360i video

Alexarz

Albert Lazo said:
Those of you who are still using RX20's need to accept the fact that you are using a horribly dated machine. Ever since Hydramaster went to the high speed configuration, it had trouble getting dense carpet clean and was prone to overwetting. When they created the HE RX20, they really blew it. With a cleaning path of about 1.5" with the vac slots half filled in, the machine has become an overweight, underachieving albatross.

The RV360I surpasses the RX20 so immensely that it makes it completely obsolete. I would not pay $500 for a brand new RX20. If you are still using an RX20, you need to haul it to the nearest pond and let it fly. The only possible way to make the machine somewhat usable is to change the head over to the older style 5 jet, full vac configuration and add gliders. However, even by doing so, you have several problems that won't go away; it is too heavy and cumbersome and the motor spins the head too fast to clean well. It's your choice - the pond or modify it and still not have a machine half as good as a RV360i.

I'd love a lighter rx20 but the only time I tried the 360 it seemed like a toy. I think the weight is what gives the rx it's superior cleaning. With that said though I guess the 360i has some new things the 360 did'nt have. I always keep an open mind.

MICKEY, let me know next time you're in SJ, i'd like to take it for a spin if it's alright with you.

Albert
The RX20 does not provide superior cleaning at all. In fact, the Hydramaster RDM blows the RX20 out the water when it comes to cleaning. Unfortunately the RDM has been discontinued and needs constant maintenance anyway. The RV360i feels like it is floating on the carpet so I know what you mean about the weight of the RX20 making it feel planted but in reality, the RV360i does a better cleaning than an RX20. Of course, I am referring to the HE RX20. The 5 jet RX20 cleans better than the present one, assuming you have a big truckmount behind it and gliders.
Even so, it is too cumbersome. The RV360i cleans as well as the best RX20's but has so many other advantages.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The RX20 does not provide superior cleaning at all. In fact, the Hydramaster RDM blows the RX20 out the water when it comes to cleaning. Unfortunately the RDM has been discontinued and needs constant maintenance anyway. The RV360i feels like it is floating on the carpet so I know what you mean about the weight of the RX20 making it feel planted but in reality, the RV360i does a better cleaning than an RX20. Of course, I am referring to the HE RX20. The 5 jet RX20 cleans better than the present one, assuming you have a big truckmount behind it and gliders.
Even so, it is too cumbersome. The RV360i cleans as well as the best RX20's but has so many other advantages.

The RDM is the biggest piece of garbage that HM ever came out with......nothing but a cheap piece of plastic and does not clean worth a crap.........

The second stupid thing that HM did was take away the cleaning ability of the RX buy changing it to the 3 cone jets and putting on the half closed half assed slots on the skids.

5 jets......good glides....and the rx can clean anything.......

100_2304.jpg

100_3486.jpg

PDRM0010.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jim Martin said:

The RDM is the biggest piece of garbage that HM ever came out with......nothing but a cheap piece of plastic and does not clean worth a crap.........

The second stupid thing that HM did was take away the cleaning ability of the RX buy changing it to the 3 cone jets and putting on the half closed half assed slots on the skids.

5 jets......good glides....and the rx can clean anything.......

100_2304.jpg

100_3486.jpg

PDRM0010.jpg

HEY don't be bashing my RDM... I like my RDM... who says its a POS plastic... mine only has two plastic pieces, the outside cowling to protect the walls and the site tube from the rotary head to the extraction port. everything else is forged aluminum. And it does a hell of a job on residential carpet. 300 to 400 psi and carpets dry in no more than two hours.. Oh yeah.. and no modifications needed.
2008_0615CarpetCleaning0067.jpg

Too bad Hydramaster didn't run with it and make it more appealing.

Mikey P

Administrator

300 is plenty from what I'm seeing.

I use a regular wand to edge/staircase out..

Mike Draper

I've ran 300 on mine these last couple of months, I just lowered it to 250 to see if I could get better dry times and I have not seen a difference in cleaning at all. I've tested the ph balance many times after to make sure its neutral as well. all is good, I think 250 is a good spot.

Name
Eric Valentine
I run my original 360 with hole glide heads at about 300 psi, and it kicks a wands butt. I do find I use about twice the water rinsing compared to the Bentley wand. Maybe it is because I am using a 9 flow equivalent (1.5 flood jet = 03 veejet) on the 360, and 06 flow on the bentley.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Would you have used it if she didn't pay the extra $100.00?

Or would you have just cleaned it to the best of your ability with the standard tools?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
Loren, fit a clear tube on that OG RV and your over wetting/wicking will be a thing of the past.
I have not had complaints about drying or wicking. I do not use the full 500 psi through 18 flow jetting. I use the valve to reduce the flow and I either go over all the carpet with just the vac alone after cleaning, or I will give the area a double pass with the Greenhorn wand.

Of course this does mean I take longer to clean. The 360i interests me because I might be able to go full tilt more so than the original rv and get the same drying or better.

Name
Jesse
Sorry Sweendog the RDM IS a POS. That forged (I thought cast) aluminum can fatigue and snap. Cleaning with it is either done slowly, like 200-300ft per hour or it IS just an uneven surface cleaning. The concept is nice but it should have been made with floating ports like an rx. Test it and see how uneven the base of the fibers get cleaned, there is nothing worse imo. Because it doesn't lose heat, it does make short work of surface grease, even when it's the source.

sweendogg said:
HEY don't be bashing my RDM... I like my RDM... who says its a POS plastic... mine only has two plastic pieces, the outside cowling to protect the walls and the site tube from the rotary head to the extraction port. everything else is forged aluminum. And it does a hell of a job on residential carpet. 300 to 400 psi and carpets dry in no more than two hours.. Oh yeah.. and no modifications needed.
2008_0615CarpetCleaning0067.jpg

Too bad Hydramaster didn't run with it and make it more appealing.

Alexarz

I have news for a few of you fools. If set up correctly, the Rotary Drimaster is the best cleaning machine this industry has ever seen on residential carpet. It will outclean an RX20 tenfold but the two biggest problems with it were;

1. Hydramaster didn't know how to market it, stressing the quick dry times rather than the superior handling and cleaning ability. At 500 psi, the RDM flows water down deeper into the carpet than the feeble jets of a wand or RX20 and yet leaves the carpet much drier than either. Hydramaster wanted us to run it at 300 psi with the water gently flowing along the bottom heads without much penetration. Wrong, Hydramaster! It amazes me that they made such a prolific cleaning machine but didn't know how to use it to it's potential. I started using the RDM about 2.5 years ago and NEVER had a complaint or callback. Combined with Airpaths, I have been able to leave the houses with clean and dry carpets. It has been amazing when it comes to cleaning quality but most owners don't know how to use it or maintain it correctly.

2. The RDM is a quirky machine that has constant issues and maintenance requirements that most operators don't realize. The water slots need to be cleaned every day with a feeler gauge because the tolerances are so tight that they clog with the smallest particles of debris. The vacuum slots have to be checked all the time as well. The belt has to be maintained at proper tension and you have to keep extra belts in case of a break.

The reason a RDM blows away an RX20 are many and here are some.
1. The RDM flows a whole lot more water and will fill a truckmounts waste tank in half the time of an RX20. All this extra water flow does a lot more cleaning, especially compared to the current RX20, which is a choked up bomb.
2. Even used at 500 psi like I recommend for ultimate cleaning, the RDM leaves the carpet much drier.
3. The water hits the carpet fibers at a significantly higher temperature since it does not mist into the air first but rather, flows right out of the slots onto the carpet fiber.
4. The RDM handles much better than an RX20.
5. The RDM is less risky and destructive, will not damage furniture, rip seams etc.
6. The RDM is nearly half the weight.
7. The RDM fits under a lot of furniture while the RX20 is a bulky ox.

Now, if you continue to argue with me, let it be known that I have been using RX20's since 1985 and still have three of them. The RX20 is obsolete on residential carpet. The pictures you showed are not a big deal. I could get results like those with any machine. Having said that, you are correct that a 5 jet RX20 with gliders (run at 300 psi and not a bit higher) is a very nice machine on commercial carpet and the RDM is not desirable on commercial carpet at all. That is why I am keeping the 3 RX's that I have.

Now, I am still a relative newbie when it comes to the RV360i, only having it about 3 weeks. So far, I can tell you this; it is much, much better on residential than an RX20 and not a demanding maintenance freak like the RDM. I still have not tried it on commercial so I cannot make a full judgement about it until I do. For now, I would say that overall, it is an excellent machine.

RX20 advocates obsess over its body significance and there is something to be said about it. However, it is also a disadvantage because its girth makes it heavy, cumbersome and poor handling compared to the RDM or RV360i. We are cleaning carpets with these machines, not having demolition derbies with them.

Alexarz

By the way, that commercial carpet with the orange hose looks horrible. I am willing to bet my life that the end result when it dried was dreadful. There still remains a lot of dirty shading in there. I wouldn't boast about that at all. The other pics reveal decent results but nothing out of the ordinary.

Alexarz

The slow speed RX20 was the best model they ever made, 5 jets and full vac heads and a low speed spin for better cleaning.

Alexarz

Mikey P said:
Alex..

Do you have any history of raising chickens in the Philippines?
No but I have banged several hot asian women. Does that count for something?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
By the way, that commercial carpet with the orange hose looks horrible. I am willing to bet my life that the end result when it dried was dreadful. There still remains a lot of dirty shading in there. I wouldn't boast about that at all. The other pics reveal decent results but nothing out of the ordinary.

your life is over........not only did the carpets turn out great but they have been a long time client for years and have given me tons of other work........because of that cleaning.....

Alexarz

joeynbgky said:
Alex, you have nice legs and some big feet too. :oops:
Actually, I am not the one in the pics. He was one of my employees but I had to let him go because he knocked up two of my female customers. Not that they complained but it was more than I needed to deal with.

Alexarz

Jim Martin said:

your life is over........not only did the carpets turn out great but they have been a long time client for years and have given me tons of other work........because of that cleaning.....

Arizona, huh? That explains it all. if you tried that shit in a NYC suburb or Bergen County, NJ, you would have been flung outside, belly up.

Alexarz

joeynbgky said:
did you catch them, in the clients house? lol maybe thats why my techs take longer at some houses. hmm
Hey at least your techs aren't knocking them up. It's one thing to satisfy the needs of the customers and it's another thing to reproduce successfully with them. I can't have lactating, half naked and crazed females chasing down my vans on the streets.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Alexarz said:
Jim Martin said:

Arizona, huh? That explains it all. if you tried that shit in a NYC suburb or Bergen County, NJ, you would have been flung outside, belly up.

25 years of experience your showing the ability's of no clue as to what you are doing...it was probably all the years of hacking out Denny's restaurants and hotel 6's that got you this way.......your POS RDM is only a flushing tool ........nothing else......... and what makes it a POS is not the ability to flush...but.... is the way it is made.....here is a little education for your Rob Allen wantabe ass....it is your chemicals that are doing all the work...the day you can run that RDM over a carpet with no chemicals on it and it comes clean... then you will have my attention...till then your just another wantabe that thinks that he is one phone booth away from putting on the red tights and saving the whole CC industry...but in reality..... you are someone who will allow the type of person that Rob Allen is to put words in your mouth and belittle the very people that support you and this industry.....your a bigger POS then the tool you are flushing with...........

TimP

Jim Martin said:
Alexarz said:
[quote="Jim Martin":2wwve2sr]

25 years of experience your showing the ability's of no clue as to what you are doing...it was probably all the years of hacking out Denny's restaurants and hotel 6's that got you this way.......your POS RDM is only a flushing tool ........nothing else......... and what makes it a POS is not the ability to flush...but.... is the way it is made.....here is a little education for you Rob Allen wantabe ass....it is your chemicals that are doing all the work...the day you can run that RDM over a carpet with no chemicals on it and it comes clean... then you will have my attention...till then your just another wantabe that thinks that he is one phone booth away from putting on the red tights and saving the whole CC industry...but in reality..... you are someone who will allow the type of person that Rob Allen is to put words in your mouth and belittle the very people that support you and this industry.....your a bigger POS then the tool you are flushing with...........[/quote:2wwve2sr]

Wow I'm glad I don't have RDM to praise!!! :shock:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Alexarz said:
I have news for a few of you fools.

And this is the very last article I will read, written by this "alexarz" character, in any threads... :roll: clearly got some issues...if he is even a real person... I will not comment on anything he has to say..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you all do what you will with this loser......but I have had a few people get a hold of me and told me that he is still Rob Allens puppet and that he is reporting back to him.........

Name
Jesse
The RDM does use more water than a regularly jetted rx, too bad it goes straight into the vac slot and not really through the carpet all that well. We don't use an rx in homes, it's just out of it's element. I've run the rdm up to 800 psi, it still isn't going to flush a carpet as thoroughly and even as a good wand if you don't go really f'n slow. Slower than you go I'm sure. now if you clean like an old lady and your arthritic then I'll agree that you can do a good job wit an RDM.

Part your fibers and see, the rdm is a gimmick. The fact is that you guys focus on looks and appeal (dry times & a cool looking gadget). Just like any chemdry that gets a "good" result, the customer has nothing to compare it with. If you leave their carpet clean looking and dry but their backing is still impacted with dirt is that a good cleaning?

Your a carpet cleanerer not a real carpet cleaner but that's ok

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom