Are you guilty?

Mikey P

Administrator
of being an "Over Presprayer?:(

you know.. however you apply your magic juice you keep spraying until the spot is gone
?:lol:

Hydroforce users (myself included) tend to be the most guilty at it but even pump up and Multisprayer guys do it too.
.:pig:

It may work on a small job where you can remember where you just forced all the crap to the back of the carpet and give it a good suck mopping but more than likely you just insured ultra slow dry times in that/those areas and a possible wick back..:neutral::icon_question:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stair cases, Commercial Glue Downs, Olefin Berbers... It's just so tempting but I think we all need to remind ourselves with a drive way test once in a while of just how much liquid or devices re really putting out with one pass..
Do the driveway test today or tomorrow, take your pre-sprayer of choice outside and find some dense concrete, or better yet spray a large Hefty sack and watch just how much you are really putting down.
Have your crews/techs do this too for a real wake up call.
:eekk::eekk::eekk:

fess up punk, are YOU guilty?:confused:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Us?

Never! :icon_redface:

Spraying-1.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am having a hard time getting my son to not spray encap solution as heavy as he does HWE prespray. Kinda defeats the purpose of low moisture cleaning if it takes 3 hours to dry ...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Less pre spray, more shoe!

I try and have the carpet just wet enough that when the wand hits it, it's still damp. If I'm doing 3 rms upstairs and want to pre spray the whole place at one time, I'll put it on a little heavier in the last room .

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't over-prespray, but my Wifey/assistant can empty out a 3 gallon sprayer in 10 minutes, if I don't keep an eye on her.

Name
Ron lippold
We juice her down real good, I love buying stuff from les and Joyce. Plus we are like 10 percent humidity.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I am guilty sometimes on the bad areas of course. But I'm an o/o so I do make sure to rinse and extract those areas real well.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I spray its all good helper empties it all in 1 room I'm like wtH Newb. R You paying for the refill?:headbang:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's actually what I need it for.

We took the Spray systems off the Orbots and use a Multisprayer now. However on anything of any size we have to take multiple jugs or refill on the job site.

The 5-gallon one looked like a good unit. How has the battery held up?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't buy it for any fat crews though. You have to bend all the way over and touch your toes just to turn the thing on. And, when it's charging, there's no idiot light to tell you it's really charging. I have to sit there and watch it just to make sure it really is.

Name
Eric Valentine
I am guilty of over-prespraying. When I used a pump up and a porty, I could spray a whole house (3 BR, LR, Stairs, Hall) with a 2.5 gallon sprayer. When I got a Mytee Big BOSS sprayer, I would use all 5 gallons on the same house (the carpet seemed to clean up better too). Now I use a Spraymaster inline sprayer with no tip (4:1), and use about 1/2 - 2/3 of a jug, so it is about the same as the BOSS sprayer.
The BOSS was a good balance of speed and knowing what your dilution rate was for the prespray. With the BOSS, I had NO problen with where the switch is located, and I am far from skinny. The Spraymaster is the fastest by a huge margin, but different pressures result in different dilution rates.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It that the electric or corded? I need one for the OP cleaning we do. Tired of changing jugs on the Sprayborg.

Funny you should mention that. My newest project.....

How.gif

The Chavez Deluxe model ( to keep you from napping in your office)

imagesqtbnANd9GcQB-HrtfNXwu4gOhb4SCWJ-4O_9azAHM38SWfzfQU0u7xgb-uS05rfXuVxHlg.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom