Any carpet repair guys using this hot glue adhesive?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
www.pamfast.com/index.php/products/hotmelt/ an old friend called me today raving about how it bonded a metal strip to concrete in 5 min. no more liquid nails or that other stuff that takes between 2-3 hours to bond metal or tack strips to brittle concrete...it heats up very quick and the gluesticks have something in them that creates a very quick bond. any one here have experience with it? i'm thinking about buying one tomorrow

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'd be leery as to how well it holds on a good stretch. The concrete will have to be spotlessly clean or it will pop off from the dust. I have tried melting when doing a door threshold. Didn't work worth shit.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you get one of the larger high-temp guns and the glue stick that is appropriate for carpet it will hold a seam as well as traditional hot-melt. Use the wrong glue stick and the seam will fail.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we bought one love it
no more carry a hammer drill buy one u will like it 100 bucks

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Willy P said:
I'd be leery as to how well it holds on a good stretch. The concrete will have to be spotlessly clean or it will pop off from the dust. I have tried melting when doing a door threshold. Didn't work worth shit.
i had a talk with one of the flooring outlets here that sells them...he said he's sold 40 of them recently and hasn't had any complaints, but i'll have to find out for myself i guess...did u use the PAMTite gluesticks or different ones?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Willy P said:
Just a standard glue gun. There might be a difference in the formula though.
probaly the problem...he said that particular gun heats faster and u have to work very quick

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yes the gun is different and you have to use the pam sticks. The glue is much different than regular glue sticks. and the gun gets hotter. One reason you need it hot is because the aluminum and concrete act as a heat sink to cool the glue off fast. That pam gun was a lifesaver one night when my cimex pad driver broke one night doing a 30,000 sq foot job. The employee came to me with it in two pieces, the foam part popped off the plastic housing. I used the pam and the hot glue, haven't touched it since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom