570 divertor?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpg
image.jpg

Name
Todd
Make sure the diverter is opening and closing when it calls for heat or gets satisfied. . It is easy to see when the machine is running it only moves about 1 inch.

Are you sure the pressurized reservoir (water box) is getting full from the incoming water? You can adjust the incoming water pressure valve and bleed out the water through the radiator cap overflow. At least you will be able to collect the soft water and reuse it for mixing prespray and 5 gallon mix jug. I had to adjust mine on my 370. That is the only issue I have had in 270+ hours.

I though the machine was getting to hot and dumping water but it was loosing pressure because it was starving for water. Once I adjusted the incoming water pressure it works perfect. It got really hot because the water box wasn't getting completely full

SS Pressure Regulator - 1.jpg

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That Bimba valve is all the way out which is off. The exhaust is bypassing in that mode. I don't know what happens on the other end I haven't seen. I know how my last one worked and if the flex coupler was turning so was the diverter. Spend a few minutes and watch that shaft as it warms up. Is it moving in and out ❓

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
That Bimba valve is all the way out which is off. The exhaust is bypassing in that mode. I don't know what happens on the other end I haven't seen. I know how my last one worked and if the flex coupler was turning so was the diverter. Spend a few minutes and watch that shaft as it warms up. Is it moving in and out ❓
Gene, according to the diagram out of the manual (that I posted earlier), that position is bypass closed (full heat, not bypassing) which would match the symptoms Sam is experiencing.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Sam, with the unit not running can you move the shaft in towards the hx with your fingers? I tend to agree with Tom it looks kinda gummed up and may be physically stuck.....

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I actually greased it and sprayed some wd40 on shaft thats why it looks funky. no it wont budge but I have been doubling up on wd40 at the vacuum inlet hoping it will loosen it.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I see. That shaft goes through and moves a big disk (the actual diverter plate) and it could be the plate that is stuck. Hopefully Sapphire has a suggestion but you could end up disassembling that end of the hx to clean everything up.....

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The lines that you were thinking of replacing go into a valve that works the diverting piston.
We have had that valve go bad.
I'll talk to the shop and report back first thing in the morning.

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene, according to the diagram out of the manual (that I posted earlier), that position is bypass closed (full heat, not bypassing) which would match the symptoms Sam is experiencing.

I'll watch mine this morning when I start. I swear I thought mine is there when off and goes all the way out when on. It would make more sense his is stuck on.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I now believe its been this problem all along and the temp switch is fine I had the temp switch off on our first job and we filled up after 3 rooms and steps tfa only. I'm leaving it on high to see if that helps with the bypassing.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The lines that you were thinking of replacing go into a valve that works the diverting piston.
We have had that valve go bad.
I'll talk to the shop and report back first thing in the morning.
I was mistaken. We had a new machine where the diverter plate was hanging up preventing the shaft from moving. We replaced the plate.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My distributor said bring it in there's a few things that would cause it to stick they'll trouble shoot it.

The fact that when I called him he was still stuck on is your orifice clean??? yes its clean are you sure??? yes it pisses out a steam of juice pretty sure. The four times I took it in they never checked the diverter!

Last edited:

kevinm

On all Sapphire units the divertor valve operation is as follows, IN - clevis stroked toward the back of the machine is off no heat, OUT - clevis stroked toward the front of the machine is heat mode, controlled by the temperature control.

Reactions: dgardner

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Somehow I have it backwards in my head . You re right , At startup mine is towards the back of the machine. It pulls out to engage the heat. I would have already pulled the pin and checked that shaft if it's was mine. I'm quick to jump in. I'd check with sapphire before I twisted it with a pair of channel locks but I see if it will push in and out without the bimbo valve attached.

Gene

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You can pull the pin from the fork on the shaft. Use a pry bar to see if you can move the shaft.
Actually I did what Gene said and wiggled the shaft and it move pretty freely just wont go back and forth believe its locked up on the bimbo valve side took the little hoses off and wate dripped out

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The bimba valve moves the shaft. If you pull the pin from the fork that holds the shaft you will bypass the bimba valve.
Use something that you can push/pull on the shaft. It should move in and out without a lot of effort.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bimba valve full of water??? Cleaned it out putting it back on now. No wonder empire didn't want to mess with it!

You can never let your machine get full because the shut off doesn't shut off until water pours out the front of machine.

You have to have s pump out and make sure it works. If the bimba valve gets water in it it will get stuck

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Even if water does pour out of the blower it shouldn't get in that bimba valve. The valve uses air to move in and out so if it got water in the line that can't be good. If it was mine I'd take it apart and clean it out and verify air will make the cylinder move before installing it back in. Mine looks like stainless but I didn't verify it. Hopefully the water didn't hurt it.

Gene

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We put the bimba back in after cleaning put it in off position fired it up and pulled to on position heated up but won't go to off position stays on.

We reversed air lines and it stays off.

Sapphire is sending a new Mac valve hopefully that will belp

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If water got to the Bimba valve it probably came through the Mac valve - good guess as to the Mac being suspect.

Dan, I'm not familiar with the Mac valve (other than apple ). Are you talking about the part with the air stone on it ❓It's on the schematics and I'm guessing it changes the air direction to open and close the bimba. The air stone would be my guess for water penetration unless somehow condensation is building up. It is close enough to the swagelok valve if a leak occurred just right it could get in.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom