Any tips to improve cuff performance?

dazzle

Name
James
That is the plan Mike said to use the brush glide I need 80's on the outside and 95"s inside so I am going to do that with 1.5's. My pump is a 5gpm so I am thinking I will have a bit more impact and plenty of flushing with the 1.5 jets.

FredC

Village Idiot
That is the plan Mike said to use the brush glide I need 80's on the outside and 95"s inside so I am going to do that with 1.5's. My pump is a 5gpm so I am thinking I will have a bit more impact and plenty of flushing with the 1.5 jets.

You're going to listen to him after he sold you that leaky ass glide?

• Haha
Reactions: Willy P

dazzle

Name
James
You're going to listen to him after he sold you that leaky ass glide.
when I installed the glide the inside was hitting on both edges so it would not seat on the end. I did not notice until the fourth try and had to trim the ends. After that I notched the wand and heated the glide to get it straight and slide it back on. The leaky Glide was not Mikes fault after all it went through it did not have the tight fit it had when manufactured

dazzle

Name
James
Go down to a six flow.
What should I expect when going down to 6 flow?
Is this for faster dry times being less water flowing?
A little longer before getting full heat for the same reason?
More cleaning passes?
Would speeding up my cleaning passes with 8 flow deliver similar results?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Unless you are doing trashed places, a six flow should be all you need. Even a four flow will work fine on moderate soiling conditions. The more water you use, the greater the saturation of the carpet and the longer it will take to dry.

Luky

Name
Mario
Are your jets worn out?

Vac hose plugged?

in tank filter clogged?

Something is wrong...

When Cool cuffs first came out I jumped on it seeing the benefits. I quickly went back to vinyl because the vacuum loss was so noticeable. I recently switched to flash cuffs and had to tighten the vacuum relief on the blower housing a lot. Now if I set my wand and hose up I get about 12" of lift but if I block the system at the tank I am above 20" HG.

Does anyone who has went from vinyl to Flash or any other cuffs have advice on getting the most out of them?

I know there are trade offs and loosing some vacuum is fine as long as I can make up for it at the relief valve but I would like to be able to get to at least 13" lift while cleaning. If it is not possible I will switch back to vinyl.

TIA
Why don't you measure Hg value at different hose lengths with your wand down . If I can put plastic bag over my mouth, I'm not going to be able to breathe. Your palm on vacuum intake is the plastic bag. You're suffocating your system, not testing it. If you thinking cuff are the culprit , use the barbs instead to connect hoses directly. If you see an improvement, it's a good thing.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Luky

Name
Mario
Unless you are doing trashed places, a six flow should be all you need. Even a four flow will work fine on moderate soiling conditions. The more water you use, the greater the saturation of the carpet and the longer it will take to dry.
You don't have trashed carpets in Canada😉, I've been there once or twice. #6 flow exists in manuals only, and is used by kindergarten kids.
I'd like to know how many cleaners with bunch of commercial accounts are rely on #6 flow. I mean well, six flow on six jet wand means 01 opening per jet and that will clog jets after a few minutes of use. I'm comfortable with #10 , mixing 1.5 with 2's. The saturation shouldn't be a problem if the blower's power matches the pressure value ( 350-450 Psi), when operating with an enclosed space with two vacuum slots ( glides) that should be sufficient and yet some guys go for 550-600 psi and stil have a great drying times.
Our truck- mounts are our bread and butter, we have to make them purr, no exceptions.

Mikey P

Administrator
You don't have trashed carpets in Canada😉, I've been there once or twice. #6 flow exists in manuals only, and is used by kindergarten kids.
I'd like to know how many cleaners with bunch of commercial accounts are rely on #6 flow. I mean well, six flow on six jet wand means 01 opening per jet and that will clog jets after a few minutes of use. I'm comfortable with #10 , mixing 1.5 with 2's. The saturation shouldn't be a problem if the blower's power matches the pressure value ( 350-450 Psi), when operating with an enclosed space with two vacuum slots ( glides) that should be sufficient and yet some guys go for 550-600 psi and stil have a great drying times.
Our truck- mounts are our bread and butter, we have to make them purr, no exceptions.

I was young and dumb once too

4 flow is all you need.

Mikey P

Administrator
Show us the after pics of that trashed carpet you just cleaned recently?
PXL_20240908_001354468.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
pad job.

I dont go after trashed carpet at this stage in my cleaning career.

With the Chosen wand I can clean most anything I'm going to run into and have it dry in a few hours

View attachment 128423

Sold my rotary extractors too.

I was young and dumb once too

4 flow is all you need.
2 flow jets is what’s needed, not a 4flow of total flow, because 1 flow jets on a 4 or 6 jet wand is useless compared to the same tool that uses 2 flow jets

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You've been here once or twice, spoken like a true American. I use 2-4 jet wands. I have a Prochem quad with 01 jets that I use in the shop for certain rugs. Never clogs because I have a filter before the trigger valve. I have several 4 jet wands where I use .15 jets for a 6 flow. You can use whatever you want but it's pretty obvious to most people that the more water you use, the longer things will take to dry.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
*the more water you don't recover
I've used higher flow wands and while it's true you can move the wand a little faster, I tend to slow down on my dry passes to make sure I'm recovering enough water, negating the faster speed on the cleaning stroke. More cleaning solution usually equals more soil removal but only to a certain degree. What's the balance point? When using portables, I am down to a 3-4 flow with great results. I can't justify going past a 6 flow on the truck. I feel there is more chance of incomplete drying or wicking. Others feel differently. I know people who swear by a 12 flow.

Reactions: Mikey P

dazzle

Name
James
Thank you for all the replies.
I should have asked the first question a little different.
I realize going to 6 flow I will get better dry times are there any other benefits?
What are the benefits of higher flow?
Faster heat?
better flushing resulting in less cleaning passes?
Anything I might not have considered?
Would moving the 8 flow wand give similar results?

I am finally have time to get the new jets today and have been happy with the results of 6 flow for many years. The wand came with 8 flow and I have read high flow is the way to go for years. Thought I would be able to decrease the time cleaning with the same results.

Why don't you measure Hg value at different hose lengths with your wand down . If I can put plastic bag over my mouth, I'm not going to be able to breathe. Your palm on vacuum intake is the plastic bag. You're suffocating your system, not testing it. If you thinking cuff are the culprit , use the barbs instead to connect hoses directly. If you see an improvement, it's a good thing.
I was only suffocating the system at each length to determine if I had any unnoticed air leaks. Once I knew the hoses were good I did my HG t yearsesting with the wand

Last edited:

dazzle

Name
James
The other thing I should have mentioned is the new wand is a 1.5" tube. I had planned on the 2" devastator but Tom informed me that the 1.5" tube would be as effective with less effort than my 1.75" Prochem which was 6 flow.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The other thing I should have mentioned is the new wand is a 1.5" tube. I had planned on the 2" devastator but Tom informed me that the 1.5" tube would be as effective with less effort than my 1.75" Prochem which was 6 flow.
I use mainly 1.5 inch wands. Toms is great. I do switch up to a 2 inch wand when drying times may be an issue. Doesn't help as much as people think but makes you feel better. I have one 4 jet wand set up with an 8 flow that I use on severely soiled carpet but rarely use it. Good chemistry, scrubbing when you need it and a well balanced 6 flow wand is usually all you need.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom