Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You must remember Jerry Roper and the shill Steve from back in the red board daze.:dejection:

Jerry Roper took my money & still has not sent my products. :arrrr:

For those that don't know, or have never heard of him::

Bleach Stain
494 South Main Street,
Payson UT 84651
Email: jerry@bleachstain.com
Phone: 801-960-5764
www.bleachstain.com

Google the address, lovely neighborhood.

:yoda:

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Shorty, I can't begin to tell you how many people contact us that tried to fix bleach spots themselves by ordering from that company. I've even had several customers give me the kits that they got from the company. As you well know, carpet dyeing is not for the do-it-yourselfer. Many people think it's easy… Until they try it .

Spot dyeing will always be the bread-and-butter of any color repair business. It's far more profitable than cleaning, not to mention a whole lot less work and minimal equipment costs. We charge $375 per hour for residential color repair and $900 per hour for commercial color repair.

Many of our trainees simply opt to take the class to make this an add-on for their carpet cleaning services. Having said that, more and more of our trainees are opting to get out of the cleaning business altogether and focus exclusively on color repair because of the higher profit margins and reduced amount of physical work involved.

Shorty, I still have a picture that I took of your van with the words "bleach stains repaired" somewhere! ;)

Please tell your lovely wife that Debbie and I said hello.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have taken courses in color repair and i find you have to have an eye for the color and a lot of patience. I don't have either.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
That's hilarious! I'm as straight as they come! But it certainly requires patience and a willingness to practice. Color repair is an art. Any art form (music, painting, sculpting, etc.) requires patience to develop.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_0696.JPG

Reactions: Chris Howell

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think it's a craft as far a spot dying is concerned, maybe dying some of the complicated pattern this may rise to the level of art...maybe. There are steps you take and you get close as you can to the original color. By not over promising...selling an improvement as opposed to some perfect match, it is an easy add on.
I always told the Owner- You know exactly where the bleach spot is and when I'm done if you stand there and stare at that exact spot you will still see it slightly off... Some humans can distinguish as many as 10 million colors- BUT no one else will.
You don't have to be an Artist or gay... I took a one day class and bought the spot dye kit...still straight...a nice add on and solves a problem that makes you a hero.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Here's an example of why I refer to dyeing as an art.

In our color trainings I teach that color repair allows you to be very creative. This is an antique wool rug that had very old rust stains that could not be removed. We dyed the rust spots to look like the flowers in the rug, then dyed stems to connect the flowers with other flowers.

A very artistic approach to solving an "unsolvable" problem.

Note each red arrow → that points to where the rust stains were.

Attachments

• IMG_6764.JPG
    IMG_6764.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 305
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
So what do you do when you have a customer who has furniture dye transfer stains, rust stains, and bleach spots on the carpet under where they keep their aquarium? You dye a small area rug into the carpet. That's what you do!

This was the customer's choice. It was actually their idea, so we did it. They put the aquarium back on it afterwards. They loved it!

#neveradullmoment
#problemsolved

Attachments

• IMG_6769.JPG
    IMG_6769.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_6770.JPG
    IMG_6770.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 275

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom