4 Cats, and 4 Dogs

ascrubabove

And they all sleep inside. We have had accedents, and potty training issues, the normal stuff you go through with pets. The 4th cat moved back in with my oldest daughter, an un-fixed female, and now every cat in the hood is visiting my house and eating all the cat food! Yesterday we started a fire in the fireplace cause it was a little chilly. The stench of male spray would knock you down. :evil: :evil:
Today I located the stench in the carpet right in front of the fireplace, and am starting a treatment of peroxalent sprayed on and scrubed in and let dry slowly, vacuum, repeat as needed. I think I will dig out the old BB Gun and have a little target practice. :mrgreen: Yes the daughter and cat need to go also. :shock:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Spay and neuter. Give it to your daughter as her Xmas present.

Having 9 dogs and 3 cats who live in my home, I can understand your frustration. While i do not like living "in a cesspool of piss' as jimmy so eloquently puts it, it happens, especially since these are rescue dogs, coming and going, some not potty-trained, some ill, some old and incontinent. I Have found Judson's Quat-A-Lot and DD-12 to be invaluable. You can mix it up in a pump up and spray the brick/tile of the hearth down regularly and I use a small, Hoover Steam-vac to clean up daily messes and it is always full of Quat mixture. Monthly we clean all of the carpet with the big porty. It works.

Take care,
Lisa

S

sam miller

Good luck with all those pets, and the urine treatment! If You dont have OSR You can boil some water add oxtclean multi purpose let it foam all over affected area, make sure the sub floor is cement not wood.

Adding pets mess with territories and usually means someones PISSED OFF! literally goodluck :mrgreen:

ascrubabove

truckmount girl said:
I Have found Judson's Quat-A-Lot and DD-12 to be invaluable.

As have I Lisa, always have one or the other on the truck! We made it through the night by hosing down the room with DD-12.

Thanks Sam, I use OSR on the regular, this is just spray (marking) and I think the peroxalent will take it out of the fibers!

Name
I'm Rick James
I have 2 cats, 1 dog, 3 small kids and I clean my carpets every month.

I have noticed that customers are very embarrassed about the state of their carpet.. so to put them at ease I tell them I am my own best customer and have the same issues as them. It really does make people feel better and that its ok to have dirty carpets.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Having animals who piss and shit in your house is no more healthier than having your family piss and shit on the floor.

I see it all the time with BLANK stares when I say to a customer in different words what exactly it means HEALTH wise to their family if they allow the ANIMALS to PISS and SHIT in their house.

Doesn't matter that you clean the carpet every month or spray some chemical on your carpet.IT IS STILL THERE.

It's STILL.......PISS and SHIT.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy L said:
Having animals who piss and shit in your house is no more healthier than having your family piss and shit on the floor.

I see it all the time with BLANK stares when I say to a customer in different words what exactly it means HEALTH wise to their family if they allow the ANIMALS to PISS and SHIT in their house.

Doesn't matter that you clean the carpet every month or spray some chemical on your carpet.IT IS STILL THERE.

It's STILL.......PISS and SHIT.

So what specific health problems are you concerned with Jimmy? Keep in mind most diseases carried by humans or dogs/cats are species specific, meaning they cannot infect a different species. The few that attack humans and dog/cats both are mostly easily prevented by proper care of the animal, keeping them free of fleas and ticks and internal parasites, etc. and keeping them up to date on their vaccines.

I don't believe anyone is advocating not cleaning up any messes left behind as they happen, so the amounts are not as though you simply left the animals and your family to loll in 100's of pounds of excrement and urine.

However if your family was urinating and defecating in the house, you would be at risk of far more disease.

Perhaps you are just paranoid because the cats sense your evilness and stare at you with knowing eyes.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Honestly Lisa do you really believe there is a difference health wise between the specie's FECES?

So what you're saying is an animal's PISS & SHIT is far more healthier than a human's?

I suppose living in kaliFORNICA allows such liberal acts to occur because of an animal's rights and freedoms.

Allowing an animal to PISS & SHIT in your house is right next to the FILTH from a animal hoarder. Only in this country are we that arrogant to have numerous pets to support.
Other countries don't allow the animals in their homes and some even raise them to eat.

But allowing them to PISS & SHIT in one's house puts us even below a third world country.

I'm sure foreigners laugh at us when they see some of the FILTH we allow in our homes.

And I haven't touched on why people allow their pets to sleep with them in their beds.

Imagine waking up to a pile of SHIT laying next to you from a filthy assed dog.

I suppose most of the degenerates who allow this to happen just wait till it dries so they can merely flick it onto the floor.

Where baby Fred will just find it , chew and squeeze out any nutriments because his mother is too FAT and lazy to properly care for the infant.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy L said:
Honestly Lisa do you really believe there is a difference health wise between the specie's FECES?

So what you're saying is an animal's PISS & SHIT is far more healthier than a human's?

I suppose living in kaliFORNICA allows such liberal acts to occur because of an animal's rights and freedoms.

Allowing an animal to PISS & SHIT in your house is right next to the FILTH from a animal hoarder. Only in this country are we that arrogant to have numerous pets to support.
Other countries don't allow the animals in their homes and some even raise them to eat.

But allowing them to PISS & SHIT in one's house puts us even below a third world country.

I'm sure foreigners laugh at us when they see some of the FILTH we allow in our homes.

And I haven't touched on why people allow their pets to sleep with them in their beds.

Imagine waking up to a pile of SHIT laying next to you from a filthy assed dog.

I suppose most of the degenerates who allow this to happen just wait till it dries so they can merely flick it onto the floor.

Where baby Fred will just find it , chew and squeeze out any nutriments because his mother is too FAT and lazy to properly care for the infant.

Animal shit is healthier to people than people shit, and that is a proven fact. No one is advocating living in piles of feces and pools of urine, it is not healthy for animal nor human as the ammonia levels would be toxic, and just because your mom allowed you to snack on Rover dung....doesn't mean you need to bring your neglectful childhood into your judgments of proper care of pet accidents. The cats are watching you, can you feel their eyes upon you? Someday you may be old and incontinent yourself, maybe your boy will put you down or give you a blanket on the back porch if you're lucky, because we know how much disease human waste can carry.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What a debate!

Since you did the research you must have been concerned.

So it's a fact............DOG and CAT PISS AND SHIT is far healthier than a humans.

I suppose now you're going to say that a dog or cat's mouth is far healthier than a humans when they lick their ASS & GENITALS and then they LICK your face and stick their TONGUE in your mouth?

Oh my now I know why the world laughs at us.

Reach for another dried up DOG TURD lisa and feed it to baby Fred.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy L said:
What a debate!

Since you did the research you must have been concerned.

So it's a fact............DOG and CAT PISS AND SHIT is far healthier than a humans.

I suppose now you're going to say that a dog or cat's mouth is far healthier than a humans when they lick their ASS & GENITALS and then they LICK your face and stick their TONGUE in your mouth?

Oh my now I know why the world laughs at us.

Reach for another dried up DOG TURD lisa and feed it to baby Fred.

Yes, it is, it is far more likely to get a disease or infection from a human bite than a dog's. not that their mouths contain less pathogens, but their mouths contain less pathogens which humans are vulnerable to. Whereas the human mouth contains pathogens, 100% of which humans are susceptible to. And if you were forced to eat either a dog turd or a human turd, the dog turd would be less likely to make you sick than the human. Just something to think about the next time the little lady wants to get kinky. So your dirty shorts fermenting in the laundry bin are far more dangerous than any slight residue that may remain after cleaning up FiFi's indiscretion.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had a lady show me around her house pointing out PISS areas and dog TURDS in her bare feet and pointing and rubbing the areas with her ................toe.

You have no valid stance.....

PISS is PISS and SHIT is SHIT..

DOG, CAT, HUMAN it's all UNSANITARY and UNHEALTHY.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jimmy L said:
I had a lady show me around her house pointing out PISS areas and dog TURDS in her bare feet and pointing and rubbing the areas with her ................toe.

You have no valid stance.....

PISS is PISS and SHIT is SHIT..

DOG, CAT, HUMAN it's all UNSANITARY and UNHEALTHY.

Next time you stick your tongue in your wife's mouth just remember she is far more likely to make you sick than if you gave FiFi the french poodle a french kiss.

No one is advocating just leaving urine and feces around, whether human or animal and squishing it between your toes, but as long as you clean up promptly after accidents, and keep the dog or cat vaccinated and parasite free there is no significant health risk in living with indoor pets. Contrary to your original statement you will not be "living in a cesspool of piss"...

Now go have some Chunky Monkey and think about how rude you have been.

Take care,
Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From kidhealth.org :

Animals and pets can transmit infections to humans, especially kids. So if you're thinking about buying a pet, or already have one, it's important to know how to protect your family from infections.

How Pets Spread Infections
Like people, all animals carry germs. Illnesses common among housepets — such as distemper, canine parvovirus, and heartworms — can't be transmitted to humans.

But pets also carry certain bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi that can cause illness if transmitted to humans. Humans get these animal-borne diseases when they're bitten or scratched or have contact with an animal's waste, saliva, or dander.

These diseases can affect humans in many ways. They're of greatest concern to young children, infants, pregnant women, and people whose immune systems have been compromised by illness or disease. Infants and kids younger than 5 years old are at risk because their immune systems are still developing, and some infections that might make an adult just mildly sick can be more serious for them.

If Jimmy takes a dump on your living room carpet it may cause some temporary nasal discomfort and blurred vision.

But,Toxoplasmosis from cat urine and feces can cause permanent eye and brain damage.

(Always wondered if cat owners had some sort of brain damage. Now it is confirmed)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lisa is in denial.

How can you not be living in a cesspool of filth when the dog or cat craps on the floor?

Is a dogs FILTH more healthful than a humans?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/dog-mouth-vs-human-mouth/

http://pethealthlibrary.purinacare.com/articles/cats-articles/feline-zoonotic-diseases/

You are far more likely to fall ill from a disease your schoolchild brings home than from your dog or cat. There are few diseases that cross the species barrier and the majority of those are easily preventable with good hygiene and proper care of the pets.

Ever catch a cold or flu from your pet? Measles, chicken pox, gonorrhea, AIDS? Nope. You only get those from other people.

It may require more effort to clean up after animals, but that minor inconvenience is far out weighed by the companionship they provide...and pet owners live longer than non-pet owners, if it was so horrible, unsanitary and unhealthy then that would be the opposite.

http://www.natural-wonder-pets.com/pet-lovers-live-longer.html

They bring animals into hospitals as therapy for critically ill patients because it's been shown that contact with pets helps them heal faster and be less depressed.

photobucket-2005-1323553706919.jpg

Take care,
Lisa

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Why is it that when mom or pop gets old and starts crapping the bed people are damn quick to stick them in a home but if their animals are doing it they just accept it?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
rhino1 said:
Why is it that when mom or pop gets old and starts crapping the bed people are damn quick to stick them in a home but if their animals are doing it they just accept it?

Because animals are way better people than most people....they are always forgiving and always there when you need them. People however are not always so wonderful...

Seriously though, it's a shame on society that either gets "put out" or "put down" when they become inconvenient and messy.

Besides, without pets, kids and old folks we wouldn't have most of our business, now would we. So instead of berating Mrs. Piff about her dog and his accidents, maybe you should give Rover a treat each time you come over.

Take care,
Lisa

S

sam miller

I have 3 dogs one has an ocassional accident shes old.

I like my dogs and most other peoples animals are cool, but everyday I go to a job I have some Butt wadd dog yelling at me from next door across the street yapping incesantly!

Its like after 5 minutes it gets old! ROUGH RPUGH ROUGH I saID ROUGH!!!!

Shut up!

I know they're just doing thier job but if a person yelled like that all the time yap yap yap. it would druve me nuts too.

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm with Jimmy...............i just don't understand how people can live in that.........

my animals are inside............................but if they piss and shit in my house they won't be.....I have enough issues with hair

but I don't have little foo foo dogs that are notorious for that shit either

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
FredC said:
I'm with Jimmy...............i just don't understand how people can live in that.........

my animals are inside............................but if they piss and shit in my house they won't be.....I have enough issues with hair

but I don't have little foo foo dogs that are notorious for that shit either

So when one of your animals gets old and starts to lose control, but is otherwise in good health, are you going to kill them or leave them out in the weather in their old age?

Here we get dogs all the time that people get and then don't potty train, we fosters have to try to potty train them and get them ready to move on to forever homes....and there are plenty of accidents, but should we just kill otherwise perfect and healthy dogs because some prior owner(s) never bothered to potty train them properly? Just because Jimmy is judgmental?

I have a little senior girl right now, Zoey, she was turned in to the Castaic, CA shelter sick and frightened by owners who claimed they surrendered her because she was incontinent. I pulled her out of that hell hole shelter and got her medical care and within two weeks she was pottying outdoors again, the only reason she was pottying indoors was she was sick.

I also have two seniors that are incontinent. They wear diapers and if an accident occurs, which it does regularly, I clean it up. I would never get rid of a dog that gave you their love and devotion, their youth, just when they needed me most. Would you condone someone doing that to their mother or father?

It has been said that the true worth of a man is not in his bank account, his possessions or his intellect, the true worth of a man is in how he treats those who can do nothing for him, and those who rely upon his compassion, be they people or animals.

Take care,
Lisa

FredC

Village Idiot
If those are the only two options vs. living in a sewer....then yes.

and it isn't just about what is in the piss and shit when they drop it.....

Thats a cute little quote at the end I guess....

its an argument I don't have the desire to get into.....and I'm sure you would claim yourself as the exception....... but most so called "rescuers" are doing these animals a disservice...at least from the "rescue" shitholes I've seen......no different than the puppy mills that started the cycle imo........but if it adds to your feeling of "worth" by all means carry on

edit: and I'm not against rescuing/rehabbing animals (hell I "stole" my Boxer from some folks that weren't feeding him) .....it just shouldn't be an operation run from a residence imo.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I think its fabulous that you do what you do Lisa. With that being said you come off as judgemental to those who don't share your views or Passion. I find it troubling that people spend so much time and energy rehabbing animals when so many human children are in need of love and shelter in this country.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
rhino1 said:
I think its fabulous that you do what you do Lisa. With that being said you come off as judgemental to those who don't share your views or Passion. I find it troubling that people spend so much time and energy rehabbing animals when so many human children are in need of love and shelter in this country.

I was a foster parent to two human children and a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) to children in the foster care system as well. I have taken food from my own family's table to help people and animals in need. I believe that without empathy and compassion for one another and the creatures which live with and among us we are doomed as a people.

Take care,
Lisa

ascrubabove

Yes Lisa, 2 treatments and the spray smell is gone, no need firing up the truckmount for a small area like that, it will get cleaned the next time I clean all the carpet.

HeeHaw, I know how it is, once every or every other month for me too!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dogs and cats pee and crap in the house for 2 reasons...Either they are sick/old or don't have any other training.

If you didn't train your 2 year old it would crap on the floor as well.

It's ok to have animals in your house as long as you can keep a clean environment.

I like how Jimmy sez other countries laugh at us..What separates our country from 3rd world countries is our ability to take care of sewage....Whether it be dog or human. At least we don't walk into the front yard to take a dump ...THAT starts disease.

I don't like little dogs using the carpet as a toilet but it pays the bills...So I'm ok with it. Sometimes it gets sooo bad that I'm not.

This is a filthy world..Deal with it. OCD gets the best of us sometimes.....and some situations are worse than others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom