At what temps do you call-off scheduled appts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do condos every day without windows steaming up. Even in the winter, there's nothing wrong with opening the windows a crack. Forced air systems continuous clean the air and usually homes are very dry because of the heat. Good to add a little moisture. If it really bothers you, you can vent your portable to the outside.
I thought you were from Canada? Sounds more like Imagi'Nation. 😂

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't know that we have ever rescheduled a job because of the cold temperatures. The one thing we make sure of is to keep the truck closed up and also to get the water running as quickly as possible. My rule of thumb is you have 60 seconds from the time the solution line hits the ground to have it running. Once it is heated up, there don't seem to be any issues.

This Wednesday our high temperature for the day is forecast to be -1. Fun, fun, fun...

@Brian H!!! 88325

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Leaving Chicago. Governor of MN closed schools next two days

We have cleaning and going to make the effort to do it.

Not as cold as before but cold.

Older I am less desirable to do this but going to prepare and get it done.

Harsh from warm to sudden cold!

20190128_170458.jpg20190128_101234.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

In 85 I flew out of ohare heading to Germany. It was 50 below wind chills. They de iced the plane for about an hour before taking off. Man that was a cold day.
Suppose to be a high of -1 wedsnday here. Should freeze some pipes.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Jeff T
Actually winter brings in lots of extra work for me.... I do ALL the CC, uph, and area rugs for a large resto company. Case in point, today, at the end of the day, I went to their warehouse, cleaned a mattress and box spring, 6 dining chairs, and a recliner.... I also picked up 11 area rugs to be cleaned.... bring on the cold....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Actually winter brings in lots of extra work for me.... I do ALL the CC, uph, and area rugs for a large resto company. Case in point, today, at the end of the day, I went to their warehouse, cleaned a mattress and box spring, 6 dining chairs, and a recliner.... I also picked up 11 area rugs to be cleaned.... bring on the cold....
What fools!

We did all our cleaning in house. They are crazy not to have their own staff processing that work.

Name
Jeff T
What fools!

We did all our cleaning in house. They are crazy not to have their own staff processing that work.
Even though I agree with that statement, they’ve had MAJOR issues with finding qualified people to do the cleaning. When I first started for them, the first 10-12 jobs were callbacks from the guy they had doing it.... I’ve been their go to for about 2 years now, and they throw me probably 3-5k a month worth of work.... I’ve yet to let them down. I even am on the rotation for ‘on call’ for flood extraction every 2 weeks.... I take from 6 pm- to 6 am. I’ve yet to get called out, and they pay me 150$ for it..... great deal for me....

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I feel your pain Mark. I flew to Memphis last Wednesday. We had a 15 hour flight delay getting out of Detroit.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
-8° where you are Mark. I feel bad you guys out there in the fly-over states.

Looks like i'm going to have to drudge through 70° today which sucks! I'm going to burn extra fuel when I drive around with my A/C on.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It happened... Postponed tonight's big resturuant job to next week.

Guys have three today yet in brutal cold... But this wind there is something different about it...

Last time we cleaned in crazy cold it didn't have this wind...

When it's cold and calm it's different... This cold snap is brutal feeling.

I am still in airport... Getting in sometime this afternoon and hope to pack up yet today and thaw out the Big Boy Blue Dodge 4x4 in the shop.

Leaving again tomorrow for Saiger's South!

Even restaurant owner is telling me wind is really picking up. That's rare with all our trees to get high winds that we feel.

Chris A

Name
Chris
What fools!

Same here, I work for 3 large restorers, all have carpet cleaning equipment, none of them want to hassle with cleaning carpet and furniture

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Same here, I work for 3 large restorers, all have carpet cleaning equipment, none of them want to hassle with cleaning carpet and furniture
That is so odd. Several years ago I went to a class with some very large restoration companies. Most subbed their cleaning out. Before class, I was given the cold shoulder because we did no reconstruction.

By noon I became everybody's best friend. The instructor told the class if they weren't into cleaning, they needed to be. While the sales numbers looked great for reconstruction, the real money was in cleaning and drying.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom