405 Exhaust diverter switch

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Heya guys - I have a wee problem with my Performer. I don't have a full understanding of how these things work, but basically that loud clang which I assume is the diverter/clutch type setup is going off constantly. The Bosch fitting on the back of the temp guage sounds like its shorting (almost like a high pitched intermittent buzzing). This started a month or so ago, so I took the bosch thing off, sanded the contacts and gave it all a squirt of contact cleaner, and it has been fine, but today while cleaning a cinema it started again.

I don't have a gap to get it looked at until late next week - anyone know if those fittings are widely available or only available from Prochem?

Cheers

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Im not going to be much help sorry Heath. Only place we have ever bought them from is from Prochem. Never tgried to outsource the part as there wouldnt be enough of a profit based on how many we sell to be worth trying to track them down and even if we did we wouldn't be buying enough of them to get a better price. Let me know if we can help

S

sam miller

Hay John is there away to get rid if the auto diverter? maybe go back to manual?

Just wondering I've heard the auto ones were pitas.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Thanks guys - Lance I'll follow up that link. Damn thing's going nuts when it's in idle, funny though the temp and everything seems to be working just fine. In four years this has been the second small issue I've had, so I've done pretty well.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I agree Richard - problem is, I'm constantly touching wood :lol:

Just thought I'd add a last note in case it's useful to anyone searching later - the Bosch fitting (relay??) was easy to find, replaced and seems to have fixed the prob. Nine bucks - best outcome!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom