Bane clean Paramount - pimped options?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Ive got a buddy that I would like to help him get a little more effective/efficient on carpet jobs.

He is currently set up stock from the factory.

More vacuum?
More flow?
More heat?
Which wand is the best? Glide? Rotary machine?

What have some of you guys done with yours? He does a pretty good job considering. I want to help him "enjoy" it a little more.

Thanks.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Hi Bryan,

Does your friend have the older belt drive model or the newer direct drive system?

Name
Lee Stockwell
There are lots of possibilities.

Back in the preInternet era Bane kept a lid on user tweeks by keeping us isolated from each other and by regular dire warnings not to fiddle with their "patented system".

Many improvements we the users made, and tried to share against Bane's ridicule, were often later adopted by them with no credit to the real innovators.

HEAT: ditch the AWTC valve, as it's only function was to LIMIT heat....good grief. (Yes they recently ditched it)
Use bigger hose (1") instead of the 3/4" they use. Move the hose connections from the heater hose circuit to Tees off the radiator hoses.

more...

VACUUM: Tee in one or two Lamb vacuums. Several possibilities for configuration. I can show you the variables.

PRESSURE: The Moyno pump they use can run well above what they set it. However electric motor amperage limits will have to be addressed with at least a second cord.

If you stay all electric go to 10ga extension cords.

much more...

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
boazcan said:
It was bought new 5 years ago - does that help? If not, I will call and ask him.
In 2005 they came out with the direct drive 2 power cord model. It was supposed to offer more vacuum and pressure and I think it has a small heater on it when you go portable with it.

Junior mentioned the mods that Vincent Sapp did and which I considered doing. My Paramount is the older design but was barely used when I purchased it from Bane. It made me a good amount of money and never broke down. It only has about 500 hours on it now. It cleaned good but because it had such low pressure, heat and vac it took a long time to clean. I picked up a used rotary drimaster and that really improved my results and time. I don't use my drimaster as much since getting the SteamWay back in service. But the 360/360i, Hoss have since come out and are also considerations.

I decided the money I'd spend to pimp my Bane was equal to or more than what I'd spend to fix up the SteamWay I got with the business. Haven't decided if I'll try to sell the Bane and save for a newer unit or keep it as a pet project and do the upgrades Lee mentioned and keep as a back up. I'm leaning toward putting it up for sale. I hate to see it just sit.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Good points by all. Thank you.

I was thinking the same thing as far as investing too much money into the unit.

It is a two cord model. I tried hooking up my greenhorn to it, but didn't see any difference in appearance or moisture. I let him use my icapsol crb and it has helped his time some and end result.

I will share these results and see what he wants to try.

F

FB7777

I agree with Lee, Vincent Sapp pimped his Bane real good

Propane heat ( I did that when I ran Bane )
Ford king vac booster
500 PSI pressure pump instead of the stock Bane pump

Took up the whole van and still only has the suck of a portable

Most important thing to do is improve the vacuum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom