Built a dual blower setup - few questions

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Ive built yet another dual blower setup for my Direct drive Ambulance, I think this is the third dual blower setup my father and I have setup over the years.

Its a roots 45 and a roots 36, I thought about using a sutorbilt #4 in place of the 36 but its mounting feet are cast and I wanted both to be horizontal.

The main reason for doing this is so we can run the machine at slower speeds and still maintain a decent CFM,

The problem im running in to is at lower speeds (Van @ 900rpm, blowers are spinning at 1800rpm),
It 'sounds' like plenty of cfm at the wand, more so than just one blower at 90/100% blower rpm, but not very much lift.

At what rpm do I need to run these blowers to achieve there full lift capability?

And if I water inject the blowers will they reach higher HG lift across all rpm ranges?

P.S. This thing makes my glided GreenHorn SCREAM when I set the RPM at 90%, at the end of 200ft of hose, so loud it freaks out my customers... im afraid to even try 100% rpm!!

How do you Vortex guys deal with a loud wand??? I imagen I still don't have the CFM of a V!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Interesting.

What's the advantage of two blowers vs one bigger blower? Can you disengage one blower?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Advantage 1 is I HAD 2 blowers laying around,

Advantage 2, if one fails I can take it's belt off and continue with one blower.

Currently the only way to disengage a blower is to remove it's belt.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ashley;

The #45 blower is capable of much higher lift than the #36.

The blower with the most lobe wear is probably limiting your lift @ 1800 RPM.

I would try each blower inlet separately to check the lift developed @ 1800 RPM.

Larry

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
And what is the liklihood of a blower failing? Not much in my world.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom