Bissell vacuums!

Al

We carry the sanataire like the board logo

Also a Pro Team hepa backpack

and 2 42.00 dollar Bissell Vac's

Unless we need the hepa we always reach for the Bissells! They suck!!

The best part of the Bissell is bringing it into the clients home, Really :shock: I know, it's not professional looking :cry:

We have turned it into a great conversation starter!! It goes something like this, We just tell them that we are very involved in the industry and have traveled to industry events all over the country and contributed in scientific vacuum studies and this little Bissell was in the top 3 beating very expensive vacuums. It isn't a hepa but if you don't need one it's the best bang for your buck. They really appreciate this info and it makes us sound very knowledgeable.

8)

Chads

Supportive Member
I carry the 40 dollar Bissel too, and have been real impressed with it the only problem with it is it dosen't have a big enough vacumn motor on it I think it gets most of its cleaning capabilities from the beater bar. I also think it is one of the best for animal hair it kicks butt.
Did I mention how light it is.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't know but for $68 I got the bissel with hepa. The think cleans great. The only downside is those filters need to be cleaned at least daily and preferrably after each job. The upside is it's easy to just take a air hose to it every day and then once a week or so pull them and flush them with water. I change the belt about once a month but they're cheap and it's easy.

Al

When would you not need a HEPA?

I suppose everyone should use a hepa filtered vac but many don't and a lot of people waste money on gimmicky vacs and appreciate this info.
the Bissell constantly picks up more crap than our other vacs and that's the facts Jack

say that fast 3 times :D

Fon Johnson

We use a $600.00 dual motor combi vac. It looks professional, and the customer never has to see us trying to clean stupid filters out in their yard. As for performance, I can't tell you how many times they have commented on how great a job we did cleaning their carpet. Imagine the look on their face when we tell them we just vacuumed and have not cleaned yet. We also get lots of comments on how quiet it is, especially for the power it has.

C'mon Al, You like new toys.. give one a whirl! LOL

Al

and the customer never has to see us trying to clean stupid filters out in their yard
have you been spying on me again Fon?

I'm intrigued but we get that wow effect after a good Bissellin too. :roll:

We picked up pounds and pounds of sand the other day at a Kids Camp and the Bissells kicked butt so I figured I'd give them some kudo's. :D

8)

Fon Johnson

Oh, they have lots of suck, but the combi vac does better. I guess I just can't get past the noise that rattles china outta cabinets, and shaking that stupid filter.. Sometimes it is hard to find a place to hide and do it, even worse is when the wind shifts. The dirt winds up in your mouth, or on the customers clean car.. LOL

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Al said:
When would you not need a HEPA?

I suppose everyone should use a hepa filtered vac but many don't and a lot of people waste money on gimmicky vacs and appreciate this info.
the Bissell constantly picks up more crap than our other vacs and that's the facts Jack
say that fast 3 times :D

It's not what it's picking up, it's what's being blown out the exhaust.
The HEPA collects the smaller particles and keeps them from ending up BACK on the carpet.

Greenie

I used to be a Sani man, saw Meat's demo on the bissel at a SummerFest, never looked back, we must have 3 or 4 of them by now, the hepa version sounds intriguing, but honestly I wasn't that concerned about cleaning the air, reminds me of my filter queen days... :roll: , I feel sorry for customers who have to listen to the door to door pitch, and the Mrs. Piffs of the world that have to 'splain to hubby that she just spent $2000 on a Kirby.

Oh...and change your bissel belts more often, I jsut changed one last week, it was waaay stretched, only took 90 seconds.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Yeah, I wasn't concerned about getting the hepa filter. I just bought that one because it came with the on board tools. Hepa was just a bonus.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Which bissel? Where do you get them? I bought a couple sanitaire 5814's last year and our janitorial crew has destroyed them! I could have bought 6 of the bissels for one of them. :( I think they may start carrying cheap vacs! :D

Fon Johnson

Think about what is in that carpet. What goes into the air goes into your lungs. Considering what I have seen in some carpet, I'll protect my lungs thank you. After just one or two uses the bissell looks like it has been in a mid west dust storm.

We also usually use a Bissell (w/ HEPA) to prevac. We show the customer that they can do a good job, with an inexpensive vacuum.

Its also nice to be able to replace so easily. If you prevac a particularly funky smelling home, in some cases its easier to just buy a new vac than to defunk the now smelly vac.

I've been in homes that funked up vacs, certainly glad I wasnt using an expensive model.
0001112000524_500X500.jpg

We clean it daily (as we do all tools the go into the home) for hygiene, appearance and because properly maintained tools perform better, longer.

Fon Johnson

Dust NEVER collects on the outside of the combi vac. If we use in on a nasty, it is easy to remove the bag and wipe it down with ammonia.

Al

The cheapest one with the dust cup,

instructions for keeping bissell looking new :D

Empty the cup in paper grocery bags that you will keep on the truck, you put the bag over cup then flip it and close the bag, very little dust escapes this way, discard paper bags later at your shop.

Then you go to the vac port on TM and vac the dust cup as well as the other filters and wipe the plastic parts, note, when cleaning the foam filter allow it to be sucked into the vac port being sure to grip it tightly with thumb and forefinger this will remove most of the dust it is also a good idea to wash and dry it once a week.

Follow this with a quick wipe down with a squirt of pledge and a towel. Never bring a dusty machine in your clients home!

8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fon Johnson said:
We use a $600.00 dual motor combi vac. It looks professional,

will you be buying a new Vortex instead of that lawn mower TM next? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chads, clean the filter off, pull the vac hose and feel the vac that CHEAP Bissel has.
It's has more vac than any up-right I've ever owned or checked out.
it has more vac than many SHOP VCS have.

I was the dude that turned ya'll on to the cheap Bissels 5? 6? years ago.
We've been ABusing them for 10 years or better.

Here's the new "meAt approved" Bissel

http://www.shopzilla.com/bissell-moment ... 31/compare

actually, someone mentioned them here some time ago and that prompted me to try one.
Wish I could remember who it was to thank them and give them credit.
It wasn't one of the regular "board junkies"

anywhooooo...It's what we've been using for the last year or so.
I bought the first one for our home, then bought one for the van.
Sucks just as well as the cheap "old faithfuls" we've always ab-used, but MUCH LESS filter cleaning now!
(which was the biggest knock about the $49 model)

As our "rat nastie rental rehab" Bissels die, they'll be replaced with Bissel Cyclones

side note, we get asked a lot by custys,

"what's the best vac"

I tell them,

"the one that gets used"

Then I recommend they buy an "AFFORDABLE" Bissel for every floor of the home.
after i show them the gunk I pulled out of their carpets "they" just vacced with their big buck "designer" vac, it's a no brainer to them

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah i also use the cheap bissle vac. i have the bagless one (cheap step up from bagged) and i did that so i can see whats coming out and so i can stop buying out walmarts supply of bags.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I have been very happy with the Bissell CleanView vacs, customers freak out when they see what the Bissell removes from their carpets & ask for recommendations, I have been telling them to buy the Bissell Healthy Home, just the other day the lady ran to Costco & picked up the Healthy Home for $200.00 & called to say how happy she was, she has "Shag" carpet & since her Dyson doesn't have a manual height adjustment she couldn't use it.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Thanks for the vacuum tip, my pos oreck keeps falling apart, so I went down to Wmart and bought one of the Bissel Easy Vac, bagless with a little hepa filter, it was priced at 44.00 but rang up 37.00, I just vacuumed a few rooms, and it kicked butt, a little noisy, but it is very light, box says less than 10 lbs.

Greenie

yea, QUIET they are not.
$37 well invested.

that right there is worth $5

Kick it to Richard the struggling Ex chem dry guy above, "OLDDUFFY".

Do you think "the natural" causes throat cancer?
I'll bet it cost $300K in lawyers bills and endless months of court time to prove not. :wink:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Joey Johnston said:
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=bissel

The $44 one. I see you can even get different colors now. :roll:

That is the one I have and it works great as long as you clean the filters regularly. I am on my second one but i replace them every year or so.

I can't see spending all that money on a vac. when they go through hell.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just bought the Bissel power force..I think that's what it was called. Wanted the power track but they were out of that one. It was $86.00 or so. CA. prices, oh well.

Used it and was happy as hell. It was time for a new vac

So thanks.

Greenie

Now that Meat pointed it out that snazy HEPA cyclonic version with the rug rat looks like a keeper for $98

But....there is something nice about the $37 vac you can toss each year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom