Any Dyson lovers like the Amway Cleartrak?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i know at least 1, maybe 2 guys here love the Amway Cleartrak.

i like my Dyson DC07 a lot, and the missus LOVES using it on commercial...i am trying to talk her into trying a new Amway Cleatrak off of eBay for a little more $ than the DC07, but she doesn't wanna risk it.

so is there any1 here that used to love Dysons, that now uses the Amway Cleartrak instead?

(no i ain't talkin about the Bissel cheapie's)

the only bene i notice from THE Cleartrak's pic's is that the dust bin looks bigger on the Amway. what i hate about the DC07 is the holes in it's dust bin tend to clog over time, and i gotta use a brush to clean them out....MESSY!

randy

Name
Randy
If you want the Amway vacuum (cleartrak) contact:
WMJ Refurbish @ 1888-458-9378
The cleartrak was the original Dyson design that Amway & Dyson litigated over. Amway lost.

The cleartrak is a way better vacuum and available for $300

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
that is one of the benefits of the CT, a big canister. They're only $330 at Cleartrak.com, free shipping.
The other thing I like is I get good mileage from the filters. Just take a little weather stripping around the filter tray to seal it better, saves the motor.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
After pulling mine out of the truck 4 to 5 times a day 5 to 6 days a week....I finally wore mine out......so I am going to try the one Mike has (Bissell Momentum) and see how it compares....If it does as good as my Dyson then I will keep it...If not I will give it to my oldest daughter and go back to the Dyson.....

Reactions: SamIam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
.so I am going to try the one Mike has (Bissell Momentum) and see how it compares.....

I tell ya, I get no respect...

I'm the one that turned Big hEd onto the Momentum and Powerforce/Cleanviews before that.
I've been extolling the virtues of them years and years

Expect great performance out of it, Jim (it really does out preform any upright on the market in shear vaccing/gunk removal)
However, it IS an $89 dollar "throw away" vac too.
So don't expect years of professional use.
You just pitch it when it breaks and buy new.

personally, that's makes sense to me anyway, cause our vac gets beat and "ugly out" in less than a year.
and also sees plenty "less than fresh smelling carpets"...

They're cheap enough to replace with new a couple times a year

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I know a lot of members here bought Bissell clearviews and were disappointed.

Number one complaint was the constant need to clean the foam and pleated filters.
Second is the amount of dust escaping
Third is the "bearings" on the brush roll.
Forth is the short cord.

The Momentum has only two external filters that dont clog much at all. One foam and one pleated. The foam can be washed dried in a towle and put right back into use unlike the two filters in the Cleartrack that need to be cleaned between (sometimes DURING) each job and left to dry over night.

Still lets some dust out but not quite as bad.

Same shitty bearings but by the time they warp the vac is so beat it's time for a new one anyways. They'll last longer if you keep the brush on the carpet while you edge/detail vac and dont let it spin @ 100% and over heat. Even the Healthy Home Bissell that sells for $250 uses the same bearings.. :(

35 ft cord is great.

The worse thing about the Momentum is how easy it is for the tool hose to come unattached from the base. I've vacuumed a whole house with the damn thing off :shock: Learn to keep an eye on that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
The worse thing about the Momentum is how easy it is for the tool hose to come unattached from the base. I've vacuumed a whole house with the damn thing off :shock:

I was pre-spraying while Shane was vaccing.
I stoped pre-spraying and headed to the other room to raise Cain about the crappy job of vaccing he was doing.

(chuckling)....I'll be sure to tell Shane he's not the ONLY DUMBAZZ now....

yes, it happened to me once too

..L.T.A.

Walt

Dyson is a great vac. It out performs my 887 and has good hand tools. I saw the Amway vac and think it has one clear advantage - you can manually adjust the height of the brush. The self adjusting brush on the dyson is too aggressive on some carpets.

The only down side of the cleartrak - it's ugly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Able 1 said:
[quote="prestige cleaner":3qul6j4i]what do you guys think of prochems pv12 vacuum?

Heard the bags were expensive but it's a good vac.[/quote:3qul6j4i]

looks lke $2.30 ea for the bags.
Wonder who makes the the vac for PC?

Jordan Stucky might know.
Hope he sees this thread

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Looks like a Windsor.

Look up replacement bags from Powrflite.
They might be cheaper.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Mikey P said:
unlike the two filters in the Cleartrack that need to be cleaned between (sometimes DURING) each job and left to dry over night.
Mike are you talkin about the Amway vac here?

also wondering, are the filter(s) on the amway vac foam (reusable) or paper ($$$) ???

and, how user-friendly is the Amway in terms of replacing parts? (because the Dyson BITES for this reason! has to be taken to a repairman...)

and thanks for the tips on cheaper Amway dealers fellas!!!!!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Derek said:
Mikey P said:
unlike the two filters in the Cleartrack that need to be cleaned between (sometimes DURING) each job and left to dry over night.

also wondering, are the filter(s) on the amway vac foam (reusable) or paper ($$$) ???

and, how user-friendly is the Amway in terms of replacing parts? (because the Dyson BITES for this reason! has to be taken to a repairman...)

no, sorry, I meant clearVIEW

CleanEvo

prestige cleaner said:
what do you guys think of prochems pv12 vacuum?

Great vacuum. I have the Sebo X4 version, it's the same vacuum. I've had it for 3 years, used it almost daily and it works as well today as when I bought it. Bags are around $2 a piece. I would buy another one, but this one just keeps going.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Derek said:
Mikey P said:

All the parts are available. If you can fix your TM you can pull a Cleartrak apart and reassemble it no problem, replacing any part as needed. A Philips screwdriver is about the only tool you need. 15 min and I can have it stripped down to the motor.

AS for filters, it has a foam and a fabric submicron filter. About $13 for a belt, a foam filter and 4 submicron filters. Both can be washed. I get several uses out of the submicron filters. I keep several sets on board so if I need to change them, too easy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Mikey P":xsjmmazk]define "walked circles"

GF vacuums every day with the dyson. I read your post about the momentum and bought one. The canister was 3/4 full of crap the dyson was missing.[/quote:xsjmmazk]

Common problem with people who bought a Dyson and had problems....The DC-07 is a smaller version
The DC-14 have more air chambers which give them more suction and are more agressive

I have a Riccar that I bought from Jordan (jstucky)...my mom has a house cleaning business and has used them for 10 years...they last over a year and she uses them at 4 or 5 houses daily....It does a real good job.....I've been really happy with it...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Walrus said:
Looks like a Windsor.

They might be cheaper.

Sebo makes both.

BTW- Dyson claims no belts- That's outright bullshit. And good luck when you need parts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Willy P said:
Walrus said:
Looks like a Windsor.

They might be cheaper.

Sebo makes both.

BTW- Dyson claims no belts- That's outright bullshit. And good luck when you need parts.

I am not sure by what you mean by " no belts " but if you mean replacing them...after almost 3 years of hard use I am about to retire mine with the same belt it came with.....
As far as any type of parts...We needed a few things for Tia's at the house and she had no problems fining everything she needed......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Could it be that the Dysons were not intended to be used daily by professionals but only by once a week housewives?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Willy P":12s90h1y]
Walrus said:
Looks like a Windsor.

They might be cheaper.

Sebo makes both.

I am not sure by what you mean by " no belts " but if you mean replacing them...after almost 3 years of hard use I am about to retire mine with the same belt it came with.....
As far as any type of parts...We needed a few things for Tia's at the house and she had no problems fining everything she needed......[/quote:12s90h1y]
Can't be direct ordered here- you have to wait up to 6 WEEKS to get the parts. Part of the sales pitch is "no belts".
Off the website-
How do I get my Dyson serviced?

If you feel your Dyson needs service, please contact our toll-free Helpline at 1-877-397-6622, 6 days a week.

Most questions or inquiries can be solved over the phone by one of our Helpline staff.

If it is determined that your vacuum needs to be serviced, the Helpline will arrange to have your unit shipped to Dyson directly for service and shipped directly back to your residence.

Our Helpline operators will be happy to advise you on the service process - please ask if you need clarification.

All other major brands have parts depots in major centers. And guess who pays for the shipping?

Back
Top Bottom