Brushing in Pre-Spray

Name
Al
We just landed a contract to clean 500,000+ sq/ft (a year) of carpet in a school system. Contract is for the next 5 years and yes it was a fair price.

What I would like to know what brush or system you use to scrub in the pre-spray before hot water extraction. All of this carpet is old worn out glue down. I just need something to break-up the crud before we extract.

Yes, I know I have doing this for 18 years and yes I know I should know how by now. Most of the time I walk away from this type of job or over price it (this time I got the price we needed). I just like doing the easy stuff like drying the Grand Ole Opry but it is 500,000 sq/ft. of carpet cleaning. With three Vortex's I will muscle thru it.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A simple floor machine would do fine, get some pads(or brushes) and you are good to go.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do my daughters school twice a year and I have never had to scrub in the pre-spray.....

flush the hell out of it..........run a good filter....you will pull enough dirt and sand out of that carpet to make your own beach.....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Al, a shampoo brush under a rotary or a pile lifter with the vac motor unplugged will do great things... A CRB like a whitaker may also be worth a look as well... Mainly because it has an onboard tank and can do a decent job cleaning on its own with a good shampoo, and the collection binwill catch all teh crud the brushes dig up...

Name
BradFenstermaker
Al you probably already have a couple of 175 machines. Use pad driver and beige pads. Quick and easy.

I'm thinking if I had 500,000 sf of commercial carpet that was mainly open space, I'm thinking big machine, low labor. How many man hours is 500,000 sf? Let's say 250. That's $25,000 in labor if you can get away with paying minimum wage, after Worker's Comp and Social Security. No thanks! The EDIC Polaris 1201PS is going to knock out 4,000 sf per hour. That cuts the man hours to 125. My local dealer will sell this machine for $2,500. There are people who will sell it for $2,700 delivered out there.
Am I going to spend $2,500 on a machine that will save me over $12,500 in labor? Well duh! And it does a mighty fine prescrub. With 137" waterlift, it beats most single 3 stage self contained units on soil removal and dry time. Save your TM's for doing something more profitable. Also a whole lot less labor, how many can stroke a wand for 8 hours? Not me. I can pull this slightly smaller machine around for 8 hours at a time. http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/produ ... is701.html It cost me $1,800 for a demo machine that had about 15 hours on it.

http://www.edic-usa.com/index.php/produ ... 201ps.html

Mikey P

Administrator
I've noticed that with some decent dwell time slop n goblet does not need agitation in most settings..

But bring your 175 along just in case.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If you did not know this. You should not even bid on something like this.

Golden Boy

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have the whittaker and for scrubbing glue down it's not aggressive enough. i use the 175 with a brush, not brave enough to try a floor pad. i think it's worth the effort. i have tried side by side with encap. and it just doesn't come close to Hwe when done properly. You can't flush out a glue down without lots of hot water and plenty of vacuum.

gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
Waldo said:
If you did not know this. You should not even bid on something like this.

Golden Boy
We all bid over our heads sometimes. "Waldo" what's your suggestion?

Big Al will figure it out either way.

Mike Draper

no CRB will come close to a cimex for pre-scrubbing. Slop & gobble and a wand alone wont clean dirt as well as a S&g, cimex then wand.

cimex.jpg

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Mike Draper said:
no CRB will come close to a cimex for pre-scrubbing. Slop & gobble and a wand alone wont clean dirt as well as a S&g, cimex then wand.

cimex.jpg

Mike, Are you applying the prespray with the Mex?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
A few cimexes or the big daddy Carpet Max which will do 8-12k sqft/per hour.

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wibJ65oOS1Qn]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Mike Draper I'd use the hydroforce and use the Cimex and just shower feed precondition as needed. (don't want to go through prespray too fast)

If you have an Orbot you could use the Sprayborg to apply and a Fiber Plus pad to break it up. It would do a nice job too.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If it was me i would pad encap most all of it.

Except the heavier areas.

Then use what ever combination works best.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If Al has a Cimex available, I would recommend using that.
Prespray with hydroforce and also put prespray into the mex tank and pull the trigger on really bad areas as you go.

Mikey do you think prescrubbing with a 175 or Cimex would be a big difference?
I think the Cimex could do just as fast.

And to the guy that suggested doing it with a portable instead of 3 Big trucks- Are you kidding me??
We have done jobs like that with 2 or 3 truckmounts where we had multiple wands going 8-10 hours straight and there is no way that you will keep up with a portable!
Just think of the fill up, dump times! Even if you hook it up with auto fill and dump you will need to re hook it to defferent areas..unless you have several hundreds of feet of hose.

8-10hours wanding with a 20minute lunchtime is not a big deal.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I would go with a Brush Pro CRB machine. IT can provide the agitation and act like a pile lifter in the same pass when you use the renovator collector bins. Since the more is 50% stronger than similar machines, it won't bog down in nasty carpet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Al ... I clean a LOT of schools every year. I have never had to brush in my prespray ... EVER! I wouldn't suggest you make this harder than it has to be.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Marty said:
You realize you've just blown Al's thread all to hell, don't you?

no won ton soup for you! mam, thats for the basic steam clean only.. Here we go.... ( I just ruined my next thread too... lol)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom