Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
If you're here at ICE in Vegas I'd love to meet you. I'll be demonstrating the color restoration process on this Shiraz Persian Rug and would be happy to show you how our airbrush works and demonstrate the dyes.

Also, if you want to see how our ColorCue app works, now's your chance! Come see how it automatically calculates all of the colors for you, making the process of matching colors quick and easy.

I got to meet quite a few people yesterday that I've been interacting with for years. Would love the chance to meet others.

Wishing you all a pleasant day

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_6883.JPG

IMG_6882.JPG

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
It was great to meet many of you here today at ICE! Thanks for stopping by our booth. Here is the Persian Shiraz Rug that we used today as a demonstration of our rug color restorations using the airbrush. We had a great turnout of people who were fascinated by the process.

Hope to meet more of you here tomorrow. :)

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_8080.JPG

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I appreciate the effort in restoring the appearance of the rug but I wonder how it affects the value of collectible rugs.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Really enjoyed meeting you. Awesome demonstration. Very impressive. Jim, Ian, and Jessica.
It was great to meet you as well, Jim! Thanks for stopping by our booth. It's always nice to get to know others. I could tell that you were really interested in the demos that we were doing :)

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I appreciate the effort in restoring the appearance of the rug but I wonder how it affects the value of collectible rugs.
You raise a very good point, Clean. There's such a thing as "over-restoring" a rug. You need to be careful not to do this as it would make them rug look tacky and could actually diminish the value of it. Having said that, a properly done color restoration will actually add value to the rug, much like a proper restoration of an old car or motorcycle.

Here's an example of a subtle color restoration that restored a $20,000 silk Persian rug back to its original color which actually increased the value of the rug and resulted in a higher written appraised value.

IMG_8682.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom