570 divertor?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is actually nothing more then a small pneumatic valve that is located to to the right of the throttle...tucked inside the frame..(Sorry it is hard to get the camera in there)...

P7131029_zpszaafbuw3.jpg

when power is sent to it...the solenoid opens and allows the suction to move the Bimba valve....when it closes..the air releases through the vent stone and the Bimba valve goes back...( same theory as the divertor valve on the vortex but a smaller scale )....

or it could be a 2 way pneumatic valve.......

you have to keep the shaft on the Bimba valve cleaned and lubercated...the best thing you can use on it that will last the longest is high temp anti seize...

ture-anti-seize-and-gasket-compounds-kopr-kote-1-4lb-btc-leadfree-anti-seize_3390544_zps5g3kxskz.jpg

as far as the water getting into the Bimba from the Pneumatic valve....

the air/suction line is attached to the vacuum relief...if your tank gets to full and for what ever reason the blower starts sucking in a little bit of water or foam there is a good chance that the pneumatic valve is getting water from there......

P7131032_zpsvnikf8rx.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Pretty sure the auto shut off is iffy when it's this full and still running

I am more then willing to bet that because the level is so high that water...and/or foam is being pulled into the blower and somehow into the hose going to the pneumatic valve..probably not a whole lot at a time but enough to get in there over time and start causing a headache....

I have not had a single issue with mine... I am thinking that the difference is that I always pull my APO hose on every job and I never let my tank get full...so the water level is to low for the blower to pick anything......????

Reactions: Total_Rookie

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Is the water always that high or did the float fail❓The float switch that came with my machine had an intermintant problem. I fixed it and then tested it but it didn't stay fixed. You might have a similar problem. If I had used it I would have flooded my blower over and over. No thanks. And send me a new one please.

Gene

Reactions: Total_Rookie

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It is actually nothing more then a small pneumatic valve that is located to to the right of the throttle...tucked inside the frame..(Sorry it is hard to get the camera in there)...

View attachment 4881

when power is sent to it...the solenoid opens and allows the suction to move the Bimba valve....when it closes..the air releases through the vent stone and the Bimba valve goes back...( same theory as the divertor valve on the vortex but a smaller scale )....

or it could be a 2 way pneumatic valve.......

you have to keep the shaft on the Bimba valve cleaned and lubercated...the best thing you can use on it that will last the longest is high temp anti seize...

View attachment 4882

as far as the water getting into the Bimba from the Pneumatic valve....

the air/suction line is attached to the vacuum relief...if your tank gets to full and for what ever reason the blower starts sucking in a little bit of water or foam there is a good chance that the pneumatic valve is getting water from there......

View attachment 4883
Ok Jim, I see how it works now. I need to spend some time looking over the system. Looks pretty straight forward. Easy place to get a little air. The vacuum should keep out the water, but maybe In the right circumstances some water could get forced in if. Sam is you look at you lines leading to the Mac do they look dirty inside. That would be a clear indication of where the problem is.

Sam did you ever get that thing cleaned out.

Gene.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ok Jim, I see how it works now. I need to spend some time looking over the system. Looks pretty straight forward. Easy place to get a little air. The vacuum should keep out the water, but maybe In the right circumstances some water could get forced in if. Sam is you look at you lines leading to the Mac do they look dirty inside. That would be a clear indication of where the problem is.

Sam did you ever get that thing cleaned out.

Gene.

another thing to take into consideration is the pneumatic valve is lower then the vacuum relief that it is taped into and water does not run up hill......notice the hoses how they are headed down hill back to the valve......

P7131032_zpsvnikf8rx.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My blower is at the bottom so the water would have to be forced uphill. Probably never gonna be a problem on mine.

Gene

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya we pulled the Bimba valve cleaned it all out when I first took off the little vac lines water was dripping out.

We got alot of water out of it put it back together and I can manually turn the heat off but when under load it goes back on and stays on.
The new mac valve is on its way hopefully thats a fix.

My switch for the machine has worked and is about 3-4 inches under water in those photos and the machine was still running maybe its stuck,, I'll have my guy look at it. I know I can test it easily by lifting it up and down.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This machine is really to hot not to have the diverter not working especially in the summer.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You can test the float with a meter which is the best way but it also has a loud click. If every time it's sucking up suds I would first look at my products. Are they really foamy❓ If it's just once in a while I would meter that switch when it doesn't shut off. The switch in the video has never seen action. It came from the factory broken. It only works intermittently.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the micro switch is probably good... I am willing to bet for what ever reason the magnets are not making good contact...

I have had one or 2 come in that were weak and when I took it apart it was missing a magnet or 2...

it is getting really hard to trust new parts anymore...never the less...Harwil still has the best ones out there.....

P7141022_zps29gz0nqa.jpg

P7141037_zpskg1aftrd.jpg

and FYI...they come with the different number of magnets because of the different lengths in the shafts and floats..but when you order a certain model number that has the 4 magnets with the long float and shaft..and then you get the same one but the magnets are not correct..it will not work like it should..

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We pulled 5 amp breaker wasn't getting power through it shook it now it works diverter is moving back and forth

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
a simple 12 volt circuit light probe can help you figure out so much...

image_17623_zpslredcqk1.jpg

If you had to shake the breaker to get it to connect..it would be wise to get another one....the contact on the inside probably arced and it got stuck...
if you pneumatic valve got water in it..there is a chance that it shorted the circuit......(?)..so both should be replace anyway...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
My dad did that to his finger years ago - wrench on the positive battery terminal through the wedding ring to ground. They had to cut the ring off. Take care of that finger...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
And the obligatory test light. Made this one probably 25 years ago. It draws pretty hefty current (about 2A) so good for sniffing out poor connections - where a meter shows voltage but it drops or disappears when under load:

TestLight.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom