Best Prespray?????

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Im a newbie and wondering what you guys use?
Whats the best one out there thats economical too?
I have Rotovac's RPM & some Grease Eater right now,any thoughts on these?
Also,any good mixtures for a spray bottle spotter to carry for those tough stains?
Thanx alot for the help.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Matrix (Jon-Don)
Judson 02 ( with Hot sauce )

Fan club lineup begins in T minus ....... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Soxpac

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I had the RPM when I first started. I really liked the way it smelled.
However, I'm a Cobb's Powermax Junkie

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Im a newbie and wondering what you guys use?
Whats the best one out there thats economical too?
I have Rotovac's RPM & some Grease Eater right now,any thoughts on these?
Also,any good mixtures for a spray bottle spotter to carry for those tough stains?
Thanx alot for the help.

Bio Break is good and Prochem products are great too (especially when discounted) I'm partial to interlink supply myself.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Todd,
You need to fine a pre spray under 10ph or so. That way you can have it as your main spray, everything else(pre spray) you get will be for special circumstances.

Pretty sure flex has a ph of 12. I'd only use it on comm or super trashed.

Reactions: GCCLee

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Many good products are available. I don't think anyone can say what is the "best prespray" without knowing what you are cleaning and some other factors. Residential nylon Saxony? Commercial glue down? Moderate soils or greasy restaurant trashed carpet? How much heat do you have available? and the list can go on and on.

Flex Powder with Citrus Solv has won over many cleaners in a short time for cleaning greasy commercial carpet. Zone Perfect has long been a favorite for residential cleaning. Both products are very economical to use because of their high dilution rates.

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Scott hit the target with his response. I was trying to explain to someone from our parent company whose background lies soley in the "jan-san" market a question about presprays the other day. He was asking me why HydraMaster/Cleanmaster had 8 different presprays (along with our major competitors having almost as many or more), when a typical "jan-san" line of carpet cleaning products had one, or two at the most.
Professional carpet cleaners are asked to deep clean and restore carpets from a wide variety of installation environments exposed to a whole bunch of different soiling conditions. Many cleaners today prefer to use an ultra-concentrated "do-all" product like FastBreak HD. They are effective on even heavily soiled carpets, yet safe enough for residential nylon and commercial wool carpets. Larger companies generally like to have the same solution on every truck so they do the same.
At the other end of the spectrum are folks that like presprays that are more tilted to the specific carpet and soiling situation they are are encountering. They may carry up to 3 to 4 different presorays on their truck. Some like high ph powders with enzyme addtives for really dirty restaurants like SoilBreak. Some prefer to use high powered powders that don't need longer dwell time like enzyme presprays do. Blitz with GreaseBreaker is a new product we introduced which we see a lot of folks switching from enzyme presprays to. Then there are the traditional high Ph liquid favorites (several have been mentioned here) like Quake. Most companies manufacturer presprays with specialized surfactants to penetrate water repelling olefin carpets like PolyBreak. We just introduced a Peroxide powered, green prespray called Release with OxyBreak.
Being new to the business, asking folks here what they use is a great start. Be thinking about whether you would prefer to find one product you really love and use it almost all the time, or whether you like the idea of matching the very best chemistry to the carpet and soiling condition you are encountering. You may go from a job with a residential carpet that is hardly used at all that is cleaned on a regular basis, to a totally trashed apartment, to a shop carpet with lots of motor oil, to a restaurant with lots of food based grease all in the same day. There is no absolute right or wrong here - just find what works the best for you, makes you faster, contributes to faster drying (because you have to take less "wet" strokes), and helps the carpet stay cleaner longer. You may choose one or you may choose two or three.

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I carry two pre sprays on the truck. A soap free product (currently bridgepoints clean free) and prochem powerburst. I use the soap free for most carpet and upholstery and powerburst for the nasty stuff and tile

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Alot of good info here,Im trying to keep it simple and to a minimum,will mainly be doing residential carpets running a portable with hot water from faucet.Do like the Rotovac RPM3 cause it has the deodorizer and defoamer already in it,dont have to buy seperate.
Does anyone else sell it besides Rotovac?
I like Chris's setup with the 2.
Anyone have a good spotter combo to use in spray bottle?Magicwand has a good idea of using Trashed Green/Citrus Pure mixed together.
Something to carry with you when cleaning.
Im gonna checkout Cobbs stuff too,its so overwhelming with everything out there.

Name
jack zerkie
When I don,t know what color the carpet is due to dirt and grease I use Cobb power max and now add the powdered floor grease remover. This is not for all carpets,I used it today on a section 8 that they were going to replace with new carpet.The carpet cleaned so well its still there and NO pre scrub.Great products if you know how to use them. jz.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
My spotter bottles consist of a slightly more concentrated mixture of our pre-sprays, with a lil this an a lil that depending on which companies we use. Always a lil citrus solv to start.

I don't like the boot scoot boogie so.....Choose yur weapons wisely!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Use Powermaxx from Cobbs. Dont listen to Cobb about dilutions he and Crazy Ray have hit the bong waaaaay too many times. In a three gallon pump up sprayer all you need is six ounces. Which means 2 ounces a gallon. Its all you need and yes I clean shitholes. Stuuff rocks.

Golden Boy

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have Enz all for pet and food stains, Prekleen for most everything else residential, Extreme clean for olefin polyester's, and a citrus concentrated spotter for stuff those don't get out, The Enz all mixed with the citrus works a lot like the extreme clean.

The difference between the extreme clean and Prekleen is the ph and per carbonate
extreme clean is way hotter ph wise and has a lot of sodium per carbonate no enzymes.

cobbs powermaxx has enzymes per carbonate and citrus never used it. what I find is gum and grease spots need a little more then what most powders can handle and a little concentrated citrus spotter is gold, that and a shoe to kick it in the teeth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom