At what temps do you call-off scheduled appts?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Do you reschedule jobs at low temperatures if so how low?

13° here this morning. High will be a summer hot 21° later around 2-3pm. Wind speed is about 13mph with gust of about 28mph.
Pretty much same for tomorrow.

Had to reschedule both today and tomorrow til Wednesday highs 50°

Call me a wuss, I ain’t risking possible headache repairs in this weather for Mrs Crazy Daisy.

steve_64

Its -9 this morning. I could clean but I'm going to wait because there is no rush on this one.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
0, People understand above and below zero, but they don't understand the difference between 30 and 10 degrees or -10 and -20. With a CDS unit I have run below zero but a slide in I don't like to.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Depends more on the customer's needs and urgency. We CAN clean at near zero F. but prefer to not take those chances lightly.

I'm in western Kentucky and customers are sensitive even with a seal a door. Today I'm pushing first job back to 10am. It's 18 F. now, hopefully in the mid 20's then.

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
We are all wimps in New Jersey. I don't like to work under 20 and customers understand. If it's windy, that makes it worse. 20 is more like 10.
What happens if your van breaks down ? Starter goes or something.
Even using seal a door you still let some cold air in the house.
It's 8 now in Jersey and only one job this week. Getting warmer on Wednesday.
I also try to schedule afternoon when it's warmer.
Also when I schedule work I explain to customer about weather issues. That way if I want to cancel they understand.
I'm going to the gym everyday this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We are all wimps in New Jersey. I don't like to work under 20 and customers understand. If it's windy, that makes it worse. 20 is more like 10.
What happens if your van breaks down ? Starter goes or something.
Even using seal a door you still let some cold air in the house.
It's 8 now in Jersey and only one job this week. Getting warmer on Wednesday.
I also try to schedule afternoon when it's warmer.
Also when I schedule work I explain to customer about weather issues. That way if I want to cancel they understand.
I'm going to the gym everyday this week.
[/QUOTE Saiger is saying huh? Reschedule? It's only minus 36 today.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
During winter we start a little later like others. The temp at 9am might be 5 degrees, maybe by 10am it's 10 or so degrees. Every little bit helps.

Give them as much notice as possible if canceling because of weather. Once they start moving furniture(night before) you better be there.

We have a little script that we go over about the cold when they book to give them a heads up as to how difficult it will be that day. Generally, above 0 and I''l usually try depending on wind chill.

If kids are out of school we will try to reschedule.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I just finished my first job in the 16 degree weather. My second job rescheduled and by the time I go to my third job it should be around 32. The lady at my first job did complain about the cold and that she had bronchitis. She should eat more honey. Then she wouldn’t get sick.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
First job today, -8 stairs only. 2nd job, -4 living room, bedroom. No problem, just no talking to mrs piff at all.. Fingers are still cold after being home for 30 minutes.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Left this morning at 8 am. It was -7. If I have a job, as long as its not upholstery, I will go out to do it. Its really not that big of a deal.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've worked in as low as -12 and got it done.
If I'd of known it was that cold, I likely would of scheduled for later

0-15 required more caution needed in set up to prevent freeze up before water started circulating ..but rarely rescheduled

when I was on the truck personally, temps nor snow rarely hampered my roll.
(but it's not common to have below zero highs and crazy cold lows like Saiger sees)
It wasn't til I transitioned off the truck I hesitated to send it out with much snow predicted ..temps weren't a big deal, crashing the van was

I actually rescheduled more res jobs (or gave the option) in pouring rain than cold

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Bruce
Just like Steve we were at -9 and the first job was furniture so I rescheduled. If it was carpet on the first job we would have done it.

Name
Bruce
I've replaced preheaters, brass 3-way valves, tool valves and fittings, pvc dump valves. From cleaning or extracting in freezing weather.

Sometimes it's just not worth it. It's just carpet cleaning, who really needs it that bad that it can't wait?
Some of us know how and some of us don't , it's ok Richard.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wouldn't clean in that weather. In fact I wouldn't live in that weather. You guys are tough up there!

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

that's stupid cold, man!

my friends just move too edmonton canada stupid cold too

Name
Jeff T
that's stupid cold, man!

my friends just move too edmonton canada stupid cold too
That’s where I was born. Yup. It gets down below -40( when you hit -40, it’s tge same in Celsius as Fahrenheit).... VERY COLD.... and a brutal wind on top of it.... either your friends are very foolish, or are making lots of $$$$$......

Reactions: Cleanworks

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
That’s where I was born. Yup. It gets down below -40( when you hit -40, it’s tge same in Celsius as Fahrenheit).... VERY COLD.... and a brutal wind on top of it.... either your friends are very foolish, or are making lots of $$$$$......

they won't be homeless that's for sure. these people are gold. sad they moved but very happy for them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom