and who in the hell thought putting a baptism pool heater in a van would be a good idea?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I’m not saying propane is still practical, but people who run propane heated rigs aren’t refarted like Mikey says. They’re just broke dicks who can’t afford a heat exchange unit.
I've got 50k sitting in a TM account that I could spend tomorrow, but buying a hx unit aint gonna make me anymore money than a 15 yr old burner

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
seems to have worked out well.............and it wasn't designed to be a baptismal pool heater (or a carpet cleaning heater) afaik.....that was just a niche they entered and expanded into....it is designed to heat water.......something both need to do
Nobody heated my damned water...

20200505_011725.jpg

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
All you pretty boys with your $50,000 TM and $2000 wrap need to come do a ride along in NC sometime. I'll show you how to charm the middle age mommas without all of that dog and pony show.

No minty fresh breath required.

scotty747

I miss my boxtruck. But once or twice a week i wonder how the hell i ever would have gotten it parked close enough. Built a small trailer mount too and did one t&g job. Nothing like getting to the end of a road and learning it dead ends. I sure suck at backing up a trailer with mirrors only.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The propane heater that we use is totally automatic. You arrive at the job, set up, turn on the truckmount, flip one switch and the heater lights itself automatically. When you are done cleaning you turn the switch off and turn the truckmount off. Our LP heater is 240,000 BTU's and will supply insane heat to 2 wands while we are cleaning for a total of #12 flow rate. We have accounts at 2 local LP suppliers who do nothing but fill propane tanks with qualified employees. We can usually get 2 weeks of cleaning out of one fill. Both of these heaters are over 14 years old.

We have 2 of these heaters, one in each of our 2 dual wand vans.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The propane heater that we use is totally automatic. You arrive at the job, set up, turn on the truckmount, flip one switch and the heater lights itself automatically. When you are done cleaning you turn the switch off and turn the truckmount off. Our LP heater is 240,000 BTU's and will supply insane heat to 2 wands while we are cleaning for a total of #12 flow rate. We have accounts at 2 local LP suppliers who do nothing but fill propane tanks with qualified employees. We can usually get 2 weeks of cleaning out of one fill. Both of these heaters are over 14 years old.

We have 2 of these heaters, one in each of our 2 dual wand vans.
too bad we can't just buy them off the shelf. They sound a lot better than the LG heaters. More guys would be tempted to use them.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
too bad we can't just buy them off the shelf. They sound a lot better than the LG heaters. More guys would be tempted to use them.
You can buy these heaters from any PW supplier, but they only come with a flow switch. A flow switch only allows the heater to come on when the wand is keyed, and that is not enough burn time to get the heat up so it will stay there and be constant with no big spikes. I patented a circuit that goes inline so the burn, once activated by keying the wand, will burn for a range of 1 second to 25 seconds (adjustable), and you control the output temperature depending on where you set the temperature dial, either up or down. If anytime during that 25 seconds you key the wand again, the process starts all over again, ultimately controlled by the high limit thermostat. This eliminates any heat spikes or drops during the entire time you are cleaning. Like I said in my previous post, it will run 2 wands with no heat drops or spikes.

I have been using these awesome heaters for 20 years!

Last edited:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
You can buy these heaters from any PW supplier, but they only come with a flow switch. A flow switch only allows the heater to come on when the wand is keyed, and that is not enough burn time to get the heat up so it will stay there and be constant with no big spikes. I patented a circuit that goes inline so the burn, once activated by keying the wand, will burn for a range of 1 second to 25 seconds (adjustable), and you control the output temperature depending on where you set the temperature dial, either up or down. If anytime during that 25 seconds you key the wand again, the process starts all over again, ultimately controlled by the high limit thermostat. This eliminates any heat spikes or drops during the entire time you are cleaning. Like I said in my previous post, it will run 2 wands with no heat drops or spikes.

I have been using these awesome heaters for 20 years!
sounds very similar to what was on my Duane mount, it would preheat I think for 90 seconds on startup, refire with waterflow and run for around 30 secs after letting the trigger go with a high and low range it stayed within..
single wanding I didnt need what it put out, so swapped an LG in when my waterbox overflowed and fried its brain

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sounds very similar to what was on my Duane mount, it would preheat I think for 90 seconds on startup, refire with waterflow and run for around 30 secs after letting the trigger go with a high and low range it stayed within..
single wanding I didnt need what it put out, so swapped an LG in when my waterbox overflowed and fried its brain
At Winterfest ...Duane was most anxious to show me his machine and
Hurried me out to look at it....
I did openly laugh at it....and I believe I may have hurt his feelings a bit.....
But it WAS the biggest POS I have ever seen!
Then I made the mistake of selling him a brand new Cat 500 pump which took over 6 months before I ever got paid ....wtf ever happened to him?

hogjowl

Idiot™
At Winterfest ...Duane was most anxious to show me his machine and
Hurried me out to look at it....
I did openly laugh at it....and I believe I may have hurt his feelings a bit.....
But it WAS the biggest POS I have ever seen!
Then I made the mistake of selling him a brand new Cat 500 pump which took over 6 months before I ever got paid ....wtf ever happened to him?
Last I heard he was making reels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom