Agree or disagree....?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes I'm late to the party but...

Can a carpet cleaner call himself the best if he does not have a Rotary Extractor on board?

I'll say flat out that there are situations that a 175/Vortex could get it's ass kicked by a Electroweeniemount and a HOSS :idea: :roll: :shock: :mrgreen:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I doubt that anybody could tell the difference between 175 wand / or just the hoss or any other rotary extractor. It's the master in control that makes the difference.
Or i guess lack there of. :lol:
gene

Mikey P

Administrator
GeneMiller said:
I doubt that anybody could tell the difference between 175 wand / or just the hoss or any other rotary extractor. It's the master in control that makes the difference.
Or i guess lack there of. :lol:
gene

are you saying this from experience having used both methods or just guessing?

Billy

Name
BH
I personally don't believe anyone can really be the best no matter what equipment or their level of knowledge because I believe we are always learning at least until we die & only the dead can answer if we learn past death.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I have a rotovac PW and a 360i and use them alot but when a carpet is just rat nasty I just prespray, scrub with my host machine(zebra brushes) And the extract with my TM. This does the job much faster than using a roto scrubber IMO no roto can touch that, the only thing to consider is that the host machine damages the carpet just a little bit. I only do this on carpets that are trashed.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Anyone that would put themselves out there and label themselves "THE BEST" are just asking to be knocked down a few pegs.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Based on my experience with my "unique" hoss on a few jobs compared side by side with a scrubb and wand, I finished the jobs with the wand instead of both jobs.

I know everyone says the jets make a difference but it will have to make a huge difference.

I will say the hoss did dig up a lot soil in each area we used it on.

9a7fdaec.jpg

a5c0ed78.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes on the rotovac, no rx-20

The rotovac pulled soil but not like the hoss. The rotovac never convinced me on commercial.

The hoss would be good without the streaking or length of time consumed for dry passes.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Every soil load is different. Most (?) can be popped off with some decent chems and heat. Every now and then some aggitation is needed. A rotatary extractor can often deliver that extra aggitation. So can a 175 with a good scrub pad. The "best" is tuff to define. Back in aviation maintenance we used to bicker about the definition of a "good" mechanic. It's probably in the eye of the beholder.

And as far as rotary extractors, nothing has ever been produced that scrubs and extractes better then the twin motor RV. If I end up going to MF I might drag along my modified original RV. I haven't used it in a long time on a job because it takes much longer then dwelling with good chems and rinsing out with a 14" glided wand and high heat.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Can a carpet cleaner call himself the best if he does not have a Rotary Extractor on board

you kucklehEd...you said the same damn thing when you bought your V...
now you have a new toy de jour and ain't nobody sheeit unless they have one :roll:

all you're doing is causing the the butt sniffers and Mike wannabes to spend money needlessly on the latest board de jour tool

yes, i have plenty experience with rotary ext'rs ..the BEST one made ..the RX20

doofus :lol:

..l.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Operator operating a rotary extractor wrong will not do the best job.

The best Operator doesn't NEED that tool to get the job done.

There is a reason there is a saying "more than one way to skin a cat".

I've used the RX-20 and some other rotary extractors and I was never really impressed. The wand was always what I went back to for the finished job.

Commercial and Residential.

The Hoss looks like a nice tool...maybe to hurry things along. Needed? Nope.

Connor

Name
Connor
Erskine Allin said:
Can a carpet cleaner call himself the best if he does not have a Rotary Extractor on board

you kucklehEd...you said the same damn thing when you bought your V...
now you have a new toy de jour and ain't nobody sheeit unless they have one :roll:

all you're doing is causing the the butt sniffers and Mike wannabes to spend money needlessly on the latest board de jour tool

doofus :lol:

..l.T.A.

Larry, Shush!!!!! Let the man shill his freebies!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on the degree of soiling in the carpet you're cleaning
If you clean mostly light to moderately soiled carpet then a rotary extractor is just overkill, but a nice dog & pony show.

Mikey P

Administrator
why has the RX gathered dust?

handles horribly (for me) heat is wasted, no flexy shroud so base boards are whAcked are my two observations

why dont you use yours every day?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
why has the RX gathered dust?

handles horribly (for me) heat is wasted, no flexy shroud so base boards are whAcked are my two observations

And yet it was the best thing in the world when I first came to this board and said it was crap.

Mikey P

Administrator
Brian R said:
[quote="Mikey P":114zzv5f]why has the RX gathered dust?

And yet it was the best thing in the world when I first came to this board and said it was crap.[/quote:114zzv5f]

your isoflavanoids must be clouding your recollection

the RX has never been a board darling.

C

cucu

On a beat to shit carpet
the 360 with the brush head , then run the wand . the hoss aint a unit i would buy. after i try the new mytee unit
it will be either the mytee or another 360

C

cucu

Mikey P said:
Cu, did the HOSS you used have the two long spray bars?

deal breaker

nope i dont think it did
but they would still have to change the 6" power cord , off set vac , the 3 disc,s flow thing, occ chopper handels ,and for just under 3g,s i can only use it for one thing.

with the 360 im using it on carpet ,tile and wood patio decks (with different heads)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Cu, if you used Greenie's Hoss, it did have the 2 long spray bars.

I've rx'd everything except rugs since I started so I really don't know anything else.

One thing, the full slot vacuum heads on the rx is to aggressive on some carpets so it is overkill as some say. Hole vacuum heads are a bit less aggressive and it's what I use.

Albert

Back
Top Bottom