53 blower

Mikey P

Administrator
You can't always plan ahead..

This stuff is way easier to work with than the polyblend crap..
PXL_20210309_040354543.jpg

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
This has been several years ago but there was a carpet cleaner around here with a Stealth and they couldn't keep it running. It would run for 20-minutes and over heat. No manual, no phone support.

The local distributor called the manufacturer and he couldn't help, he suggested they buy a new machine. He was told it only had several hundred hours and asked to speak to a mechanic, there wasn't one on staff.

Asked if he could speak with someone who could help with trouble shooting and was told they hired in to build units but no real service staff to speak of. Nothing the distributor could do but stumble through blindly.

I was just in to pickup a truck being serviced and heard him on the phone. Then got and ear full of complaining after he hung up.

Again this was the old management and it sounded very unorganized.
It has changed since then. They are pretty active on their FB page and pretty easy to contact. At least my local guy would help me get in touch with them pretty quick. I plan to buy a stealth. My legend is good but I’m looking to upgrade.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It has changed since then. They are pretty active on their FB page and pretty easy to contact. At least my local guy would help me get in touch with them pretty quick. I plan to buy a stealth. My legend is good but I’m looking to upgrade.
That's great. That they have upgraded their support, not that you're buying one.

I'd make sure it's worth your choice. Demo the competition too before jumping to the Stealth.

Reactions: DAT and Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Raptor or fighter?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Raptor. Fighter is way to high for me.
I'm a little concerned by their choice of the 53 blower. In my opinion, a 47 would be better. I don't know if cranking up the inches mercury to compensate is the answer. There are many similar machines using the same motor and a 47 blower. The old prochem Apex, the new 570 apex, titan 575, the new Cleanco slide, etc. These machines all run 400-500 CFM at 13-15 inches hg. The Raptor is aprox 324 CFM at 18-20 hg. I've never tried one so I can't really speak to it's performance. Looks like a well built machine.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I'm a little concerned by their choice of the 53 blower. In my opinion, a 47 would be better. I don't know if cranking up the inches mercury to compensate is the answer. There are many similar machines using the same motor and a 47 blower. The old prochem Apex, the new 570 apex, titan 575, the new Cleanco slide, etc. These machines all run 400-500 CFM at 13-15 inches hg. The Raptor is aprox 324 CFM at 18-20 hg. I've never tried one so I can't really speak to it's performance. Looks like a well built machine.
I agree

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I’d like to see these units in use. Most guys buy a machine and never make any videos. Or at least I do not see any for all units across the board. Prochem, Hydramaster, etc. Anyone can share their dimensions and what’s on each build. But an actual comparison would be the great way of showing what they do in the field.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
You can use higher flow wand if its set at 18hg for better extraction? More flushing power ?

FredC

Village Idiot
So what happens when you, even though unlikely, make a warranty claim with tuthill (Steam Action doesn't warranty engine/blower/pump/injection) and they tell you to pound sand because you've been running it over their stated max vac?

Will it even pull that high of a vac? Anything in the 750cc range from kubota looks to be around 15hp max. It's a direct coupled unit which means a 2850 rpm max (blower specs) which pushes that closer 13hp.

The vac curve provided by tuthill doesn't go beyond 16" ("max" vac) but even that requires almost full RPM and 12+HP. Extrapolate to 18" to 20" and the power isn't there. I don't think water cooling changes any of that just reduces temps. I know it isn't constantly pegged at 18-20 but....

In the real world, whether due to the constraints above or just the usability factor, you just end up with the usual vac levels and 50-100 or so less cfm......seems like getting a 36 blower unit would be just as good and much cheaper

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So what happens when you make a warranty claim with tuthill (Steam Action doesn't warranty engine/blower/pump/injection) and they tell you to pound sand because you've been running it over their stated max vac?

Will it even pull that high of a vac? Anything in the 750cc range from kubota looks to be around 15hp max. It's a direct coupled unit which means a 2850 rpm max (blower specs) which pushes that closer 13hp.

The vac curve provided by tuthill doesn't go beyond 16" ("max" vac) but even that requires almost full RPM and 12+HP. Extrapolate to 18" to 20" and the power isn't there. I don't think water cooling changes any of that just reduces temps. I know it isn't constantly pegged at 18-20 but....

I'm calling shens
Best Buy

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So what happens when you, even though unlikely, make a warranty claim with tuthill (Steam Action doesn't warranty engine/blower/pump/injection) and they tell you to pound sand because you've been running it over their stated max vac?

In the real world, whether due to the constraints above or just the usability factor, you just end up with the usual vac levels and 50-100 or so less cfm......seems like getting a 36 blower unit would be just as good and much cheaper
I agree with those stated facts on the maximum CFM it provides, and it's also noted that a COMBINATION of the highest HG and CFM is the numbers that we should be looking at, not just the HG that SteamAction loves to brag about.

But on the other side, I don't see any negative reviews where the machine has failed due to wearing out from max hg setting, which is where it leaves one to be curious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fizzics is beyond my capacity..
so can anyone calculate the amount of CFM that's physically possible to pull thru 3 sq inch @18hg?

3sq in is the opening of an unglided 12" wand with 1/4" wide slot opening .
I don't have a glide to measure, but would guesstimate it at less than 2 sq in
12" x .125" = 1.5"

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Actually that machine uses the 29 hp Kubota. According to SA, the 29 Kubota can’t turn a 47 at their higher lift.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Actually that machine uses the 29 hp Kubota. According to SA, the 29 Kubota can’t turn a 47 at their higher lift.
I know but if they turn the lift down to 13 or 14 it should be fine. I believe it's the same motor that all the others are using for their 47 blowers. If not, it should be. I don't see the reason to crank the lift up that high. When you have a lot of hose laid out, you have leakage at the wand and all the connections. Probably never going to go much over 14 anyway but your CFM is the same as a 36 blower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom