ability - especially if it was to be employee driven
Access to more densely treed property
Storage area for the truck when its garaged or parked

Besides all the talk about what vehicle it is and what it looks like, given a reasonably professional and clean vehicle appearance, the success of our businesses comes far more from how we treat our customers and the quality of work we do for them.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Bob, weren't you always warning me away from Sprinters?

That ZR truck would be a beast on fuel, and parking. It probably has 3-4ft on my cube van. Way too big for my area.
I've no worries about a truck like that being across the street. I know what its all about and if my client asks I can explain it. Now, someone that doesn't know might find themselves intimidated.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If you cant tell Bobs a little slow. Banging on a box truck when he owns one. LOL.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

Ron Werner said:
Bob, weren't you always warning me away from Sprinters?

That ZR truck would be a beast on fuel, and parking. It probably has 3-4ft on my cube van. Way too big for my area.
I've no worries about a truck like that being across the street. I know what its all about and if my client asks I can explain it. Now, someone that doesn't know might find themselves intimidated.

No Ron, I said your equipment won't fit it one. Mine will. You would have to loose the big waste tank and water tank to go to a sprinter. And I think Sprinter box vans suck.

Bob Foster

Waldo said:
If you cant tell Bobs a little slow. Banging on a box truck when he owns one. LOL.

Golden Boy

Not afraid to think out side of the "box" Waldo.

The coolest box truck here is owned by Connor and he's a plumber.

If I could have the box truck of my dreams (dimensionally) it would be this one.

rightonsize.jpg

nicesize2.jpg

pt.jpg

Bob Foster

Notice how the sides at tucked in real nice = not too wide so you have great visibility and better access into smaller places.

I could go for one of these instead of a Sprinter.

pt2.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that thing has the aero dynamics of a brick with that much box lifting above the cab......not to mention once you got it loaded up you would have about as much room as the ZR truck.......

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg

2008W4500026-2.jpg

the W4500 will out last and out pull the c4500...gas is cheaper and machine is cheaper to run........99% of the time you can put that truck any where you can put an extended van....turning radios is 10 time better.....

Connor

Name
Connor
Bob Foster said:
Not afraid to think out side of the "box" Waldo.

The coolest box truck here is owned by Connor and he's a plumber.

I love my Hackney. Also, the sides are practically rivet-less so it looks great when it's lettered and no rivets to show through if you put a wrap on it. They offer roll up doors on the sides too. Look at their sewer and drain trucks with the side mounted jetters.

They step the back of the truck down so you don't have such a high jump to get to the back of the truck and slide out ramps are an option.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if I was moving to a Sprinter or narrower box, I'd be spending some extra money anyway, the vertical FW tanks aren't that expensive and reworking the waste tank might be a 1000 or more, trim it down and or I'll just redesign it for space saving. 3 yrs with the box truck and there's only been a couple places I couldn't get into, one place I wouldn't have even tried to get in with a Sprinter or regular van

Back
Top Bottom