Basement cleaning

DennyH

Would you clean a basement with no windows wich means no air flow longer time to dry.He had a flood down there cause there is a big water stain.Possible mold.Should i clean!!! Or will i be responsible for any mold growth..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
DennyH said:
Would you clean a basement with no windows wich means no air flow longer time to dry.He had a flood down there cause there is a big water stain.Possible mold.Should i clean!!! Or will i be responsible for any mold growth..
If the basement cannot be ventilated with the furnace fan running and their is no possible way of ventilating it,chances are good it has air quality issues. I would point this out to them and let them know that cleaning the carpet and leaving it in such an environment could cause even more indoor air quality problems than they already have. I would suggest to them that you can clean it and then install a dehumidifier and air movers with an ozone or such a machine for at least 48 hrs.
Doing a job half ass will only make you look bad.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you could always treat it with an antimicrobial first, then clean and rinse.
If you do a thorough extraction, use some fans, and then put some heat down there, should be enough air circulation from convection to dry the carpet.
If you're really worried about it, put in a dehum and some fans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom