Blower repair advice..

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hey mechanical guys, I've got a roots 56 in a white magic cds. It starts to bog down after a couple of hours running and I think it was low on oil as it's hard to read where it's suppose to be. I changed the oil for the first time in 3 years and put a new tension pulley bearing on but still not running right although it spins freely by hand. Do you think a bearing is bad and is that something I could change myself or should I take it to jondon 160 miles away? I could only change the one bearing on the outside, no way could I get to the other side and if it had to be replaced I couldn't do that because of all the rusty connections. I have a back-up I'm using so should I just take it to the pros?? Thanks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
When you spin it by hand...you say it spins free.....is it smooth or does it feel rough....

have you checked the relief valve.....if it is sticking it could also bog you down.....

FredC

Village Idiot
also possible that the front drive components are not delivering the needed HP for whatever reason...like slipping belts/clutch

edit : Is the engine also bogging?

Last edited:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
probably not the blower. If it turns freely by hand then the bogging down is most likely something else. If your blower bearing was that bad then you would be hearing some very loud noise from the blower.

Does it bogg down all the time or just under load? Have you checked for any restrictions. Is the issue possible an engine problem? Just some things to look at

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
The blower pulley clanks real loud when it's engaged, belts taken off the pump so I could isolate noise. Pretty sure it's not main clutch or engine.Already Opened relief valve more to let it breath easier.

Hey mechanical guys, I've got a roots 56 in a white magic cds. It starts to bog down after a couple of hours running and I think it was low on oil as it's hard to read where it's suppose to be. I changed the oil for the first time in 3 years and put a new tension pulley bearing on but still not running right although it spins freely by hand. Do you think a bearing is bad and is that something I could change myself or should I take it to jondon 160 miles away? I could only change the one bearing on the outside, no way could I get to the other side and if it had to be replaced I couldn't do that because of all the rusty connections. I have a back-up I'm using so should I just take it to the pros?? Thanks.

Kevin,

Give me a call (864) 233-6442. I can tell you where to get the parts locally and help you do the job yourself. Just don't run the unit anymore. The noise that you are hearing are the tips of the rotors hitting. If these continue to hit it will wear the tolerances down, and the blower will only be good as a boat anchor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom