53 blower

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Maximum CFM is only 350, but it supposedly builds lift better than anything.

Steam Action builds a machine with that blower and a 29 hp Kubota.

Anybody have experience with that blower?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
when you look at competitors like the Apex 570, the Titan 575, the new Cleanco slide in, they all use the same engine and either a roots 47 or sutorbilt 408 blower. The specs on the 53 blower say max hg is 15. Thats for continuous use. I would rather have more airflow than more inches hg.
So there’s no benefit to steam action running their blowers at 18 inches of lift?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So there’s no benefit to steam action running their blowers at 18 inches of lift?
Any of the other manufacturers can turn up the inches hg. One of my old units had a seized vac relief valve. It would go up to 20 inches if I held the wand down. It will cause the wand to lock down harder but I can't say that it will dry any faster. Higher suction is harder on all of the components. Engine, blower, bearings, belts, etc. I can run my Cleanco 47 at 400 feet and still have decent vacuum. On residential carpet at less than 150 feet, it's all the suction I would ever need. Hard to push a 2 inch wand on some carpets. I have my vac relief set at 14 inches hg. I can't see any reason to turn it up. Go to pdblowers.com and look up the specifications and what the blowers look like. You will see the difference.

Reactions: Meter Maid
Name
Lee Stockwell
Doesn’t Steamaction build Mikeys cousin Robs units?
No two EVER alike, bombastic over the top claims, over-built in all the wrong places.

Not sure of his financial stability now, but I remember when one guy had serious issues, threatening a lawsuit, was met with "I'll just go bankrupt". That was the old man, maybe his son has set the ship aright.?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No two EVER alike, bombastic over the top claims, over-built in all the wrong places.

Not sure of his financial stability now, but I remember when one guy had serious issues, threatening a lawsuit, was met with "I'll just go bankrupt". That was the old man, maybe his son has set the ship aright.?
Wasn't it the Stealth they claimed could clean from a mile away?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
4 Plus Wand Unit
• 120 HP GM water cooled engine, 2-year warranty*
• 5518 water cooled Tuthill blower, 18-20″ max HG, 1950 max CFM, 2-year warranty*
• 10.8 GPM, 2000 PSI GP Emperor series, 5-year warranty*
• 3 heavy duty exhaust heat exchangers, 10-year warranty**
• One heavy duty coolant heat exchanger, 10-year warranty**
• Final stage chemical injector

Comes Standard with 200-gal. Recovery Tank
Comes Standard with 200-gal. Fresh Water Tank
Vacuum Hose Length/Quantity
Vacuum Hose Reel
High Pressure Hose Length
High Pressure Hose Reel
Garden Hose Length
Garden Hose Reel
Wand
Pump Out
Installation Hardware & Fuel Tap Kit
If ordering Fuel Tap Kit specify Vehicle Year, Make & Model:
Total$90,490.00
Product Price $89,995.00 x 1$89,995.00
Option Total$495.00

Reactions: Cleanworks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
should f
1613957960564.png
it in a mini van

1613957906414.png

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

The son seems like he has control over everything. He took a video of the shop not long ago, and it look like it was running pretty well.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The son seems like he has control over everything. He took a video of the shop not long ago, and it look like it was running pretty well.
I've talked to a couple of guys who have bought their machines. One has the Stealth fighter and the other has the Nike 1000. Both love their machines so far. The Nike 1000 is an air cooled 38 hp Kohler with a 47 blower. Open and looks simple to maintain. All stainless steel including the tanks. They've been building machines since 1975, maybe they've got it figured out now.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've talked to a couple of guys who have bought their machines. One has the Stealth fighter and the other has the Nike 1000. Both love their machines so far. The Nike 1000 is an air cooled 38 hp Kohler with a 47 blower. Open and looks simple to maintain. All stainless steel including the tanks. They've been building machines since 1975, maybe they've got it figured out now.
Hopefully the managment change has changed their product and its reliability. It's going to be a chore fighting the past decades of mediocrity they produced.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Hopefully the managment change has changed their product and its reliability. It's going to be a chore fighting the past decades of mediocrity they produced.
What reliability issues have you heard of? When you look at the machine, it looks about as simple as a Judson but has heat exchangers. The pump is accessible from just about every side, everything is just sort of right there in front of you and nothing high-tech. I like how the fresh water tank is the water box.

Should the machine have to bypass water, it sends the water back to the fresh tank.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This has been several years ago but there was a carpet cleaner around here with a Stealth and they couldn't keep it running. It would run for 20-minutes and over heat. No manual, no phone support.

The local distributor called the manufacturer and he couldn't help, he suggested they buy a new machine. He was told it only had several hundred hours and asked to speak to a mechanic, there wasn't one on staff.

Asked if he could speak with someone who could help with trouble shooting and was told they hired in to build units but no real service staff to speak of. Nothing the distributor could do but stumble through blindly.

I was just in to pickup a truck being serviced and heard him on the phone. Then got and ear full of complaining after he hung up.

Again this was the old management and it sounded very unorganized.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom