Anyone ever do business with Ray Moody aka (Rambo)?

Name
Nate W.
Edited to keep up with our policy that private emails are not to be shared with out the consent of both parties involved.

ron markam

I have dealt with Ray with no problems.It may easier to pick up the phone and call him .I never communicated with him via e-mail.

TimP

Nate,

I can understand your aggravation but there are a few things that you are overlooking. The biggest one that comes to mind is the shipping. You can't expect a supplier to go against a person shipping a cimex. People don't get the same rates as a company that ships bulk numbers of packages everyday. In other words excellent supply gets a better rate than you I or Rambo. So you can't get upset about that. Secondly the ball valve on the Cimex isn't a big deal and for sure not hardly an important part. It sounds like the machine was in good condition otherwise. However I do agree that he should of made you aware of the problem, but he may of never even used the ball valve to know it was a problem. Also he should of followed through with the case of goods. Now for the problem of getting in touch with him. Keep in mind that not many of us check our e-mail regularly. I suggest you call him, you know where his business is and the name of it....look it up and call. Go right to the source and talk with him.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I talked wit Ray a while back...seemed lik a square type a guy...!

He mighta bought a Genie that i had built????

Rambo

Nate, I am sorry that you are disappointed. I could have sold the machine to several here in the states and as a matter of fact had to send several checks back to those who wanted it. The shipping info I gave you is exactly what I was told by FedEx, they kept changing the prices and as a individual we do not get a good price. I wish you had checked with Excellent Supply before you agreed to purchase from me. I never used the little ball valve so I was not sure the little plastic handle was broken (they cost $2.90) For the case of Punch that was lost, (shipped seperately) I will refund the money for the that and the plastic handle. A check is on the way

Greenie

Odin nailed it.

It pays to have a friend with an establish commercial freight account and a shipping history, it'll save you a bundle.

G

It looks like he was trying to get a hold of him but couldn't. He said he wasn't getting a response, but it looks like he got a quick one by posting about it here. Looks like Ray's getting it taken care of. Good for you, Ray.

I mean that's how it looks to me.

Name
Nate W.
I appreciate the response from Ray and others. The shipping i could care less about. It's the fact that if you say Excellent Condition without looking the machine over. Also, the Fact that is being over looked is when the terms changed, it wasn't your decision to make.

I apologize to have put this on a public forum, but it's the only way I got a response.

G

Oh my!!

===========================
I THOUGHT I BOUGHT THAT MACHINE
May 13 2008 at 1:35 PM Micah (Login argenio)
from IP address 76.182.191.32

Response to Anyone ever do business with Ray Moody aka (Rambo)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had some really nice discussions with Ray the evening that he posted the machine for sale. We also talked the following day. When I talked to him the second time he said others had called, but because I had called first, I had first chance. I called him and finalized everything. On Thurs he called me to tell me that he could ship the machine to me for $145 and that he would split the cost. Gave me a total price of $1565 delivered. I went that afternoon & got a cashiers check and mailed it. I also emailed a copy of iT to him. He sad that if I emailed a copy of it he would ship the machine while the check was in route. I called to tell him it was in the mail and he said he was building the pallet as we spoke, it would be shipped the following day. He told me what freight lines and where to pick it up. I waited and called the freight line the day it was supposed to arrive and agian on the following day. Then I reciedved an email from him appologizing but saying the machine was no longer for sale. I called him that afternoon he said something had come up and they would not be selling the machine. That he had been happy with the deal we had made but he could no longer sell the machine. My wife said "I bet he found someone who would pay more" but I stuck up for him. He I told her he seemed like a real stand-up guy. Was I wrong????????????

Name
Nate W.
Josh,

I believe there's a lack of Integrity. It's really sad to see that I'm not the only one who was misled.

The men in my family live by this saying;
" All a man has is his Word. He enters this world with his Word and leaves this world with his Word, what he does with it the time he has here, is how he will be Remembered "

If you make a mistake, admit it, apologize for it, learn from it, and do your best to not let it happen again. That's how you restore your Integrity. At least that's what I was taught.

Raedan

As I posted on Ricks board I have dealt with Ray with no problems. I bought a machine from him 5 months ago and he delivered as promised.

Raedan

Not that far. He delivered it to me. Was as he described it over the phone.
I have spoke with Ray several times on the phone before I met him and he seems like a stand up guy.
It's amazing what a 3$ ball valve can do isn't it. :shock:

As far as the other post claiming he sold it out from under him I don't know.
Like I said he seems to be a stand up guy.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
As much as I promised myself I would not comment on this.....well you get the point.

Since Ray is on vacation and I know he would not bring these points up, but I now feel it is necessary.

the following is true on any incident involving any dispute, its not a jab at Nate or anyone at all

.......You never hear the whole complete truth and/or facts from any one side in a dispute.....NEVER.

Its not that anyone is lying or intentionally misleading, each will have some of the facts,
different first hand knowledge, and different memories of exactly what did/did not occur.

Think about the meat/york 'discussion' currently raging on

with that said

Nate,

First, you should have CALLED Ray before you posted, he doesn't check his email on a regular basis.
Its a generational thing, keep in mind he turns 72 @ the end of June.

This alone would have stopped this right then and there.

Second, a $ 3.00 plastic lever on a ball valve was an oversight by both Ray and myself.
Its not as if the valve was broken or leaking, they are known to break regularly.
Also, we never use the ball valves on any Cimex, our tubes are kept flushed and in great shape.

Third, you didn't exactly pay the final cost of shipping that crate, it was even more expensive than what you paid.
And, that didn't count the cost of building the crate, Ray and I did that in-house.

Fourth, the case of Release-It not making it, well we have had products ship out that just disappeared like a 'fart-in-the-wind".
It will probably be some time before we get reimbursed for that product not making it.
I remember a case of procyon that we shipped out that never left the local UPS store according to the records, took 5 months to collect on that.

Fifth, your check did take a little longer to arrive than he had anticipated from the information you gave.
That is the only reason he looked at another person to sell it to (which I did advise him against).

Sixth, the terms never changed. The terms were you were responsible for shipping charges period.
We did get several estimates by phone, and I was shocked at how some of these companies
gave different quotes to begin with, it wasn't just the company that was used.

Mia Culpa

I am truly sorry you feel you were mislead, disappointed, etc., but, please be honest,
you did get a good machine, at a good price and probably will make a lot of money using it.
Also, we did send the machine out promptly.
It is beyond our direct control on when it arrived,
we could only go by the information the shipper supplied to us.
At no time, were you ignored, told to take a hike, etc.
You are being compensated for your legitimate issues.

Sincerely,
Scott Moody

In my own opinion, I did advise Ray against selling it to you because of shipping it outside of the continental 48.
We would not have had to pack it as carefully as we did, and my gut feeling was not good about this transaction from the start.
I would have preferred he dealt with somebody a little closer to home.[/i
[/b]

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also did not want to enter this post, but there are things that still have not been told.

A week or so back, I asked the question on the Encap; Forum if anyone had seen or heard from Ray after that tornado had gone through.

No replies as such came back.

Prior to my post, I had been trying to email Ray myself, we do keep in semi regular contact.

His email was out of order for a week or more.

He did let me know this in a private email after he was back on line.

As for Ray not returning any emails, I know what it is like when the system goes arse up, having been there several times.

It only takes one time to realise just how much we do rely on our emails.

When emails are out, quite often phone calls are out also.

Maybe sometimes, we should just bite the bullet for a while, instead of jumping the gun, especially when you may bring a very credible persons reputation into disrepute.

In my opinion, Ray Moody would be one of the most honest, stand up people I know, and I am proud to call him my friend.

That's my .02 cents anyhow.

Name
Nate W.
I appreciate the response Scott and Shorty.

I do not have a problem with you Scott.

I speak in Facts of what happened. No justifications, reasoning's, or excuses.

Do you happen to have a tracking # for the case of solution that was shipped out separately? No email, call or action was made saying that the case was shipped separately.

Curiosity is also killing me. Do you have a copy of the shipping receipt? (You can PM or Email it if you want) That would back your claim about Me not paying the final costs for shipping.

I must be having a mental block somewhere. If the valve was never used and just set to full open, I don't see how the handle would be cracked. $3.00 or $300.00 part, doesn't matter how much it costs, Excellent Condition is what it was not. Yes, the valve wasn't leaking and was in the full open position. It was inoperable for me to use it for my needs.

I factored in the cost and time in making the crate with the shipping price. Like I said before, I could care less about the shipping. Living in Hawaii, it does get costly for shipping. I have shipped quite alot of things to and from the mainland. Yes, I was responsible for the shipping costs period. I was told by Ray that $691.00 is 3 Day Air. With that being said, I paid for 3 Day Air. I did not receive it. No. So Yes, based upon the agreement that was made between Ray and I, the TERMS did Change.

It's the lack of follow through. Lack of communication on Ray's behalf.

I'll try and put this in perspective for you in a bigger picture.

" A client calls to get a estimate for work to be done by a certain deadline. An estimate is complete and terms are agreed to be met. Client is not available to be there as the work gets completed, so they give a check for payment. Client goes on there way. Low and behold the day comes to have the work done and 2 workers don't show up for work, so the job will take longer. (Keep in mind the agreement made prior to the work being started) Do we contact the client before, during or after the work is started and advise them about the terms of work changing? "

The answer you give to the question will show your Integrity.

I still have not seen a apology regarding the valve being broken. When I see acknowledgment and ask for forgiveness, this thread will end.

And as for the statement Ray made about him having to send alot of checks back to people who wanted it, it clearly shows him not keeping his Word to anyone.

This whole time I have been being Honest. Yes, a cimex is a good machine, hints the reason I bought it. I believe any machine you purchase, you have the intent to make money off it.

And for the record, I turn 24 in the middle of November. :D

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this isn't the first time an item was claimed as "excellent condition" and the buyer didn't see it that way.
What one sees as "excellent condition" could be something else to another.

I'm curious, do any of you guys who buy things, ask for pics????

in the day and age of cheap easy to use digi cams, asking for a few pics would go a long way in ironing out some of the issues with subjective terms

..L.T.A.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Nate,

You need to go back and re-read my post,.

All records of the shipment are not in my power to release to anyone. And please don't imply or infer that any statements I made were less than 100% honest, because I didn't make any claim that you had made any statements that were not 100% honest.

You were apologized to for everything, including the ball valve handle being broken. 'Mia Culpa' is more than just I'm sorry. It is a known fact those plastic handles crack all of the time, Greenie even sells a metal handle now for them. Unless you intended to remove the plastic solution hose, the valve serves no purpose. And, yes you do have a mental block

You may have factored to time/cost of making the crate, but that price wasn't included in your price.

And please quit using any challenge for determining my Integrity, its just childish. Sort of like the school yard bully drawing a line in the sand and daring you to cross it.

I did wait 2 days before my post to step back BEFORE I posted. I wanted a clearer record, so that a year or two down the road, somebody searching this doesn't just see one side of the situation.

Meat, yes I took 4 10meg pictures of the machine.

Fon, he was sent an apology and the money.

I can promise you Ray won't be reading this post after he comes back from vacation, he was done with it before he left. I am personally now done with it.

Name
Nate W.
ScottM said:
Nate,

You need to go back and re-read my post,.

All records of the shipment are not in my power to release to anyone. And please don't imply or infer that any statements I made were less than 100% honest, because I didn't make any claim that you had made any statements that were not 100% honest.

As for your comment about the check taking longer to arrive and clear.

Please take your own advise about implying or inferring. Per the conversation Ray and I had, I spoke with Ray 04-14-08 on when I had time to get to the bank (either later on Monday 14, or Tuesday 15, 2008) and get to the post office. I kept my Word with the agreed upon deal. As for the check, it was paid for with cash. I can't be responsible for Ray's relationship with his bank on the check not clearing.

You were apologized to for everything, including the ball valve handle being broken. 'Mia Culpa' is more than just I'm sorry. It is a known fact those plastic handles crack all of the time, Greenie even sells a metal handle now for them. Unless you intended to remove the plastic solution hose, the valve serves no purpose. And, yes you do have a mental block

I know what Mea Culpa is . In today's American vernacular, people often say "my bad." I don't know how you meant it.

As for a mental block, I think not.

With the valve handle, you can regulate the flow of the solution.

You may have factored to time/cost of making the crate, but that price wasn't included in your price.

Regardless of who you shipped it to, it still would have to be crated.

And please quit using any challenge for determining my Integrity, its just childish. Sort of like the school yard bully drawing a line in the sand and daring you to cross it.

I understand your position on Your Integrity. It was not all directed at you, but more for a Moral, Character, Honor, Business Ethics stand point. You have to find where other people stand before being able to converse with them. I understand that we live by different language.

I did wait 2 days before my post to step back BEFORE I posted. I wanted a clearer record, so that a year or two down the road, somebody searching this doesn't just see one side of the situation.

It doesn't matter which side they look at it. There is WAY too many inconsistencies with what Ray and Your position. Regarding micah's post (more proof of Ray not keeping his Word). You can't cover up facts of What Happened.

Meat, yes I took 4 10meg pictures of the machine.

That is true. You said you would and followed through. I did not even comment on the duct tape around the planetary head.

Fon, he was sent an apology and the money.

There is lack of responsibility taken. All justification, reasoning's, or excuses.

I can promise you Ray won't be reading this post after he comes back from vacation, he was done with it before he left. I am personally now done with it.

I understand that Ray may not see this, because someone called him on his lack of follow through and accountability. I never got a call, when he said he was.

Bottom line is I was not followed through with. I was ignored until I came forth and posted it publicly. Lack of Integrity in keeping his Word.

I'll agree to disagree about point of views. Like I stated before, I speak in Facts. "If you inform a customer of a problem before the fact, it's called education. If you inform them after the fact, it's called an excuse."

I'm also done with this thread.

John G

Sounds like the guy is dating three girls at one time, telling them all he loves them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom