Jim Martin
I am just not seeing a swivel on there....can you show me where

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Billy

Name
BH
I am just not seeing a swivel on there....can you show me where

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It isn't a Live Swivel, it is a static swivel that once tightened no longer swivels. Mine is just a heavier duty version than a Hardware store version.

I don't have anymore pics available of that specific part right now. Sorry

Took one, Not sure how much it will help though since the swivel isn't easily seen in pics.

yme2udyz.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that picture does not look nothing like this........

WaterInletAfter_zps932e7dc5.jpg

all I am seeing here is a nipple....a ball valve....and another nipple and the fitting....The fitting is what I was interested in but could not figure out how you are hooking up a hose to it because it does not swivel......

apparently......your water softener is plumbed to the fitting that goes straight to the float valve on the tank and it is feed off a fresh hose reel...and the fitting that I like has no purpose........

Billy

Name
BH
that picture does not look nothing like this........

WaterInletAfter_zps932e7dc5.jpg

all I am seeing here is a nipple....a ball valve....and another nipple and the fitting....The fitting is what I was interested in but could not figure out how you are hooking up a hose to it because it does not swivel......

apparently......your water softener is plumbed to the fitting that goes straight to the float valve on the tank and it is feed off a fresh hose reel...and the fitting that I like has no purpose........

It actually does swivel I promise or I couldn't hook it up. I have no float valve at all because it never worked correctly from day one & AT wasn't able to fix it for mine.

Without the fitting you are asking about I can't fill tank

From Tank out fittings in order are:

1. Tank Top

2. Tank Top Stainless Plate

3. 3/4" NPT Female x 3/4" NPT Female 90 degree Stainless. Not 100% on how it is connected to plate but not a big deal for this info.

4. 3/4" NPT Male Presto-Lok fitting

5. 3/4" Presto-Lok hose long enough to reach the welded Stainless 3/4" x 3/4" NPT Female coupling

6. 3/4" NPT Male Presto-Lok fitting

7. Welded in place 3/4" x 3/4" NPT Stainless Female Coupling

8. 3/4" NPT Male Nipple

9. 3/4" Brass Ball Valve.

10. 3/4" NPT Male Brass nipple

11. 3/4" NPT Female x 3/4" Female Garden Hose Swivel (I believe this is the part in question?)

This is the part that is easily removed in case I need to bypass the Softener allowing direct garden hose connection to be made.

12. 3/4" Male Garden Hose x 3/4" NPT Female

13. 3/4" NPT Male x 3/4" NPT Female Stainless Ninety

14. 3/4" NPT Presto-Lok Hose end fitting

15. 3/4" Presto-Lok Hose to Softener outlet

16. 3/4" Presto-Lok hose assembly not sure all parts

17. 1/2" Reducer

18. 1/2" NPT Live Swivel attached to Hose Reel.

Hope this clarify s & helps.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The pic you were showing looks threaded.....but what ever......

so now that we went threw all that...........where do you get them......

do you have to loosen it up before it can swivel.........

Billy

Name
BH
The pic you were showing looks threaded.....but what ever......

so now that we went threw all that...........where do you get them......

I got the heavy duty one to replace the old one at my local Parker Distributor but Im sure you could find them at NorthernTool, HomeDepot, Lowes, local well stocked Hardware Store, any place that sells Pressure Washer accesories, WinTrax etc etc etc......

Sorry we just wern't thinking on same terms I guess. Also I couldn't get the swivel to show in pic very well which is why I used two arrows to show you where it swiveled.

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-7FPS7FH-Double-Female-Connector/dp/B000FK239Q/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1390947240&sr=8-9&keywords=3%2F4%22+garden+hose+swivel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-53036-O...073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460f846ae1

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
That is awesome!!!! Sure cant do that with employees. the benefits of going independent with a helper. I am envious.

Reactions: Billy
Name
Dale Compton
That is awesome!!!! Sure cant do that with employees. the benefits of going independent with a helper. I am envious.

I was just about to ask Billy if he is owner/operator or has a crew. Billy, we are about 40 miles from each other, I have seen your truck around looks great !

Reactions: Billy

Billy

Name
BH
I was just about to ask Billy if he is owner/operator or has a crew. Billy, we are about 40 miles from each other, I have seen your truck around looks great !

We are currently Family Operated although we did have employees in the beginning when we had Construction, Janitorial, Restoration & Textiles etc.. We just were to picky & expected the employees to actually work for their pay.

We don't bite if you ever want to meet us LOL

Reactions: extremecleantn

Becker

Name
Becker
240 hrs a year? Billy I want to have a copy of your business plan..

I'd love to make a living off an hr a day TM time!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
240 hrs a year? Billy I want to have a copy of your business plan..

I'd love to make a living off an hr a day TM time!

Not answering for Billy.
Many of us Don, do not have tons of hours on our machines.
My 11 years old CDS has 3500 hours and I promise you that I'm not hungry. Lunch time I will be though :winky:

Here's the business plan:

1. You don't let the machine run when you're not working.
  2. You charge a decent price for your services.

After all you've worked hard and invested many years to become highly professional and develop your skills. And you invested in good quality, expensive equipment. Didn't you?

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Like Einstein staid, Everything is relative.

An hour on a V/AT is far more productive than an hour on your "Average" TM

not really...I am faster with the van then I am my cab over...or that I was with the Vortex........its not the truck and how much you can carry....its not about how big or small it is.....its about setting them up to be efficient......

sorry people...but I have been on both sides of this fence...and the big trucks are not all there cracked up to be...don't get me wrong...love the trucks...love the machine...but the are far from...what we want to make them out to be....

Billy

Name
BH
Thanks....just by looking at it...who would of thought it would of swiveled.....handy little part to have for a hose reel idea I have............

I would have because I have used this type of fitting for over 20 yrs in one way or another. I told you I wasn't kidding LOL.

If you look at my previous post I also found a couple of links for you to get one online. Now be-careful because all these types of fittings are not made equal which Im sure you already realize this.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
They take Mondays off like Stockwell to count all the stacks and stacks of cash their making. Sure aint taking it off for maintenance.

Golden Boy

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Around 1400 hrs & I plan on cleaning once a year now because my heat is now like when it was new, I couldn't believe the difference.

I'm a little over due on mine as well. I have only cleaned it in place and it is one heck of a mess. Have you ever cleaned it place? Any tips on tools (other than rifle cleaning kit).....:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Billy

Name
BH
I'm a little over due on mine as well. I have only cleaned it in place and it is one heck of a mess. Have you ever cleaned it place? Any tips on tools (other than rifle cleaning kit).....:thumbup:

I completely removed mine from truck which actually isn't that difficult when you have done it a few times. When removed it is easy to remove turbulators & clean them.

After this I use my pressure washer to clean out exhaust tubes which isn't really messy at all just time consuming I guess.

It also gives me chance to look for any unknown issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleantechsk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Really there is nothing to clean on these...your rifle cleaning kit should be all you need....I always just pushed it the holes and took it out on the street and started it up....blew it right out...it does not need any more then that...your not going to get it any cleaner by taking it all apart...PLUS...the therm oil is a CLOSED LOOP system...you stand a chance of getting things contaminated for no real reason....

you can take it all apart if it makes you feel better....but it's just a wasteful overkill.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom