53 blower

Mikey P

Administrator
If you honestly can't "detect"that he tacked on an extra 500 bucks for your free $300 vacation, then you're a worse metermaide than we ever suspected...

Reactions: LCCFL
Name
Swani
This has been several years ago but there was a carpet cleaner around here with a Stealth and they couldn't keep it running. It would run for 20-minutes and over heat. No manual, no phone support.

The local distributor called the manufacturer and he couldn't help, he suggested they buy a new machine. He was told it only had several hundred hours and asked to speak to a mechanic, there wasn't one on staff.

Asked if he could speak with someone who could help with trouble shooting and was told they hired in to build units but no real service staff to speak of. Nothing the distributor could do but stumble through blindly.

I was just in to pickup a truck being serviced and heard him on the phone. Then got and ear full of complaining after he hung up.

Again this was the old management and it sounded very unorganized.
I heard a very similar story about a guy around here that purchased two of the same units but they were not built the same and had different parts. When they started to have trouble with the machines they were told to buy new.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I like the idea of a really simply truckmount, long as it’s reliable and has a HX.

Cobbs look Judson-like simple and seem like a good value.

Any experience here?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Does that mean you have experience with one?
Second hand. Know the cleaner that bought one and had trouble, same distributor hand it in trying to fix it. He said it looked like they built them one at a time with no jig or pattern. I believe he pulled everything off, fixed the frame remounted everything and fabbed a way to adjust the pulleys.

Again, the distributor went off on a tirade on how poorly it was put together. I don't know if it's all true, I'm no mechanic.

That unit could still be running like a top but I never brought it up to the cleaner again. He wasn't thrilled with his purchase at the time. Listened to somebody that had a fleet of them. Maybe he got a lemon? 🤷‍♂️

Mikey P

Administrator
Brent Norman has a Cobbs unit.

he's all over the FB group and here every once in a while.

I had a Judson for a few minutes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom