ate at a japenesse steak house

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Traffic lanes were sticky greesy. Droped my card off as I was leaving and before I could get to the truck the mgr ran me down. Said they were having it cleaned once a month and still looked like that. Compy said it was to dirty to come clean. So I proposed to clean a area about 100 sg ft to give him other option. If it come clean the whole place is mine. This would be the second acct I have taken from this company. I was going to use clean streak on half and o2/hot sause on the other half. I don't have a 175 but if the moneys right I might splurge. .15 cent/sq ft with out 175 and .20 with 175 does that sould like a fair bid ? This is only my second resty and I don't have a lot of exp with bidding work like this type. Any advice?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Power Burst is the best restaurant prespray I have found. You will just confuse him with a different price for the 175. I would tell him it’s $.20 a sq the first time and $.15 a Sq thereafter if he doesn’t let it go longer than 6 or 8 weeks. Rent the 175 and see how you like it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Just about every hardware store rents them with a pad driver. a red pad should be fine for pre-scrubbing commercial.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Ace, do you use a high ph through the TM? I have never done that before, but sounds like it could be benifical. The mgr said it never looks clean after the company is finished. What could be the cause of this? Is the cleaner no using a strong enough PS? I would love a little insight to this.

A

amazingcleansc

i've seen pictures from people who've encapped after they've used hwe on something like that and the results were ridiculous. might not be a bad idea if youre trying to nab the account

and if it gets it REALLY clean hit him at 25 cents a sf :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
20 cent-o-ft is good money for restaurants

hammer it with Powerburst ..2 "heaping" scoops pr gal, mixed in "hot" water.
use a whole gal on the 100sf section if it's a greasy traffic lane.

"then" set up the TM, or porty...(what ever you use) .
That gives the pre-spray max dwell time before you start extracting

one man crew with a rotary scrub takes FOREVER.
It will surely be a superior clean, but it will be tough making money, cause you won't get much more than 300 sf pr hour production...and probably less if you're responsible for moving chairs and tables too

make it 3 "generous" scoops pr gal of Powerburst on your 100sf demo, and watch Mr Watanabe's eyes light up :wink:

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have no idea what the current cleaner is doing worng other than bad TACT. Power Burst is a high PH PRE-SPRAYwith a protein digesting enzyme that will emulsify grease like no other. Use the 175 to scrub the crap out of the heavy prespray or feed it down if the 175 has a tank. Rinse with a mid PH detergent at around 230 F. IMO you would be better off post padding with a bonnet then post encaping. Unless it’s an olefin carpet you might not need to pre-scrub after you bring it up to par if he has it done every 4 weeks. In my experience the grease from beef is much easier to remove than deep fry grease, anyone that cleans hood vents will tell you the same.

The top two pics on this page is me cleaning a jap steakhouse
http://www.acesteamclean.com/index_file ... eaning.htm

I clean a Japanese sushi bar once a month. I would say the carpet looks decent for about two days. You are setting yourself up for a big failure. I would check to see what company was doing the place before so you will have an idea of what you are up against. Even if you make the place squeeky clean, the oily greasy kitchen floor and 20 employees will have the carpet greasy in less than a week. Go back a few days after you clean it and see if anything wicks back.
I had a big problem cleaning the sushi bar. I tried everything before I used Harper's mix. It worked good but no better than powerburst mixed strong. Olefin carpet and sushi bars do not go together.

I didn't notice a big improvement until I increased the flow on the rx and added glides. And most important I got my machine running like it should. I run my Everest with four to the door running the rx (7.5 flow but going back to 6) and the temp never drops below 200 and stays around 220-230 if I let off to do some dry strokes. With the glides and increased flow I can slow down and really rinse the carpet. I tried pre-scrub, post pad, sodium p. You name it I tried it. Now I just spray powerburst and suck it with a rinse agent. It looks good but when I go back a month later it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a year. Oh well. I clean another place spray and suck that looks great for a long time. I guess it depends on the carpet type.

If the company before you is using a portable with purple power in it, you will need to run an acid rinse on the job and mix it double strength. Most restaurants clean up great with a wand and spray and suck. Others need a little more work. I would personally hit the carpet with an enzyme pre-spray. Forget the purple juice. Rinse with an acid rinse or if you are generous, run an emulsifier, post spray an acid rinse, and then pad the carpet. Then just spray and suck on future cleanings.

As far as what to charge just charge a flat fee such as 250-300 etc. Find out what the other company was charging and add 50-100 dollars to it and guarantee a better job. If they will not go for that, then let them keep getting crappy work.
I doubt you need to pre-scrub. If you do, then use a red pad. I would place more emphasis on post pad.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsK5cQTA28p]

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqk1sy76Mmcp]

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8a4D_GXwswp]

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
danielc said:
You are setting yourself up for a big failure.

Come on Danny Boy, don't tel him things like that. He say's he hasn't done anything like this and he is trying to learn a little something. At the least it will be a learning experience, and if he only learns one important thing from it, it can never be looker at as a failure.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
On the ones that I do that clean every quarter or 6 months and are real greasy I use 175 to pre-scrub with a brush and Grease Cutter (1 scoop) Enzal (2 scoops) then HWE at 650 psi with extra dry stroke. This actually saves about an hour on a normal size job.

These pics are of a small job that takes about 1.5-2 hours and I make pretty good money on it. On the monthlies I seldom do more than wanding. I only use the enzal on the ones that need to be brighten up a bit.

RestMarch23001.jpg

RestMarch23002.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
How many sq ft.

Larry if it is 400 sq ft is 15 cents a sq a good price?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I would love to grab some power burst, but it seems to be similar to extreme clean? This place is going to run in the area of 1500 sq ft. Not trying to doubt your suggestions it just what I have I know 30 bucks is a small investment for success, I'm just trying not to buy 3 of the same product? Again 6 months experience is not a long time I am aware, it also not a long time to have tons of investment I chems with no bank.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Power Burst is similar to CTI’s Extreme Clean. I am not familiar with Clean Streak if it’s a high PH enzyme prespray it should work well. Power Burst is a great prespray for any rat nasty and is one of the lower cost products out there.

I don’t get it, at the beginning of the tread you were talking about buying a 175 now you’re worried about the cost of pre-spray? You will waste time and money searching for the best equipment and chemicals. The search was worth it for me because I feel like a now deliver a superior service.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
power burst and extreme clean are diff. Power burst is an enzyme prespray and Extreme Clean is a high ph prespray for olefin. The power burst would be your better bet in that situation.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Theres a chance this carpet may be full of residue from the other cleaners. A real strong prespray may not be necessary but I'd have it with me just in case. If it's cleaning up like you want it concentrate on getting it dry dry dry. Like said, come back and see how it looks. If it looks crap see if they have clean matts from kitchen to dining, maybe you can help there. I had a restaurant that I finally walked from after numerous complaints from the head manager that used to come in a few weeks after the cleaning. Waiters had to go through a greasy kitchen to pick up their orders. This place really needed to be cleaned weekly but try telling that to the management.

Albert

Bucey

Name
FFA?
ok power burst it is. yeah i understand Ace. Im just getting started and there are some many pieces of equipt that i want to get ie 175, glide, flash extractor, dehu, green horn wand, cimax, the wish list is like christmas list to santa. im sure you remember what it was like to start your comp and still have to eat and feed the kids. you know what im saying. I will more that likely get the 175 I think i can find one at or below 300 bills. I really appreciate all of the advice you all give. It has helped me extremely over the last 6 months!

Sometimes lower pressure is much better. Take the place I clean. The floor has lots of low areas. When I key the wand water sometimes puddles. It looks like I am dragging a small puddle around. The rx with glides eliminated that. Some areas I clean with the wand at 200 psi. Yes I tried 500 and it just did not work. Ryan don't make things complicated. Use a good prespray such as powerburst. The chemical will do the job. Rinse with an acid rinse. There is likely an alkaline build up. Turn the pressure back and go slow. You will have no problems. As George Zimmer says "I guarantee it."

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you're going to do a better job than the last guy I would forget the 15 cents. At that price, 1500sf is only $225. How long are you planning on spending there?

I don't know if you can get one, but Joe's jet-angle system may be a more costeffective means of upgrading your wand.
Dan's low pressure idea is a good idea if you've got a normal wand.
A good enzyme cleaner should gut the grease. Just needs a good rinse.

Educate the owner about what is causing the soiling. You, as the cleaner, can only do so much. He needs a good degreasing rinse in his kitchen, or perhaps to change the traffic pattern of the servers. I've a Chinese restaurant where I talked about that to the owner and his carpets don't get as bad now that he keeps his kitchen cleaner. Not to mention a greasy kitchen floor is a slipping hazard. If you have tile tools it may be an upsell for you. Also, by educating him, you come across as a professional that is really trying to help him rather than just another cleaner trying to take his money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rstrick said:
Traffic lanes were sticky greesy. Droped my card off as I was leaving and before I could get to the truck the mgr ran me down. Said they were having it cleaned once a month and still looked like that. Compy said it was to dirty to come clean. So I proposed to clean a area about 100 sg ft to give him other option. If it come clean the whole place is mine. This would be the second acct I have taken from this company. I was going to use clean streak on half and o2/hot sause on the other half. I don't have a 175 but if the moneys right I might splurge. .15 cent/sq ft with out 175 and .20 with 175 does that sould like a fair bid ? This is only my second resty and I don't have a lot of exp with bidding work like this type. Any advice?

Get it completly clean and charge what it's worth or you are not better than that other cleaner.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and charge more for the first clean and a little less for the maintenance cleaning.

Don't let him pull the old "If you give us a good price, we will have you back every month"...oldest trick in the book.

You tell him. "If you pay full price for first clean, we will give you an even better deal on the second clean...and then go back to regular prices for mainenance."

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
goomes said:
rstrick said:

All of those look like high speed units. You want specifically 175 rpm's, or a 2 speed with the lower speed being 175 rpm's or close.

Correct, those 4 are all burnishers. You need a rotary 175, you can find a 2 speed 175/300rpm, but all you need is a prescrubber. Later on save your $ and get a Cimex. There was a guy in Raleigh that sold his on Ebay for $900 few months ago. They work well with powerbust gravity feeded thru fiber max(gray) pads.

Your first cleaning is going to be a restoration cleaning, like Ron said, you might want to charge more, first cleanings take longer, helper would be ideal. Call Clark Lancaster and get some of his pads, they're about $5 bucks a piece and you can use them to post pad(not bonnet!) the restaurant, after you prescrubbed and rinsed w/ your wand, I guarantee you the pads will be black. Make sure to use the Tripple Strength Encap that Jeremy sells or Release It DS, when you do the post padding. This will make the place look better, dry faster, but will add time to your cleaning, so 1st cleaning you might not make much $ but it's better than doing all over again due to wicking in certain spots.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rstrick said:
I m sorry I ment clean streak!

most pre-sprays on the market are good to very good.
only a handful are "great"
Powerburst is a "great" pre-spray.
It handles such a broad range of nastiness, that I'll guarantee it will not go to waste.

..L.t.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hey guys. Jim pemberton's got me going with grunge gone from groom industries.. it works really well and without choking you up as your spray it.. i clean alot of nasty restaurants and it works straight out of the container as the recommended dillution. without boosting it.. just figured i would share. i started using it because i want to get out of using flex and having to boost the hell outa it to cut threw the crud i do..

So try grunge gone.. it works well for me..

Scott

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Anything come of this yet Ryan?

I got sold on Cleanco's Attack years ago. I am amazed by its performance some days. Usually 16oz in the large HF container, now 8oz with a couple oz of Orange Punch has been working well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom