5 inch clear tabs

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Any suppliers here stock these?
Would like 5 inch clear along with some stickys.
Searched all over, cannot find the 5" clear.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously ... you find a need for 5 inch tabs often enough to buy some?

I have never had any ... but was sitting here trying to imagine when I might need them ... and can't.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Marty said:

I have never had any ... but was sitting here trying to imagine when I might need them ... and can't.

If you ever bent over and moved a piece of furniture you might find a use for them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Who moves furniture anymore?.....Train your clients.

Open areas only....Maaaaaaybe a sofa moved if needed.

I don't even let them move stuff around for me.

Moved out before I get there or it isn't moving.....for the most part....I mean, I'm not an asshole or anything about it. !dork!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
KevinD said:
Marty said:

If you ever bent over and moved a piece of furniture you might find a use for them.

I'm short enough to see why I'd need them, Marty is too afraid his hair piece will fall off, and get sucked up into the vac hose. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Splains why he doesn't like rag spinnin......It's a psychological thing for him. He probably invisions his tupe spinning under that thing.

I'm sorry for razzing you ever Mr. Marty......Wanna talk about it? Ivebeensold

hogjowl

Idiot™
No hair piece here ... buz cut. Anyway, back to the point, I understand the use of degrading humor to deflect the conversation away from an area you may be unable to argue, and it was funny to boot, but my point is that usually when the leg or contact point of a piece of furniture is large enough to need a 5 inch tab, it is usually heavy enough that using a block is faster and easier on your back ... even when using a lift buddy. (If you don't have a lift buddy, get one.) I think this may be the reason you are having a hard time finding a source for 5 inch tabs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate it when Porkchop quits playing dumb and has to flexes his brain to prove it....................fortunately it doesn't happen that often! :p

:mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Have a 1/4 sheet of builder sytrofoam on the truck and I just cut larger blocks if needed,

I agree if a leg is that big it needs a block or/and ventilation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shock:

Sorry, just remember on the day that they flood the border and take over completely you and Jimmy are on the protected list.
:roll:

:mrgreen:

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave Yoakum said:
Have a 1/4 sheet of builder sytrofoam on the truck and I just cut larger blocks if needed,

You carry bulk foam and cut as you go?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Becker said:
Dave Yoakum said:

You carry bulk foam and cut as you go?

Bath bubbles too.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I found the 5 X 5's.

Maybe it is our area but we get a lot of bedroom furniture that has approx 4 inch L shaped legs
that you need to be precise with a 4 inch tab. And some of the L shaped legs do not do well on blocks.

I prefer to use a 5 inch clear tab for a little extra protection and so no one has to bust a gut lifting it AGAIN to remove a unsightly block.
With a clear tab no one is going to see it.

I could call all you guys (Brian) HACKS that don't move furniture but won't. To each his own.
We give the customer whatever they want. If they want every stick of furniture moved we oblige and are compensated for it.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
L shape may need 2 blocks on each leg. You can carry a roll of Satan wrap or wax paper also. I don't get carrying Styrofoam and sawing blocks to size, just use more blocks.

hogjowl

Idiot™
rhino1 said:
L shape may need 2 blocks on each leg. You can carry a roll of Satan wrap or wax paper also. I don't get carrying Styrofoam and sawing blocks to size, just use more blocks.

MIkey makes a wrap for cleaners?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ooops....I meant Saran wrap. Freudian slip, my wife was trying to talk to me at the same time I was typing.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Marty said:
No hair piece here ... buz cut. Anyway, back to the point, I understand the use of degrading humor to deflect the conversation away from an area you may be unable to argue, and it was funny to boot, but my point is that usually when the leg or contact point of a piece of furniture is large enough to need a 5 inch tab, it is usually heavy enough that using a block is faster and easier on your back ... even when using a lift buddy. (If you don't have a lift buddy, get one.) I think this may be the reason you are having a hard time finding a source for 5 inch tabs.

Its hard to take you seriously and I hate admitting when you're right, but I do agree.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hoody said:
Marty said:

Its hard to take you seriously and I hate admitting when you're right, but I do agree.

Don't hate me cuz I am smart, Hoodie. I can't hepit.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Brian, why are you attacking us for moving furniture? Anybody can clean open areas or have customers move furniture first but why would you want to limit yourself? Heck even stanley steemer moves furniture. I would lose about 25% of my customers if I quit moving furniture.

On a second note why not? Lift buddy and sliders and I can move an entire livingroom in 5 minutes. I don't move entertainment centers or excessivly heavy items like china hutches, but everything else.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Willy P said:
Stickys stick together really well.....make them in the size you need :roll:

You're absolutely right Willy- I've done this before and was able to get any size I wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom