Are you using the Vac A Way line yet?

TimP

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
TimP said:
the gum getter is great to get gum up....what I have found that works the best on gum is judson O2 straight

Hopefully is not in a traffic lane and you leave a clean spot.

Never had this problem at all....if you leave a cleaner spot just because of a spotter then you didn't do your job in the first place IMO. I've actually found judson o2 will remove tiny candy or gum spots in a rtu form for cleaning. Anything big and you need it straight....it's a good spot cleaner straight and it rinses no problem.

Greenie

Get the label thing fixed and it's a gold mine.
I loved Hel-Gel and Cyclone HWE, amazing stuff.

We just need it out west. Should I stock the stuff?

tim

Red Vanish, Helgel, Cyclone HWE...cant be beat! Cyclone on grease and filtration lines...add fels naptha, filter lines melt away, best ever! Now someone make liquid fels naptha. million $$$ idea

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Greenie said:

Hell yes!!!, it usually takes 1 week for the shipment to arrive, get in on the Poof program as well.

Name
Nate W.
Jim Nazarian said:
Greenie said:

Hell yes!!!, it usually takes 1 week for the shipment to arrive, get in on the Poof program as well.

It's shows Brian Desemple of Oregon "Cleaner's Supply Warehouse" is a distributor on vacaway's website.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

TimP

Hot knife is their encap cleaner....the others have encap properties but are made for HWE. I don't know if you can scrub and run with the others or not to be honest but I don't think you can.

Raedan

Tried Hot Knife. Wasn't any better than What I use now. Didn't try their spotters yet.

Joe

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Most of their spotters will crystallize except for Cyclone which comes in two versions, one that crystallizes and one that is for HWE. The one for HWE has a little more kick to it (and is cheaper).

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I should take a picture of the bottles and have people identify them. I feel screwed because I bought the whole spotting kit for like a $150 bucks and couldn't use anything except hel gel and gumout

SteveSmith

Hi Greg...

No need to feel screwed, all you have to do is call us toll free at 1-877-333-9964 and we will take care of any problem up to and including a complete refund.

We have searched our database and can't find where we sold you anything... I even contacted you privately on this board and asked you to call with your company name and shipping information so we could take care of any problem. Your reply was that you loved the Hel-Gel, but you still did not provide your shipping information.

You mentioned that you could use the "gumout"... Sorry, we do not have any such product called "gumout". If there was a product called "gumout" in the kit you bought, then you did not buy it from us...There is another company that sells gumout and also hel-gel.

Your name, company name, phone number nor city shows up in our VacAway customer database. Please give us a call so we can help you... We'll help you even if it was a kit from another company.

Thanks,

Steve Smith
1-877-333-9964

ron markam

I have used all of his spotters.The only two I know of that has to be rinsed out is cyclone hwe, and rust assassin .Although I have used cyclone hwe while bonnett cleaning.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Steve:

I fell screwed too. I've never been told about your gum-out product and I need a few of those bad chemicals so I can bitch too.

I'm feeling left out!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well then, you can understand how pissed I am for missing an opportunity to bitch about VacAway.

Now I'm gonna have to go and make something up to compete with Greg's story.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jeremy said:
Let the Hel Gel sit for a minute & agitate with a gumgetter.... If is a big peice add a little more & agitate again. Sometimes Pig Out works better on the hard crusty ones.

Chad, Jeremy is correct, the gumgetter is the proper tool to agitate gum with it's sharp serrated edge. You can use any orange solvent or thick POG.

Note to Steve Smith: I just received your sample pack of chemicals. Thanks. Great marketing idea getting the product into the hands of the end user. I'm looking at your Hel-Gel right now. It looks like a winner being it is an orange solvent in a glycerine type base that won't penetrate into the carpet backing, delaminating it.

SteveSmith

Art,

Squirt out a couple of drops on a hard surface and allow it to dry... If you do so, you will find that, unlike any competitive product, it will dry completely to a non sticky powder. Hel-Gel is the only citrus based product that will NOT leave any sticky residue behind.

Thanks for giving our products a try,

Steve

Chads

Supportive Member
no offense to vac-aways stuff but that hel-gel aint doing it for me so far I will post what works the best that I have tried.

1. Power-gel ( except you have to follow up with pro-solve)

2.Pro-solve by itself. kinda spendy and still dosent cut the cake

3.Prochem citrus gel

4. Hel-gel

5.Chemspec green label citrus gel

Anyway I'm not happy with any of these products I even tried a iron and towel with a combination of three of the above products with still little to no luck or a big sticky mess.
I guess this is how great products get made by a unknown someone out looking for a resolution to a problem.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Wow, that is one heck of an offer Steve Smith made! Talk about not only backing your stuff, but backing someone elses...that goes beyond Great customer service...
I think maybe I need to try his stuff now too.

TimP

The hell gell does work. And works well.....like I said before Judson O2 straight is the most economical and easiest to use. Prochem gel break is a laugh, yeah it works but not near as well as the others mentioned above. I guess gum is different out in california.

For all you guys having trouble with gum get a Gum Getter....put your chems down dwell a bit and scrub with the gum getter. If you don't have a gum getter it's like cleaning without glides....as in you're working way too hard to get the job done!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Through emails I found out that it wasn't Vacaway who labeled the spotting kit I got it was CCSOP not Vacaway. Some of the kit was vacaway products relabeled.
Even though I never made a purchase from vacaway steve offered to credit some product to me. I declined but will be placing an order with him Friday. Great customer service even to a not yet customer.

Chads

Supportive Member
Okay I have tried hel gel in this process on several gum spots. this is the order took a carpet shark ruffed up the top and poked holes in it put hel-gel on it poked more holes in it waked away for twenty minutes come back hit it with the wand a little comes up turns in to a big gooey mess put more hel-gel on it rub it in a little wait another ten minutes extract still sticky goo I'm not going to mess with them much more scissors come out bam. yeah that hel-gel works!!!!!!!!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Chads said:
Okay I have tried hel gel in this process on several gum spots. this is the order took a carpet shark ruffed up the top and poked holes in it put hel-gel on it poked more holes in it waked away for twenty minutes come back hit it with the wand a little comes up turns in to a big gooey mess put more hel-gel on it rub it in a little wait another ten minutes extract still sticky goo I'm not going to mess with them much more scissors come out bam. yeah that hel-gel works!!!!!!!!

Dude.. You're doing it wrong.

TimP

Just ordered some spot cleaners and the Grime Reaper stuff and Some Shatter as an emulsifier.

I saw that they sell a carpet protector for a decent price.....does anyone use it and if so any experiences. Only thing I noticed so far is that there is no mention of an acid dye blocker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom