Banning fakers/ multiple alias......

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
We can only hope Mikey stands behind this rule and only allows people to post under their "Real Name" otherwise it means nothing.

Bob Foster

hogjowl said:
Bob says having fewer profiles will increase our posting volume. Not sure I follow the logic, but really DGAS.

Well I do.

If people are required to fill out their profile completely they will be more accountable for their remarks.

If people are more accountable they will be less careless or inconsiderate on what they post.

If posting is more civil then the silent majority we are aware of would be more inclined to participate.

The more people that actually post will increase the quality of information available on the board.

The higher the quality of information the board provides the more members we will attract.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bob,

Everything you just said is true....... provided that;

1. The rule is enforced, without exception.
2. The rule remains in effect with a degree of permanence.
3. People begin to trust those in a position to enforce the rules, will do so.

I guess we'll see.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been waiting for this since the beginning of this board. I'm sure it will be a good thing, although a few of the more paranoid will protest.

Thanks,
Lee

Mikey P

Administrator
I missed this thread.

Tomas Noble wont bend to the new rule but FCC Fred want to continue to read but not post.

Aside from dumping most of Terje's bogus ID's these two guys are the only issues I've had so far.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I'd like to hear Thomas and Freds reasons for their stance.

One thing that I do think is non-negotiable is the the twon you live in is must be accurate.
It is simply not fair or acceptable for Fred or Thomas to read their neighbor's thoughts and ideas and problems without those neighbors knowing that their competitors are here also.

If there is a justifiable reason for a phony Profile then it must be verified by the Admins and if there are direct competitors to that phony they should know about it and agree to it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
harryhides said:
I'd like to hear Thomas and Freds reasons for their stance.

One thing that I do think is non-negotiable is the the twon you live in is must be accurate.
It is simply not fair or acceptable for Fred or Thomas to read their neighbor's thoughts and ideas and problems without those neighbors knowing that their competitors are here also.

If there is a justifiable reason for a phony Profile then it must be verified by the Admins and if there are direct competitors to that phony they should know about it and agree to it.

I agree with hArrY....................................... :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I assume you mean the town your business is in not necc the town you live in?

Mine is listed as oen of my facilities, the largest and where we dispatch our trucks and have our Rug Spa. It is not where I live. Who gives a hoot about that?

I always say " All censorships exist to prevent any one from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently the first condition of progress is the removal of censorships." Mikeysboard is an idea that has not withstood time . Time to put this old dog out of its misery.

Mikey P

Administrator
Personally, I really dgas because I know most everybody here.

But for the sake of the future growth of this board I will make it mandatory that the user's city and sate are in the profile to the left.

Mikey P

Administrator
White-Magic rebuilder said:
[quote="Mikey P":2rxkhnns]Oh look, it's Rob Allen.

Banner and chem sales down so you come slumming here?

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius. Thanks for the never ending compliments .

Rob.[/quote:2rxkhnns]

So Rob, did you find a willing hotel maid at the Hilton?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom