any opinion on a hoss?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You said a medium TM. Which one would you feel comfortable with the Hoss out of the box? And yes to your last question.

i guess it would all come down to what most would consider medium...for me 48 blower I would consider medium but for others it may be different....all rotaries should handle it just fine....

Name
John LaBarbera
so what can you change and why would you change it out of the box......???

Out of the box the Trex comes with 3 jets. Can work with a 200 psi porty or a TM. For those who would like more flow, the Trex can be tweaked to produce more flow. Up to 4 additional jets for a total of 7. The jets are 02's for a flow of up to 14. A PCC can set it to suit himself.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Out of the box the Trex comes with 3 jets. Can work with a 200 psi porty or a TM. For those who would like more flow, the Trex can be tweaked to produce more flow. Up to 4 additional jets for a total of 7. The jets are 02's for a flow of up to 14. A PCC can set it to suit himself.

fair enough...glad to hear that this machine was set up for different things....so pending on what you are using and maybe the type of carpet that it is cleaning you can change it around.....???.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I guess i should put in my 2cents
As far as i know im the only person playing with the trex everyday in the field, So i have to go with the vote system on 4 carpet boards 4x8 sheet of ply with carpet and pad
let the people run them out of the box. the hoss change your disks, with the Trex set your Jets, 360i , rx 20. you set them up, run them , then unhook and vote, set up for the next person. but you must run all 4 to vote

Jim can say anything and everything about all the units
and me the same. and both of us can just be called shills, but both of us like the machines we like because we,er different people

Without wanting to sound like a shill but it may
John and Mytee have been relentless in working to make the trex the perfect unit for everbody from a vortex guy to a Mytee porty guy (i have a mytee porty and the trex works with it)
They could have put it to market at connections but Jonh wanted to hear from the end users and if needed make changes and he did, 4'' longer boom , pig tail, from 3 jets to 7, and 1 or 2 other things
that are very handy. He has taken every call from me and always wants to see pics of the trex working. He know,s it cleans great but more important he wanted to know of any faults or problems, if i found any
John wont release it unless he,s sure its the best unit.

Thats my 2cents worth

Name
Scott
I have owned 3 RX-20's, a Rotovac, and just recently the HOSS. I have to say that I love the HOSS the best of all. It is heavier than the rest but I feel it cleans faster and better than the others as well. It is worth buying for sure.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they should all be box stock machines
Cause in the real world outside of the boards that's how 96.49% of the cleaners will use them

all should use same TM of course ....with 45 or 47 blower .
TM should be at "factory" settings too ..again, cause that's the average "real world"

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i've never used the hoss or T-Rex...

I swore off rotary's after about the 10th time i almost stumbled down a flight off stairs while carrying my RX-20's.

Nothing against them, i'm probably just getting too old and feeble to muscle them around these days. Or, i could just be getting wiser with age... take your pick. :redface:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
they should all be box stock machines
Cause in the real world outside of the boards that's how 96.49% of the cleaners will use them

all should use same TM of course ....with 45 or 47 blower .
TM should be at "factory" settings too ..again, cause that's the average "real world"

..L.T.A.

Larry that shows your complete lack of pure knowledge on this or any other matter.
Anyone in the industry knows the real numbers.
Its 97.1% You have lost all your street cred with me and any other straight thinker on this board.:lol:

Out of the box is the only way to do the demo.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Totally agree with Adam, Larry's numbers are totally out of whack, by at least a fraction of a decimal point.
His street cred is now a thing of the past.

And yes, out of the box will be the best test, though by experienced operators of said machine. Same chemicals and blower. PSI and such should be decided by each operator and within reason the amount of wet and dry passes.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry that shows your complete lack of pure knowledge on this or any other matter.
Anyone in the industry knows the real numbers.
Its 97.1% You have lost all your street cred with me and any other straight thinker on this board.:lol:

Out of the box is the only way to do the demo.

what a sad number.......that means that there is a very low percentage of guy that actually know what there doing............

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
So why dont you guys ask the CRI how to best perform a balanced and fair competition for this shootout. They have lots of expeirence with this sort of thing.
Note: it must be a rotaries only competition. NO RUG DOCTORS allowed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what a sad number.......that means that there is a very low percentage of guy that actually know what there doing............

like that's NEW news???

Its 97.1% You have lost all your street cred with me and any other straight thinker on this boar

Adam, Adam,Adam....

obviously you're not aware...
last month 267 BD's went out of biz and 3 died

so you bedder revise your figures, Mister !!

.:icon_razz::icon_razz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kg1axBv4lA

..L.T.A.

Name
Hank Unck
John, you state: "If someone walks in and wants a HOSS I will absolutely sell them one. I don't have one on the floor but I have sent several people up to the competition to ask them for a test drive of a HOSS and if they want one I would be happy to match or beat any price they could find on one."

No disrespect meant, but that's being an order-taker, not a sales maker. Manufacturers select distributors to promote and sell their products. That means a distributors should have in stock at least one of every product category that the manufacturer produces. That's a win-win: The manufacturer gets the representation and sales they need, and should expect, from distributors who've pledged to support the line; and distributors don't lose sales to customers who need or want something today, but have to go elsewhere, or choose another product, because the distributor doesn't have what they wanted it in stock. We all know the old saying; "you can't sell from an empty cupboard" - and that's especially true with products that need to be demo'd. You're also more likely to get your price, based on immediate availability, and the value that you personally bring to the sale, instead of having to meet or beat a competitor's discounted price.

C'mon, John, order a HOSS for your store today. It won't stay around long. Prove me wrong!
:winky:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

ahhhhh spoken like a true slimy sales person....

who has that tie around his neck WAYYYY to tight, and thinks he KNOWS what the custy wants....

true there are some that will pay MSRP...but there are more that would rather wait for it to get a better DEAL.....

Name
Hank Unck
Hank, do you have any idea of how many HOSS's have been sold to date?

No, Mike. I'm a "hired hand" so I don't see sales numbers, but on a recent visit to the factory I did see a large number of them getting readied for shipping, so have to think that there's a healthy demand for the HOSS. I have also had a chance to test one on a very filthy section of carpet, and was extremely impressed with its ease of use and performance.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh and on a side note....when i was at a supplier who i knew should have one...i looked around...didn't see one????

I asked "uhhhh so you guys dont have a hoss??" yea we do......."??? ok where is it??" well it shows we have 3 (i dont remember the exact number) over in the warehouse...

ok why dont you have one over here so i can look at it?? touch it, and see what its all about???.....with nothing to say about the possibility, of a demo...

Well we can put one together and you can buy it and then if you dont like it bring it back.....

uhhhh :bullshit:

we all know how easy it is to "return something" with out getting hosed in some sort or another...

instore credit

oh you put a little ding in it here we cant refund it all to you

etc etc....

get an F'ing demo unit out and run it....

soooooo what do you have to say about that.....

and ill give you 2 guesses who it was based on my location.....(cuz there aint many suppliers out here"

Name
Hank Unck
ahhhhh spoken like a true slimy sales person....

who has that tie around his neck WAYYYY to tight, and thinks he KNOWS what the custy wants....

true there are some that will pay MSRP...but there are more that would rather wait for it to get a better DEAL.....

LOL! So, I guess you also don't think that the extra value that you bring to your customers is worth the price, either, eh? :winky:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i give it to them for a reasonable price (at least what i believe is...and maybe many more)

I am not naive enough to think just cuz it "costs more" it better....

I have seen plenty of high priced things, turn out to be bigger and more expensive POS then their cheaper counter part....take Vacuums....while Dysons are OK......i could buy how many bissel momentum's??? for the cost of 1 dyson??

And yet when i have used a friends, or a custys Dyson....SOMETHING IS ALWAYS Screwed up on it....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok ill continue....(fooking font settings messing up and not resetting)

TVs....

I picked up 3 39" or bigger LCD tvs...(my 1st dive into HD at home) for a little over $650 total....3 for less then what you can get a lot of them for....

and aside from a few "features" they are just as good as any others i have seen....

Value is what it is for the person buying it....

I for 1 am in the market for a new rotary....wether it be a 360I or hoss or trex...I dont know....BUT i do know this.....I want to try them out 1st...before i go dropping that kind of cheddar down...more so the HOSS....as it is around 1/2 again as much

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh and ill apologize for the slimy comment....i am sure you are as nice as any of us....

but my SALES DAR. goes off when i read what I believe is "taught lingo"

or what ever the "play book" is called.....

because it treats me like i am stupid.....and that i am "out of my mind" if i dont like what you think i should like...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Are you coming to M9F Doug?

I'd love to buy you a drink.

you sound stressed.

Planning on it....

No not stressed...(well no more then anyone else)....

just get tired of hearing the same ole same ole, from "sales" type people....

Wait till I go and talk to this place about buying a truck.....right off the get go..things were................well lets just say I got 6 emails in about a 8 hr window...after they said they wouldnt spam....

also from 3 different sales people....and a few more AFTER i made contact with 1 of them.....

why cant people have their shit together???

And dont get me started on Truck details...:hopeless:

How in the F can you list it as a Standard or manual tranny....when the picture of the truck (and no its not a stock photo) CLEARY shows the damn shifter on the steering colum:angry:

Oh in the true BD fashion......do i get my entry fee waived???? seeing as i was the 1st and possibly few who paid you for the one in San Diego????:headbang::rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom