Adding new truck

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The 875 was the first machine to go into my truck before I bought it...they could not get it back out fast enough....

TitanInstall012.jpg

they said that it just would not preform very well...it was removed and the bed was redone again and then a whole new set up with the Thermalwave...

I would go with a 454 or the 870 if I was you....

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Jim, what happened? What did you not like about it?

It seems like the most powerful slide in available which is why we opted for this system.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bensurdi said:
Jim, what happened? What did you not like about it?

It seems like the most powerful slide in available which is why we opted for this system.

I never ran it but when the truck was set up and it was put to work...it was my understanding that it just did not have the balls they said it did....lack of power and performance is what I was told.....so the entire set up was removed in less then a week after it was installed.........

I can tell you that if you are looking for power..I spent a lot of time playing with the 870 at MF8...that machine is a beast.......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bensurdi said:
Did they find the thermal wave to be a better performing system? Thanks for the feedback.

to bad they stopped making this machine....it runs hard....dry times are right up there with what I got with the Vortex...( plumed 2.5 at the filter box )....I can hold my heat with no effort at all...the only thing I had to do was change the cooling fan on the uint because it was not pulling enough air to accommodate for the heat I live in and the machine was not cooling enough...once I did that it has ran perfect....I would buy another if they still made them...

BTW..I have yet to have to kick it up on high...medium has all the power I need...

S

sam miller

I heard the 5.3 blower adds a lot of suck over say a 405 but a guy who owns 5 thermal waves says it lacks in heat compared to his

405's.

Theres a 5.9 blower in the 875 I think its supposed to hold 3 wands and plenty of heat.

I heard good things about them on the boards.

stay away from the 454 air cooled engine stick with liquid cooled. I would look at the 870 or 570.

But then again I think the 870 mirrors a 650hp from prochem and prochems have a track record.

Need to try them, find out where there's a customer appreciation day going on and see the demo trucks.

Connor

Name
Connor
Jim Martin said:
The 875 was the first machine to go into my truck before I bought it...they could not get it back out fast enough....

TitanInstall012.jpg

they said that it just would not preform very well...it was removed and the bed was redone again and then a whole new set up with the Thermalwave...

I would go with a 454 or the 870 if I was you....

Jim, Is that your truck in the picture? Who made the box, where did the door go, did it slide in a pocket?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have no clue who made this box...I have looked everywhere for some sort of tag.....but it is one of the best ones I have seen...very well built...it was on the truck when it was bought...I wish I knew...

2008W4500026.jpg

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Hi Ben,

Congratulations on your expansion plans. Nothing wrong with intelligent growth. However, something to remember as you evidently plan on adding additional trucks.

One of many reasons why Southwest Airlines has remained so profitable over the years is they to this day fly ONE standard plane. The savings in parts, training and general frustration has been huge for them.

I know the temptation is to flit from TM model to another looking for that elusive perfect combo. I get it. And in the beginning this may be part of your process. However, as soon as possible I'd encourage you to settle on one machine and build your company around it.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS I don't sell equipment for Jon-Don and am not up on the latest and greatest TM's. However, whatever you choose just make sure you have a reliable place nearby to service your units.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom