Booking over the phone....

Jamesh921

Name
James
Aside from the typical questions like;

"When was the last time you had it cleaned?

Do you remember the name of the last company who cleaned for you?

Was SG applied the last time you had it cleaned?...... etc......"

What else do you ask a new custy when they call to book an appt?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
"Is the work in or near (your service area)?"

"What/where are your 'areas of special concern'?"

"Do you need to have this work done by a certain date?"

"Is there a day of the week that is better or worse for you?"

"Are you wealthy?"

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually these questions should be asked whether you try and "book over the phone" or you are trying to book a "pre-inspection".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jamesh921 said:

"When was the last time you had it cleaned? No

Do you remember the name of the last company who cleaned for you? No

Was SG applied the last time you had it cleaned?...... etc......" No

I ask when they would like to have their carpets cleaned, What areas they would like done and I get there address etc.

I have the Full Circle girls mention Tile and Grout Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning and Protectants....Just to get them thinking about it.

Too many questions can be intrusive.....Just get the job scheuduled and get into the house before you creep them out and they come up with a fake reason they need to cancel.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Forget asking who cleaned it last time. It's pointless.'

It doesn't matter if they had protector applied last time and if you want to ask that question. Ask it at the job.

I just ask do you have any special problems or concerns , Like pet odors, heavy soiling or unusual spots?

Then shut up and let the prospect talk.

Then after discussing how we can address their concerns and letting them know we would find the best approach when I meet with them personally and before we perform their service.

I say, "While we are on the phone together. We have a few openings coming up. Would Tuesday or Thursday work better for you?"

Becker

Name
Becker
Jamesh921 said:

"When was the last time you had it cleaned?

Do you remember the name of the last company who cleaned for you?

Was SG applied the last time you had it cleaned?...... etc......"

I ask non of that..

Normally they are the ones asking the questions.
In conversation some of those questions might come up, but I don't have a list of questions to ask callers besides those required to secure the job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve in Omaha said:
How did you get my name?

I almost forgot that one. We always ask how they heard about us.

This is important for tracking but it also lets me know what I'm in for as far as deals etc.

AND

My New signature will be "If Ken Snow sez it....it HAS to be true" :mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Close the sale baby!
Ummmm Ken.......i called yor company as a secret shopper not long ago.......

#1...your girl could NOT give me a price for two rms and a hall...
as "they will have to look at it first"

# 2......i was treated like something she stepped in and got on her new pair of shoes.....

HOWEVER........i'm STILL gonna set up a job with Hagopian.......sometime in the near future.......
again as the secret shopper...
and put the results....right here the same as i did CRASH!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My first few questions are,

How did you hear about us? (very important to know how to process the call, if a referal it means they are not shopping, just want some information to have us clean or estimate)

Are you calling from xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx I list the three major cities I work in.

Is it a home your moving into, out of, or living in? We have a different pricing structure for tenants moving out of units.

What all do you need cleaned?

Are there any special areas of concern?

This usually gives me a great feel for the type of person I am talking too. I can then proceed to book a cleaning over the phone with a idea of price or set up an in home estimate that I prefer to do with most my occupied homes.

If they are a referal from another customer then I already have credibility and in most cases can book the job over the phone and give them a price before I start.

Tenants moving out are the same way. I can give them a pretty accurate price and then book a cleaning time.

Some forms of my marketing such as direct mail, phone book and newspaper inserts I want to give in home estimates to sell the job.

I know most of you guys don't like to do in home estimates but I prefer them. I am great at selling the job and I close 95% of my in home estimates even though I am more expensive than most cleaners in my area. It gives me a chance to convince them how good we really are. I look at the lifetime value of a customer and the thousands that a typical customer will spend with me over the long term makes an in home estimate an investment that will pay over and over.

I

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob- I am not sure that is possible cause it is $71.95 and our system prices it automatically, with the caveat of rooms being over 250 sq ft bing an additional charge of $.15 sq ft for the overage.

As for how you were treated if you in fact called, please tell me the phone number you called from so I can trace it. Every inbound and outbound call we can trace to the person as they are logged in to our call management software.

Please let me know.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Bob- I am not sure that is possible cause it is $71.95 and our system prices it automatically, with the caveat of rooms being over 250 sq ft bing an additional charge of $.15 sq ft for the overage.

As for how you were treated if you in fact called, please tell me the phone number you called from so I can trace it. Every inbound and outbound call we can trace to the person as they are logged in to our call management software.

Please let me know.

Don yell at me ken....
MIKEY put me up to it........ :lol:

i got Art too...
he's WAY more 'spensive than YOU!

and you know what's WORSE......

NO ONE in Michigan uses a glide.......! :twisted:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not yelling Bob and will take it seriously if true. Pm me the number you called from. Your cell phone has never called us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bawb did it really happen or were you in the purple haze thinking about it happening? :p

Did you see Jimi? Cause if you did, it didn't really happen. :mrgreen:

Name
jack zerkie
How old is the carpet and what color is it suppose to be? I .m still cleaning a 1978 shag that Iv,e cleaned for more than 25 yrs no padding left and its filthy before I clean it and everytime the lady says wow and we thought we needed new carpeting. jz

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I was wrong he did call on 10/14. Bob please pm me cause I am confused about the service you allgedly recieved. The Customer Care Coordinator who took your call is almost over the top sweet. Please call or pm me, esp if you were kidding about the experience.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Not yelling Bob and will take it seriously if true. Pm me the number you called from. Your cell phone has never called us.

OK..the FIRST question i axe her was......
you DO use what they call a..... "truck mount" don you?
she sez yes........but then silence...no follow thru at all!
when i asked about glides.......it went south from there........

you shoulda heard ART'S reply.......... :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken i'm sure she thought i was just a smart assed competitor shopping prices.........

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Doc Holliday said:
Ken i'm sure she thought i was just a smart assed competitor shopping prices.........
You were!

See why NO ONE likes you! :p It certainly explains why you were an only child! :mrgreen:

HEY..somebody likes me......somewhere...someplace...there GOTTA be SOMEONE....dink? thathurts

NO...i really NEED my carpet cleaned...
remember...it smells like stinky old feet for some reason!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
We can clean it for you Monday Bob, does that work for you?

How much?
will YOU be coming yorsef......?
do yor techs have tattoos......on 'em?
will they go thru my wifes panty drawer?
will i get a new truck...or an old used up one?
do you has the old stinky foot smell remover?
how much?
how early Monday.......i don wanna sit around all day waiting!
they won't make us wear those silly booties ....will they?
otherwise....Mon is fine :lol:

CDRX

I ask what city they're in to know if they're actually in my service area, and if they are, to be able to steer them to schedule their job for a day I will be in their area.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have multiple trucks in every area, every day but I understand as an oo or 2-5 truck company it is much more efficient to try to steer them more to your choice of day. We want to steer everyone to the next available day to keep the days booked up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom