Back in the saddle...

HydroDude

Name
JB
Our carpet cleaning has picked up considerably this year, so decided to purchase a Sapphire 370SS w/ under tank...having it installed Thursday at JonDon Tampa...so I applied a epoxy coating...after the install I'll put a third coat to touch scuffs. Going to have it installed as if there was a side door, going to install a rv cargo hatch or possibly an actual door if I can find a kit or dealer to do it.

View attachment 1977

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice!

CAn we see what the rest of the truck looks like?

What else are you going to do with all that room?

Tell me you clicked on the Jon Don banner when you made that purchase.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I like the wrap and site, simple and clean.

I'm in the process of finding a 16 footer box and will be doing the same thing.

Keep us updated on the build.

The folks @ Jondon in St. Pete are really nice, took a SFS class there 1 year ago.

I have some questions that I'll PM you.

HydroDude

Name
JB
Thanks Bill...I'm going to change the two sides of truck where it says Emergency Dehumidification and Drying to...just Carpet Cleaning.

Mike Draper

Putting a door in the side was probably one of the easier things I did to my truck. That being said, I would install the door before I did anything else.
P1000957-1.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
had a rv place do this....pretty cheap as i just had them put 1 in from their overstock....

100_2014-1.jpg

HydroDude

Name
JB
High in the saddle only to get bucked off...apparently there is no sub-mount water tank in all the US...it had to be built and shipped ...everything was to be in today and installed Thursday and Friday...not happening...feel like I just walked off a used car lot!

Last edited:

HydroDude

Name
JB
Jon Don / Sapphire

This truckmount purchase has been the most stressful :hopeless: and disappointing experience I've ever had...for over a month now I have been working with JonDon trying to get into a new unit...wanted a ProChem but due to limited credit options I'm unqualified ..(it does not pay to be debt free, and to purchase items paid in full...) they tried to sell a used Hydramaster 427 to me that had froze and high hours...finally settled on the 370ss only to be made false promises to make a sale. :dejection:

HydroDude

Name
JB
One would not expect a ken snow to understand the flustration of an owner operator...

That's just it the cash flow is not what it once was...so credit is only option.

HydroDude

Name
JB
Jim that's what I used...approved I did order a 370 with all the bells and whistles...the problem is a promise of delivery yesterday...and installation today. I have scheduled work around this time and missed an opportunity to work on a commercial flood loss up north so I could be here. I can't get a straight anwser from anyone as to when the sub mount tank is to be delivered...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Having just bought my first Tm 400 hours ago, I completely understand your frustration dealing with tm salesman...

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Jon Don / Sapphire

Jim that's what I used...approved I did order a 370 with all the bells and whistles...the problem is a promise of delivery yesterday...and installation today. I have scheduled work around this time and missed an opportunity to work on a commercial flood loss up north so I could be here. I can't get a straight anwser from anyone as to when the sub mount tank is to be delivered...

I don't know the details here but when did you order the unit? And were all the parts in stock at the distributor?
Generally submount tanks are not is why I'm asking and shipping from Arizona takes some time. If you provide me details via a pm I'll look into it tomorrow.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mckinley do you really need the submount? Wouldn't you actually be better off with a 100 gallon tank? You could always mount it across the body with it back up against the back of the box. You could still build a rack up over the top of it so as not to lose shelf space.

The other thing you could do is a temporary install until the sub mount comes in. It will be a minor hassle to unbolt the unit but not that bad. Fuel line can remain just keep the bulkhead out of the way and wastetank can remain bolted. Bolt your hose reel from the bottom, tighen the nut then set the reel on the bolt and tighten down reel. This way if you ever need to get to the unit, you can unbolt topside.

Last edited by a moderator:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
One would not expect a ken snow to understand the flustration of an owner operator...

That's just it the cash flow is not what it once was...so credit is only option.
if its any concellation he did spare you of his normal routine where everything is deemed to be your fault stopping just within inches of calling you a worthless piece of shyt. You should have seen a thread my buddy posted about an unemployment claim filed by an employee

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You would think what Richard said would work but as a supplier that won't work especially on a lease. We don't get paid until the buyer receives and accepts the package in its entirety. So unless everyone LIES he can't leave with it half done unless the supplier is willing to assume all risk. Not going to happen at least at my shop. But we have a rental unit for reason just like this. But only a very select few qualify to rent my trailer.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
if its any concellation he did spare you of his normal routine where everything is deemed to be your fault stopping just within inches of calling you a worthless piece of shyt. You should have seen a thread my buddy posted about an unemployment claim filed by an employee

I sure hope that is not my normal routine. Sounds like I may owe your buddy and appology Jon. Can you post a link to that thread or pm me about it? I do wish I hadn't responded in this thread as I didn't realize it was a cashflow/credit issue~ which is a sensitive subject.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Jon Don / Sapphire

Ken you still don't get it...it's a simple matter of over promising and under delivering...:icon_rolleyes:

I know it's really late in the game, but is it too late to take your business else ware? To me SERVICE is the only reason to be buying locally. If you guys are stumbling out of the gate like this in the beginning....what happens when that Sapphire breaks down? Thats why its so important to be handy and be able to work on these things ourselves. Some of these big suppliers don't seem to be in touch with what us small Owner/operators have riding on our equipment. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

HydroDude

Name
JB
No it's not to late, I've been happy with Jon Don until now...and it really seem's as if it does not matter if I take business elsewhere... talked to another dist. just across the bay that has a unit in stock and was willing to stay open late and install Wednesday...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So John even if the owner is willing to risk the 90% install it would still be a no go?

Personally I'd just use a different fresh tank, you can never have enough water whether its for carpet cleaning or sewage backflows.

As far as Ken, the guy sincerely wants to help. If someone feels he stepped on their toes he didn't do it maliciously. He's always helped me and asked nothing in return, great guy in my book.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom