blood on carpet from dead man

glenboy

Name
GLEN
just got an emergency call,the old guy coughed up blood and died,the spot is 2 ft by 2 ft,the last time i dealt with this was when the royal oak post office got shot up,but we used shovels and hoses.this is in the carpet. i have 40 vol, i have prochem odor rescue,i have Hydrocide.and a small claw. where should i start -sniff

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shouldn't be too bad if he just coughed up the blood. I would spray on an ammonia/detergent solution, try and keep your solution lines cool initially and rinse, then use the 40 vol for any remaining, then rinse.

This falls under bio hazard cleaning. Run away from it. You are liable if the next person of baby gets sick from what the guy my have had. I have seen a lot of bio hazard clean up and they cut out the carpets and replace the bad spot.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Vac up the maggots and chunks and it shouldn't be that tough to rinse out.

Sometimes rust remover helps.

Seems like it always wicks up (if it is a bleed out.) So, charge enough for a return trip.

(I hate it when they also squirt blood all over the walls.)

Around here there is no health regulations for bio-recovery.

Usually the family cleans it up themselves.

glenboy said:
looked at the job and there were about 10 pellet size spots,

If you and your business have nothing to lose do it. You will be liable if someone get sick in any way. Myself I have way to much to lose. I would pass on this.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Just give it a good rinse and pour the 40 volume to it and rinse and repeat till gone. What the hell do you guys do if a dog cuts is paw and bleeds all over the place.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
If you and your business have nothing to lose do it. You will be liable if someone get sick in any way. Myself I have way to much to lose. I would pass on this.

No one is going to catch anything from old blood.
Blood born pathogens can not survive outside the body for any length of time. By the time the blood is dried, it is no longer dangerous, but charge as if it is... LIKE!

Goomer said:

No one is going to catch anything from old blood.
Blood born pathogens can not survive outside the body for any length of time. By the time the blood is dried, it is no longer dangerous, but charge as if it is... LIKE!

You are so wrong.
CDC,

How long does the Hepatitis C virus survive outside the body?

The Hepatitis C virus can survive outside the body at room temperature, on environmental surfaces, for at least 16 hours but no longer than 4 days.

Any blood spills — including dried blood, which can still be infectious — should be cleaned using a dilution of one part household bleach to 10 parts water. Gloves should be worn when cleaning up blood spills.

From CDC web site.

I'm Amazed of some of the bad advice people give here. You don't know if any fluids leaked into the backing of the carpet and pad. what the guy died from. Like I said I would walk. Unless you are starving for work?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
You are so wrong.
CDC,

How long does the Hepatitis C virus survive outside the body?

The Hepatitis C virus can survive outside the body at room temperature, on environmental surfaces, for at least 16 hours but no longer than 4 days.

That's in a temperature controlled laboratory environment where it is not allowed to dry.
Hep is heartier than most viruses, but we are talking several days dried on a rug, and most if not all updated info states much shorter survivability times outside the body than the "Old School" info states. Even if it was still fresh, it would have to be introduced directly to your bloodstream.
I would be more concerned if it was a puddle or pool of blood since it may be harder to determine it was completely dry, but I would not worry if it was "ten pellet sized spots" dried on the carpet surface.
A thorough cleaning using general safety precautions will render the area harmless if it is not already so, and creates a nice opportunity to charge up the ass for it since I would consider it a special service weather dangerous or not.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree, my comment was for a 2ftx2ft size spot that was first stated.

However I'd still take the necessary steps to make sure I or the technicans are safe in the handling in spot removal. Gloves, eye protection, bloodborne pathogen class (can be done on line inexpensively).

Protein spotter, flush, rust remover if a faint shadow. Blood can be tricky, looks like it's gone only to resurface. I'd explain that prior to cleaning and build a second trip into your rate.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Lyman said:
Just give it a good rinse and pour the 40 volume to it and rinse and repeat till gone. What the hell do you guys do if a dog cuts is paw and bleeds all over the place.

Do you have any idea what board you are on?

The people that use this board wont allow any kind of human or animal waste inside their truck mounts. This includes urine, PooPoo, blood, vomit, spit, dead skin, brain matter or anything else that comes from human or animal. There is also no dirt allowed in Mikeys Board users truck mounts as they all only clean new carpet and have a $400 min charge.

ps. They all are also working 60 hours per day so they hire a secretary to post on Mikey's Board all day long while talking about how they are booked 3 weeks out.. :) I've seen Jimmy naked

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Magic One said:
Tell to call their ins. co. and run from the job.

What's wrong with u wussies?????

Were talking a little dried blood here.........we are CARPET CLEANERS you know.

No worse than half the other shit we suck out of carpets whether we know it or not.

WARNING:
THE NEXT CARPET YOU CLEAN MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

Blood
Feces
Urine
Vomit
Semen
SHEjaculation
Saliva
Old Food Stuffs
Old Boogers
New Boogers
Ear wax
Dingleberries
Pubic Hair
Ass Hair
Toenails
Drug residue
KY Jelly
Toe cheese

Who'da fook knows what else.............grow a pair and collect the $$$.

Mikey P

Administrator
Goomer said:
Magic One said:
Tell to call their ins. co. and run from the job.

What's wrong with u wussies?????

Were talking a little dried blood here.........we are CARPET CLEANERS you know.

No worse than half the other shit we suck out of carpets whether we know it or not.

WARNING:
THE NEXT CARPET YOU CLEAN MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

Blood
Feces
Urine
Vomit
Semen
SHEjaculation
Saliva
Old Food Stuffs
Old Boogers
New Boogers
Ear wax
Dingleberries
Pubic Hair
Ass Hair
Toenails
Drug residue
KY Jelly
Toe cheese

Who'da fook knows what else.............grow a pair and collect the $$$.

X3!!!

Carpet Cleaning makes you healthy.

I rarely get sic due to the constant exposure to the above.

My new guy was all sniffles and reactions during his first month here.

I've already made a healthier person out of him form the hard work and shejaculation virus.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We ain't afraid of cleaning shit! LIKE!

DSCN4394.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom