Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
IMG_6732.JPG
IMG_6731.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG

Have to share this with you! A beautiful color restoration performed yesterday by one of our color trainees in Australia! LOVE THIS! ❤️

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you

Last edited by a moderator:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I don't get it. It looks like different flooring outside the doorway of the before/after pics. Is that the same room? How is it restoration if it wasn't blue before?

Reactions: dealtimeman

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
It was blue before. Look at the squares near the doorways.

I don't know how much he charged. Carpet dyeing services typically save 65% - 80% when compared to the cost of replacing the carpet. The color is guaranteed permanent and colorfast for the life of the carpet.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
It's very common that carpet color is damaged from harsh cleaning chemicals from carpet cleaners who don't have a clue Traffic lane cleaners are one of the main culprits.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
same questions...

Yeah, looks like a different room. Door is swinging different directions.

Maybe it was tan and they wanted it blue to match stains. ? I have done similar . but, usually to blend a resection.

Reactions: Shorty

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Here's an example of a color restoration that we did after a carpet cleaning company tried to clean up a stain in the middle of the Marine Corps' band room in NW Washington, DC.

The second pic is an Indian restaurant that we did a color restoration in.

Attachments

• IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 325

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The problem is color does do anything for wear. In the bedroom their are several before shots of how bad it looks with wear & stains. Then only one shot of the dyed carpet from the hallway.

I'm guessing she is all blue but...she is worn still is she not???

Should just replaced it. In the past the dying market before it literally died was for apartments. Even they found it just easier to replace the carpet.

We get a call or two every few years asking about carpet drying but those are when some spills something like bleach onto the carpet.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I'm not surprised when I hear people say, " we never get calls for carpet dyeing."

We never get calls for septic pump outs because we don't advertise that service.

Of course you're not going to get calls for a service that you don't advertise.

Regarding the wear.... that's like saying that you shouldn't clean a carpet that has wear.

Obviously the customer felt that having their carpet dyed was their best option. Otherwise they would have replaced it. Of course dyeing is not going to remove wear. Neither does the best cleaning. Dyeing is designed to be a cost-effective alternative to replacing carpet.

Even extremely high-end carpet that has little to no wear can fade out. A perfect example would be this ultra high-end carpet that we restored in Mr. J.R. Marriott's house. There was nothing wrong with it except that it was sun faded.

Attachments

• IMG_6742.JPG
    IMG_6742.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_6744.JPG
    IMG_6744.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_6745.JPG
    IMG_6745.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_6746.JPG
    IMG_6746.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_6747.JPG
    IMG_6747.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 309

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
He's not cheap. He's smart.

Besides, the carpet looked practically new when we were done. What's not to like about that?

Extremely wealthy people are very careful (and smart) with their money.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Nate W.
My pops still can dye carpet with the old trusty and rusty 175 with a solution tank... I hate whole house dyeing... It really chaps my ass...

I don't like the boxing of dyes, cleanup of everything, getting dye on my hands, equipment, walls, ect... Spot dyeing is 1 thing, whole room dyeing is another...

My parents bought into a Rainbow International Franchise back in 1984 cleaning and dyeing carpets...

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
IMG_9182.PNG
IMG_8988.PNG
IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_6266.JPG
IMG_6263.JPG
Spot dyeing (repairing bleach spots) will always be the bread and butter of any color repair business. We fix bleach spots every day of the week and are literally booked solid 3 - 4 months out at all times with jobs. It's pretty easy and very profitable. The only tools needed are a set of dyes, a wet/dry Vac, some bleach neutralizer, and a syringe.

Rainbow International used to be called Rainbow Dyeing & Cleaning. They didn't do very well with the dyeing so they dropped the word "Dyeing" from their name and now are just known as Rainbow International.

Here are some examples of our bleach spot repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need to add personnel.

3-4 months? That is a ridiculous wait for anything. I wouldn't wait 3-4 weeks on a service. I maybe impatient but if you can't get to me in several days I'm calling another provider.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I hear you. Interesting thing is....we used to be bigger. I used to have five vans on the road. We are actually more profitable now with a smaller fleet. We are able to be much more selective about which jobs we take on.

We have no competition whatsoever. Otherwise our customers probably would try to find someone else.

Carpet dyeing is a niche service that's without competition. That's the biggest thing that attracted me to it when I started the business 17 years ago. I don't have to compete on pricing or anything else. 100% of our business is word-of-mouth. We don't do any advertising whatsoever for our services.

We are about 75% commercial, so most of our customers are repeat ongoing business.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Rainbow didn't change their focus away from dyeing because of any shortcoming of their system. They saw the direction of several markets and redirected their focus to something massively more profitable.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The challenge is not to over promise. I was working during the Rainbow hay day and they said they could make these old faded carpets Like New!
An old dyed carpet is still an old carpet...wear is still there. All the Rainbow Carpet Cleaner Franchises disappeared from my area pretty quickly.
I do like spot dying as an add on service. Fast and easy money and for many the bleach spot off the laundry room is their pork chop.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom