Best high end portable

Deluxe

I have a feeling this topic has been beat to crap on this board but I'm not seeing a search function so I'll just throw it out there again.

Best porty...name a winner in the following 2 catagories:

-No-budget-estrictions Cadillac
-Best bang for your buck

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'll take a shot at it:

1. Mytee LTD
* 1000 PSI Triplex Plunger Pump
* Dual Hi-Airwatt 3-Stage Vacs w/Tapered Fans
* Auto-Fill System
* Pump-Out System
* $2799
http://http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=4971
Bentley Wand - $499 :
http://http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=4807

2. Breeze
* Dual Hi-Airwatt 3-Stage Vacs
* 500 PSI Pump
* $2099
http://http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85&products_id=1312

Larry

FyreLyter

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Dillon
No budget restrictions? Truckmount dude.

But if not then I think Cobb has hit it on the head. I have an older mytee speedster that I've modified for autofill with chem injection and autodump.

The LTD has that from the get-go. Do your research and you'll find that mytee has a great product line.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Avoid ANYTHING with pumptec pumps - they don't last, as I've burned through 5 in the last 2 years.Aluminum is a piss poor product to make a pump out of. Sorry Larry- facts are facts and the machines you sell all have pumptec rubbish in them.
Cue the supply side telling me I'm full of shit.Maybe they will provide me with free replacements as pumptec refused to replace one that was a month old. One friggin month and NO warranty? Overnight shipping that took a week? Pay for return shipping on a defective item? Bullshit and more BULLSHIT.

RUN FROM PUMPTEC.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
The mytee ltd is pretty nice. no doubt if I have the cash thats my next porty.
I would say on a budget the mytee 1003 dx or the m5, or the m12 if you do tile

FyreLyter

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Dillon
Willy P said:
Avoid ANYTHING with pumptec pumps - they don't last, as I've burned through 5 in the last 2 years.Aluminum is a piss poor product to make a pump out of. Sorry Larry- facts are facts and the machines you sell all have pumptec rubbish in them.
Cue the supply side telling me I'm full of shit.Maybe they will provide me with free replacements as pumptec refused to replace one that was a month old. One friggin month and NO warranty? Overnight shipping that took a week? Pay for return shipping on a defective item? Bullshit and more BULLSHIT.

RUN FROM PUMPTEC.

I tend to agree. That's what I have in mine and if I wasn't mechanically inclined I would tear my hair out. What else is out there that is not a diaphragm pump?

I also understand that the LTD has a triplex plunger pump. If I could get my hands on one of those that would be awesome.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
FyreLyter said:
I also understand that the LTD has a triplex plunger pump. If I could get my hands on one of those that would be awesome.
The LTD will have a durable triplex plunger pump.

They ARE better pumps . . .

but most machines just don't have the room for them.

Larry

Deluxe

Interesting notes here to compare. I actually have a speedster but the draw back on it for me is that it is the version with no auto pumpout or fresh water pump-in... the low PSI capabilitly and the poor vac performance is also a bum out.

Tell me about some mods I can do to bring it up to snuff!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jason;

Mytee has rotomolded a new bottom compartment for the LTD,

that has more room for the mods.

You can modify your machine with newer vacs & pump, but room will be limited.

Larry

Brett

Air hog would give you your power increase and apo. If your speedster has 1 1/2 vac port , installing a 2 inch will help. With the air hog 2 inch ID filter for good air flow and using a piglet filter, you can remove your speedster filter and float, helps a little with suction.

Name
John LaBarbera
Tomorow or Friday we will put a new Speedster LTD 5 with the General pump up for auction on Mikeys board with pictures maybe a vid. As usual, all proceeds go to support our favorite board.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Best high end portable

John LaBarbera said:
Tomorow or Friday we will put a new Speedster LTD 5 with the General pump up for auction on Mikeys board with pictures maybe a vid. As usual, all proceeds go to support our favorite board.

Does that mean they'll be shipping soon? :-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:

Vacuum system? What kind of motor for the pump?Amp draw? A/F,A/D? auto chem?

( I ask all the hard questions)

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":3sik00q0]Tomorow or Friday we will put a new Speedster LTD 5 with the General pump up for auction on Mikeys board with pictures maybe a vid. As usual, all proceeds go to support our favorite board.

Vacuum system? What kind of motor for the pump?Amp draw? A/F,A/D? auto chem?

( I ask all the hard questions)[/quote:3sik00q0]

It's only hard if you don't know the answers.

Name
John LaBarbera
Just messing with you, Willy.

You asked good questions.

1/2 hp marathon pump motor dual capacitor (start and run) 6 amps

Dual 3 stage 144" 230 cfm (air parallel set up) with the ability to add dual air series or air parallel

a/f, a/d, chem injection, defoam injects

Name
John LaBarbera
Re: Re: Best high end portable

joey895 said:
John LaBarbera said:

yes

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All this interest in a portable!

All I want to know John/Larry etc; is: How to get over the deep depression that envelopes me after using a portable.

I'd run hoses to the tenth floor to avoid the damn thing (no offense meant John, you make fine mostly black and blue machines.)

Are there any pills included to help us get over the funk? :p

Name
John LaBarbera
Ofer Kolton said:
All this interest in a portable!

All I want to know John/Larry etc; is: How to get over the deep depression that envelopes me after using a portable.

I'd run hoses to the tenth floor to avoid the dams thing (no offense meant John, you make fine mostly black and blue machines.)

Are there any pills included to help us get over the funk? :p

May be we need to include some good Cali wine!

Name
John LaBarbera
nickname for this Speedster is Willy-de-Beast. Willy inspired us to build this unit with this pump in it. It's been a long time coming. I still have nightmares of his machine that caught fire. (May it rest in peace)

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Re: Best high end portable

John LaBarbera said:
joey895 said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":1i6l8qtp]Tomorow or Friday we will put a new Speedster LTD 5 with the General pump up for auction on Mikeys board with pictures maybe a vid. As usual, all proceeds go to support our favorite board.

yes[/quote:1i6l8qtp]

Awesome, :-)

I can't wait to put it to work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is it guaranteed to blow every fuse in the neighborhood John?

Other wise, hell will have to freeze over before all the ex Vortless owners are going to buy it :p

Willy P

Name
Willy P
One order of Kentucky Fried Ninja- Ofer, this blew the socks off of everything in a portable hands down.

NINJA4-1.jpg

NINJA3.jpg

Borrowed pic (To show vac booster)

boosterBox05-1.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
One order of Kentucky Fried Ninja- Ofer, this blew the socks off of everything in a portable hands down.

NINJA4-1.jpg

NINJA3.jpg

Borrowed pic (To show vac booster)

boosterBox05-1.jpg

Thanks, Willy. How did that happen?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Willy P said:

NINJA4-1.jpg

No need to explain Willy.
The picture says it all.

That sure is one mutha ......
I am in!

Pay attention John.
Can Mytee come up with a barn burner like that?
A portable for real men?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom