angies list

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i got a call from a company called ANGIES LIST they say a customer of mine left me 2 nice reviews and they were offering their service based on objective reviews. has anyone used this service for web advertising?? how was it?

Connor

Name
Connor
How do they "sell" you their service, I thought it was supposed to be objective reviews, verified by subscription.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Glen,
They are a subscribers only referral source.
People who are subscribers write reviews about service providers that they've used. So in theory you are getting people that made an investment the membership and therefore are more quality oriented.

They charge you extra to show up in a higher place on the list (Not better review, more visible.) They also run promotional, for which you pay, if you want to be included. Their subscribers, from my limited experience, tend to do price comparisons and seem to have plenty of questions. Though in theory they go for quality, you will still be pitted against other just as highly rated companies that may charge less than you. So in the subscribers eyes they may look as good as you are, yet cheaper.

Some cleaners I know are happy with what they get, others were not. I guess it depends on where you are on the price range, how much it costs as well as how large is the membership in you area.

I get a call from them every few months.

- I always say: "Do you offer a money back guarantee?"

- "No" is always the answer (after a few long and winded explanations about how great they are, how media companies do not offer any guarantee blah blah.....and that I'll make good money.)

For which I say: "I offer a money back guarantee. So if your results will be half as great as you claim, you should not have any problems offering one. call me back when you do."

Which ends the conversation right there.................... till they call again in a few months.

It's a lovely game.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a few reviews

customers tend to be upper middle class income

better work hard to please them

they call me all the time, I tell them when they decide to do a 3 month trial offer to call me back, they usually counter with 13 months for the price of 9

the more subscribers they have, the more it will cost you

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
somebody put me on it with a nice review. they called a couple of times and sent me a few cards but i still haven't looked into it. i haven't advertised anywhere in a very long time , no reason to change it now.

gene

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ofer...You want them to gaurantee that you do good work?? Come no now.

Angies List is good company. Get your customers to put you on there..Then pay a little for whatever area you want to be at the top of.

My Sacramento area gets a ton of Angies List jobs....You know it's good because they advertise on TV. !gotcha!

Don't let the sales guy ream you....Only pay for the areas you want..When they say $300 it's probably for a huge area.

I'm under $100 per month in Sacramento...up from $44.00 per month last year.

The higher listing helps.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
Ofer...You want them to gaurantee that you do good work?? Come no now.

Angies List is good company. Get your customers to put you on there..Then pay a little for whatever area you want to be at the top of.

My Sacramento area gets a ton of Angies List jobs....You know it's good because they advertise on TV. !gotcha!

Don't let the sales guy ream you....Only pay for the areas you want..When they say $300 it's probably for a huge area.

are they wheeling and dealing now on price? they wanted double off the last contract...LOL I'll admit I got good t/g and stone jobs from it. U selling your protein shakes on here too? HA..HA

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bee Busy said:
[quote="Brian R":8opfi42o]Ofer...You want them to gaurantee that you do good work?? Come no now.

are they wheeling and dealing now on price? they wanted double off the last contract...LOL I'll admit I got good t/g and stone jobs from it. U selling your protein shakes on here too? HA..HA[/quote:8opfi42o]

Not sure they have a MLM category on Angies List. lol

I just downsized my paid areas. They wanted too much for areas we didn't really want that bad anyway...Like Elk Grove and Placerville etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom