Applying protector

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Just wondering what everyone's preference for applying protectant is. I have a pump up sprayer and it's bulky and looks shady to people IMO.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Depends on what i'm protecting. I have an omni sprayer I like for rugs. If i'm protecting furniture, I'll use a good trigger sprayer.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
if you can re charge with air check out the SURE SHOT sprayer it has the best spray pattern and it is air charged,grainger sells it

Jamesh921

Name
James
I 'believe' that most cleaners use the Hydroforce. It's certainly the most productive, although it's been argued that it isn't accurate.

Production vs accuracy is an age-old debate that will certainly continue. My HF is the revolution style that allows you the ability to "dial in" your dilution ratio. I have it set @ 4:1.

I've never tested it (the bucket test), but I'm comfortable with it.

Square footage coverages that you read on the label are "averages" at best. All we can do as "deliverers of the product being sold" is try as best we can to deliver it according to the directions. After that, responsibility belongs to the manufacturer.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Hydroforce? Really let me guess.. teflon, scotchgard, and maxim? I don't use these because ur putting more water down.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jamesh921

Name
James
Yes - Maxim. A totally respectable product.

I understand that everyone has their favorites - and can argue their effectiveness, pros and cons.

I know you like Hardball - and that's fine.

I have no problem with that.

But, to say it's the "ONLY" product that works is, well ..... stupid and irresponsible.

So, are you saying that Maxim and every other product on the market sucks and that only Hardball should be sold and used?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im open to maxim. But was under the imoression that it will take carpets longer to dry. Hell I hate pumping it up. Im open to pros and cons of both products.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Yes, Maxim will add moisture to the carpet, which will ad about an hour to the drying time.

I cleaned my carpets the other day just to check dry times again - Almost completely dry in 1.5 hours. Add another hour for protector and dry in less than 3 hours is absolutely acceptable.

Plus, using the HF is WAYYYY faster than a pump sprayer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Protecting from soil or stains?

I love Kleenshield.

I put it in my cleaner/prespray... Let it dwell for 10 minutes and it protects with acid dye blockers....AND it boosts the cleaning power.

Yes, you can use this withe HWE IF you let it dwell first.

I'm no chemist..... I just follow the directions.

I've done the side by side koolaide test and it does work.

Here's the product..... I love limited steps in production!

http://vacaway.com/vaKleenShield/

Huge for upsells.

I don't have to worry about putting down a "soil resistor"....I don't leave any sticky residue behind so the carpets resist soil on their own. !gotcha!

Just sayin

But there is one on the side that does both..... Not sure of the application because I've never used it.

http://vacaway.com/vaRhinoShield/

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Multisprayer, an electric sprayer is going to give you the most consistant spray.

Hydroforce is easier but just as with your prespray it give that big jolt when you first trigger it and adds a lot more water and protectant than you want in in that burst. Gets a little too airborne for me too.

Pump ups while they do a decent job can be dificult to keep consistant pressure but mainly look a little less than professional.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just bought a hudson battery sprayer that holds 4 gallons.

Will use it only for protector now.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh,

I use a pepsi sprayer with a powerwashing wand. I charge it up with a black n decker compressor AC/DC which is really cool.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I was looking at the Hardball website. They offer an electric sprayer that charges in the truck. While is seems like a noble idea, I haven't heard much of anyone say anything about it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've heard of that before, doesn't Stanley Steamer have theirs setup like that?

I thought Multisprayer used to offer that feature too but I don't see it on their website.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I'm considering buying it VS Scotchgard for two reasons. First, much of my competition is offering protectant and deodorizing included with price. It's a two bird-one stone deal if needed. Secondly is the cost which is 50% less. There's been a few guys here that use it and think it's a great product, so I looked into it.

One of the package deals is the chem with a rechargeable sprayer. While it seems like a great idea, and they claim is.. I again have to question the durability of it with it's cost.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If u use ur hf, u have to. Run vinegar through it. Then turn off ur chemical at ur machine and run it all the way threw till u see clear water. Just to apply protector with ur hf. This seems like a pain in the butt to me. Right or wrong?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Brian R said:
Scotchgard is a name like Kleanex

People call it that when they really mean protector.
Scotchgard is a fiercely protected brand name of 3M for a proprietary product.

People ASK for it because 3M has spent millions promoting and developing it.

If you use a competing product, SAY SO.

Jamesh921

Name
James
If u use ur hf, u have to. Run vinegar through it. Then turn off ur chemical at ur machine and run it all the way threw till u see clear water. Just to apply protector with ur hf. This seems like a pain in the butt to me. Right or wrong?

I've never done that, but I don't run detergents thru my machine either- only acid rinses.

And I never run vinegar thru it, and I've rebuilt it only once in 11 years.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Should u not run the acid rinse out? Or u just apply it with the protector? I would think mixing them. Would be wrong

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I have a HF already. I could buy another one I guess. They are the same pice.

I am debating what an electric pack would work a little better... you get the same results with it VS blasting water from your TM through it?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I wouldn't use a HF sprayer, especially the "evolution" very inaccurate. I like to use the corded multi-sprayer, though I used the batt. Omni sprayer before that it worked fine also.

You can get the Omni or the Multi sprayer that has the van charger. I really like the corded sprayer just cause you don't have to worry that for some reason it wasn't charged when you needed it :evil: . Also you don't have the weight of the batt. to lug around.

I like the Multi sprayer over the Omni because the Omni is kind of big and awkward to carry especially when full, and takes up a bit more room in the van. The Omni has a 1/5 gal. bigger jug though.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Should u not run the acid rinse out? Or u just apply it with the protector? I would think mixing them. Would be wrong

Well now that's a good question. I would "think" that mixing an acid rinse with the SG wouldn't hurt a thing (that' why I've been doing it for the past 11 years). But, I'm no chemist. Maybe someone who knows will chime in and let us know.

I wouldn't use a HF sprayer, especially the "evolution" very inaccurate.

Well, I can't argue that point with you, but I'd sure like to see some "accurate documentation" showing whether you are right or wrong.

You can get the Omni or the Multi sprayer that has the van charger. I really like the corded sprayer just cause you don't have to worry that for some reason it wasn't charged when you needed it . Also you don't have the weight of the batt. to lug around.

I like the Multi sprayer over the Omni because the Omni is kind of big and awkward to carry especially when full, and takes up a bit more room in the van. The Omni has a 1/5 gal. bigger jug though.

Battery opertated sprayers always have to be charged (sometimes fails/inconvenient).

Electric sprayers always need electric (not always available).

HF sprayers always need a water feed (but so does cleaning the carpet).

If you have enough room on the van, it'd be great to be prepared for every situation. Unfortantely, we don't always have that option.

So, which option is best for you is up to you to figure out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Well now that's a good question. I would "think" that mixing an acid rinse with the SG wouldn't hurt a thing (that' why I've been doing it for the past 11 years). But, I'm no chemist.

years ago at a CAD, one of the Prochem wheels said acid rinses contaminate protectant and causes lose of efficacy

we use an elect sprayer

Multi-Sprayer is the best currently on the market ..period

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Why rely on a pump and battery when compressed air works so well. It cost me all of about $75 to build my pepsi can sprayer...I bought the cans used and bought the spray gun from Northern Tools.

You can buy a complete pepsi sprayer for probably about the same as a electric sprayer new I think....Not sure.

I bought the black n decker compressor from Home Depot or Lowes for around $25 and I just plug it into the outside home plug while I'm getting everything else ready....Or plug it into my cig lighter in the truck.

Takes about 5 minutes to charge it to 60PSI or a little longer for 80psi.

Pick it up, bring it in and it will spray down a mid size house really well.

You can get a 3 gallon pepsi keg for protectant if you like to put it on after the clean.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Why rely on a pump and battery when compressed air works so well

cause soda fountain tanks are a PITA to use compared to 'lectric sprayers

so is/was that gOOfy azz garden hose HF you were blow hole'ing about a couple years ago :lol:

you're salesman, Brian, not CC'er
Stick to what you know about !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ruff Hewn said:
Why rely on a pump and battery when compressed air works so well

cause soda fountain tanks are a PITA to use compared to 'lectric sprayers

so is/was that gOOfy azz garden hose HF you were blow hole'ing about a couple years ago :lol:

you're salesman, Brian, not CC'er
Stick to what you know about !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

Actually the pepsi keg is easy...The garden thing was a pain because of the houses in TX have screwed up locations for the water hook up AND there were too many components in the deal......Hey, at least I tried it out dude. shiteatinggrin
Not too mention the ratio was never consistant and the encap chems clog the little parts of the HF.

I've yet to have a clog in the pepsi sprayer.

What's the pro's of an electric sprayer vs con's of a pepsi sprayer? And vice versa.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Every room has a plug in, fast easy, plug and spray.

Air Compressor? Why add complexity of another component waiting to fail you. To each his own but the air tank looks heavier than injection mold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom